The online racing simulator
Live for Speed S2, version Z28
(188 posts, closed, started )
Quote from calbond :Only a few servers come up for me and it wont let me on even if i use join specific host it loads until messages then says Host did not recieve UDP packet. Please help . Thanks

We've done a lot of research into reasons why that could happen but we could only conclude that either your router or ISP is having problem routing UDP packets. Some ISP's seem to block really tiny UDP packets for example. Others just don't like UDP at all, albeit temporary usually.

Quote from calbond :I would if it wasnt closed

That's the test forum you are referring to. The bugs forum is always open : http://www.lfsforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7
But I'm afraid your problem is not an LFS bug.
:/
I have just gone back to version z22 and z22 works fine :/
Quote from Scawen :What is wrong with your computer? Why do you have to go through "that procedure" every update?

Nothing is wrong with it and I don't care at all about one additional entry. I was merely pointing out that, since as I understand you will be using the installer for everything from now on, including testpatches, regular users who do have a problem with it will have to go through the procedure with every update.

Personally I dislike the installer for a different reason, which is that it overwrites existing files without prompting the user. Obviously a solution to this problem would be rather complex as you'd have to distribute a hashtable with the installer to compare existing files to, check if they are the originals and only replace them if they are and prompt the user otherwise. I don't ask for that, I don't really ask for anything, I was merely supporting Dygear's - in my opinion reasonable - suggestion.
Quote from Intermediate07 :@Scawen

Something strange happened a few minutes ago on the NDR|MiniFBM 2009 Server.

Suddenly all car sound etc was gone and we all had to connect again onto the server.

Regards, Inter

I did not have to reconnect, i just pressed shift-n and it was back to normal. However, very strange that everyone on the server lost the sound at the same time.
Quote from Intermediate07 :@Scawen

Something strange happened a few minutes ago on the NDR|MiniFBM 2009 Server.

Suddenly all car sound etc was gone and we all had to connect again onto the server.

Regards, Inter

I saved the replay. Strange bug indeed... Also happends in the replay

(cutted the replay because it was to big to post it here, still you'll have to FF to like 24m 45s).

Tell me if it doesn't work or need the full one. (since mpredit sucks a bit here)
Attached files
Sound Bug.mpr - 1.3 MB - 393 views
I can confirm that the sound vanishes - I think Niko caused it. Watch the pit exit at 24:45, on top of the bridge the where the left corner down to the exit ramp starts; Niko crashes and flies off into the trees. His car hangs there for a second before the sound cuts out at the exact moment where he respawns onto the track. If you watch him directly (first person/follow view, not shift+u), then the sound bugs out even more and the camera doesn't respawn at all.
Quote from Costas Athan :I get the error message "Parameter 1 is invalid" when I try to join a server via a browser. (I tried both Fx 3.5.5 and IE 8).

I have the same message in Opera 10
Quote from RealNeos :I have the same message in Opera 10

How did you try to connect? I went to lfsworld.net, Servers, and clicked "join server". I'm using Opera 10 and I got a security prompt message asking whether to allow the website to open lfs.exe or not. I chose "Yes", allowing access, and my LFS opened and instantly joined the server I had chosen to connect.

Same thing goes for IE8. Everything's working wonderfully.
Quote from calbond :Only a few servers come up for me and it wont let me on even if i use join specific host it loads until messages then says Host did not recieve UDP packet. Please help . Thanks

Maybe your ISP engaged a Firewall, that´s what happened in my case (more or less same problem). Try calling their support, solved my case at least.
Quote from hyntty :The translation sucks.

I've removed your posts because they are basically spam - this is not a ranting thread.

Also I removed the replies to your posts so the thread still makes sense.

What would be helpful is if you quoted the poorly translated lines and suggested an alternative.
Quote from morpha :...as I understand you will be using the installer for everything from now on, including testpatches, regular users who do have a problem with it will have to go through the procedure with every update.

I think it is unlikely that we would use it for test patches, unless we are testing the installer.
Quote from Costas Athan :I get the error message "Parameter 1 is invalid" when I try to join a server via a browser. (I tried both Fx 3.5.5 and IE 8).

Quote from RealNeos :I have the same message in Opera 10

Did you have LFS Join installed before? I think maybe you would get that if the messages are still going through LFS Join.

So... if that is the case I think you should uninstall LFS Join.

I've also attached this useful tool which is like a cut-down installer that only add or removes the associations.
Save the exe from the zip file into your LFS folder.
Then after uninstalling LFS Join you can run the association tool and make sure the lfs:// association is enabled.

NOTE : The translations are not finished in the association tool.
Attached files
LFS_Associations.zip - 171.4 KB - 316 views
I got the same parameter 1 invalid message when trying to join: [url]lfs://|[/url][SR]+Hotlap+League|0|S2/ but once I deleted the association and joined it on LFSW with: [url]lfs://join=[/url][SR] Hotlap League it worked
Quote from Scawen :Did you have LFS Join installed before? I think maybe you would get that if the messages are still going through LFS Join.

So... if that is the case I think you should uninstall LFS Join.

I've also attached this useful tool which is like a cut-down installer that only add or removes the associations.
Save the exe from the zip file into your LFS folder.
Then after uninstalling LFS Join you can run the association tool and make sure the lfs:// association is enabled.

NOTE : The translations are not finished in the association tool.

I had installed Join2LFS but I have uninstalled it. Basically I just deleted its files.

I also ran the tool you attached with no success!

Firefox has the following associations available:

I will translate them for you:
  1. Always ask
  2. Use "C:\LFS\LFS.exe" %1 (default)
  3. Use LFS.exe
I tried both options (2 & 3) but I get the same message:

I'd better check this...

On which website are the Join links you are trying to use?

The LFS World ones : http://www.lfsworld.net/?win=hosts

And the "online at" under someone's name should work.

Other websites may not yet be updated,
Quote from boothy :I got the same parameter 1 invalid message when trying to join: [url="lfs://%7C"]lfs://|[/url][SR]+Hotlap+League|0|S2/ but once I deleted the association and joined it on LFSW with: [url]lfs://join=[/url][SR] Hotlap League it worked

Well that's interesting. I didn't use LFS World links. I clicked on some links of the first type you posted.

So can't I join to a server through this type of links? Is there an issue with character encoding maybe?

edit: The links I followed are available here: [url]http://gvrteam.gr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=1147[/url]
Just click any "Join" link above of the boxes!
E: ^^^ I guess that kind of answers it ^^^

---

Are you sure you're actually clicking a well-formed lfs:// link?

A correct link must look like this:
lfs://join=<hostname>

If someone creates a link that is just
lfs://<hostname>

you'll get the parameter 1 invalid error message.
Yes I noticed that on our homepage http://www.sonicrealmsracing.co.uk/ where the join links to our servers haven't been updated yet to include the "join=" therefore don't work
[url]lfs://|GVRteam%20Demo%20Server%20%232|0|S2|/[/url]

Well there isn't any "join=" part in the above link...
I think it's the responsibility of whoever puts those links on their page, etc. to use the now correct format. I can't imagine the URL format will ever change again, now that it is implemented in LFS itself, so it should only be a one-time change anyway.
I love the file associates so when I download a replay it'll automatically open in LFS.

And the install is a breeze, thanks Scawen! (Y)
Quote from Costas Athan :Yeah. So either this kind of links should be updated or the LFS should work with them too.

I think that's developers call.

It is definitely time for all LFS websites to update to the new format.

The problem you encountered inspired me to write some instructions to help any LFS website owners to update their links :

New Thread in Hosts Forum : http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=63744
Quote from Scawen :It is definitely time for all LFS websites to update to the new format.

The problem you encountered inspired me to write some instructions to help any LFS website owners to update their links :

New Thread in Hosts Forum : http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=63744

I guess the guide is what is needed for the webmasters!
This thread is closed

Live for Speed S2, version Z28
(188 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG