The online racing simulator
Live for Speed S2, version Z28
(188 posts, closed, started )
Quote from lsdblackwolf :hey!

I think it would be nice to have some sort of profile saving.

I just had to copy all my files from z25 folder to z28 one, could this be avoided in the future with a profile import feature or something?

Another thing i think should be nice would be a gfx configurator. It would run a few tests to figure out what the best graphic config would be best suited for your pc. Or maybe having an option list to let you chose which config you want to use. Like "best performance" or "best quality".

Just an idea!

Cheers and keep up the great work scavier! :d

+1!
I found some bugs in this patch - when I connect to a server, my nickname changes form sto #77 delis to sto 77 delis, i hate that, it changes my driver position from left to right, it changes km/h to mph, and i found that someone, who have z25 he sees "#" symbol like "h"
#53 - Nobo
Quote from delis :I found some bugs in this patch - when I connect to a server, my nickname changes form sto #77 delis to sto 77 delis, i hate that, it changes my driver position from left to right, it changes km/h to mph, and i found that someone, who have z25 he sees "#" symbol like "h"

Huh, yeah he is right and i thought yesterday i have been to stupid to write my racer name correctly.
Quote from Glenn67 :In graphics options set 'Full Scene Antialiasing' to none then try again.

If that fixes it it could be the same problem I and others are having at higher resolutions with TH2G and Win 7.

Thanks, thats solved the problem I put AAx4 (I got AAx8) and run fine
Just had 2 random LFS.exe shutdowns, that came completely random. (I THINK it has something to do with my PC, as it acts kinda wierd sometimes, bluesreens and so on)
Anyone else got that? (W7)
After those shutdowns it worked well.
Quote from thomas poulsen :z28 and ATI don't work together see for your self!

in z25 i don't have the problem

This looks not like a bug in the game. I would say that this is an problem with your graphic card! Does your system freeze? If possible check your temps with speedfan, or other tools.
I have a problem . When I playing the lfs ,sometime the lfs go to desk. Not running any program same time with lfs and I dont press alt+tab. I m use z28 and vista sp1 32bit. Recently started the problem. Thx the answer.
Do you have AVG as antivirus software ?
Quote from Ripley :Do you have AVG as antivirus software ?

Yes the avg 9.0 was the problem?
Quote from delis :I found some bugs in this patch - when I connect to a server, my nickname changes form sto #77 delis to sto 77 delis, i hate that, it changes my driver position from left to right, it changes km/h to mph, and i found that someone, who have z25 he sees "#" symbol like "h"

There is a change with the # character. I think you can fix this by editing your driver name.

1) select that driver name in Options - Driver
2) click on it, so LFS says "Enter new name for driver"
3) click OK - your name will be resaved as sto ^h77.ply

Now, your name should appear in LFS as sto #77 and should not change at any time. Other people online who did not upgrade to Z28 will see sto h77 - the solution is for them to get Z28.
I have a problem with replays.
today when i was racing at FoX FM Junkies, i got involved in a crash and i went to watch the replay to see what was happening.
When i was watching the replay I clicked in the timeline, where I thought the crash was, that was like 3/4 of the timeline, and all the cars appeared with the (170lag) thing.... I never had the problem, im gonna post the replay tomorrow and in the right section.
btw. small suggestion with replays - I think I jump back to main menu terminating the replay, it would be more handful to go back to replay menu ("1 level up")
Quote from Scawen :
Added support for lfs:// (start LFS with command line from web page)

I get the error message "Parameter 1 is invalid" when I try to join a server via a browser. (I tried both Fx 3.5.5 and IE 8).
Dec 11th, 2008 19:10: VW car announced....almost a Year later...no car? i mean come on..and to make a patch and come out and say that it does not contain the VW / Tire Phys / Rocking ham.....Ooooh...makes me angry.

(on the other side)

Game is fun to play, like the small improvements.
You should read the last progress reports to know why it's like that
Quote from Scawen :You can recreate an old-style install, with absolutely nothing added to the registry and no shortcuts by following these two steps :
  1. Install LFS (you can disable all file associations and shortcuts during the install)
  2. Uninstall LFS - you'll see an option that allows you to leave the LFS folder in place. All registry entries and shortcuts will be removed.

You could add an option to the installer it's self no make like an SFX with a checkbox in the installer.

[ ] Extract Files Only, Do Not Write to Registry (Disables Uninstaller).

If the box is checked, while (On Install Page AND Installing) then don't do any of the registry edits, and don't make the uninstaller.

Quote from Scorpio12344 :[Negative Remark]

(on the other side)

[Positive Remark]

Bipolar / Schizophrenic?
If you are, I'm going to feel like such a dick.
Quote from Dygear :You could add an option to the installer it's self no make like an SFX with a checkbox in the installer.

[ ] Extract Files Only, Do Not Write to Registry (Disables Uninstaller).

If the box is checked, while (On Install Page AND Installing) {then don't do any of the registry edits, and don't make the uninstaller.}

+1
Not a good idea, that would confuse people. The installer needs to be as simple as possible. There isn't a problem with the current one. If you don't wan't registry entries, it takes about 5 seconds to run the uninstaller, uncheck "Remove Live for Speed folder" and then click "Uninstall".

Let's not waste time trying to solve problems that don't exist.
We will have to go through that procedure for every update, the uninstaller will be used only once Don't make it easier to quit than to stay
Quote from morpha :We will have to go through that procedure for every update, the uninstaller will be used only once Don't make it easier to quit than to stay

What is wrong with your computer? Why do you have to go through "that procedure" every update?

Nealry all software you install has an installer. This one gives you the ability to remove all registry entries, while leaving the software.

But there is no harm just installing the software. Are you really worried that the LFS installer has left one tiny entry in your registry, so that it can be uninstalled at a later date? What possible reason do you have for this concern?

This is starting to get a bit annoying now. Some people had concerns, we dealt with them all. If you are so concerned about anything added to your registry, why do you use a Windows computer? Instead of continuing with these comments that I cannot understand, why not explain : what is the problem with a small entry in your registry? How do you use your computer without installing any software? Do you only use software that does not touch your registry? That would be more interesting, letting us know how you do that, instead of continuing to grumble about the LFS installer which we designed to offer all LFS users everything they want, experienced or new, people who find the file associations useful and also those who don't.

If someone wants to stop using LFS because we added an installer, that is fine, I will not shed a tear.
i dont understand you people,why keep pissing off the devs with stupid crap i can imagine myself 1 day they will say: oh ye? f*** off do it yourself
Problem :(
Only a few servers come up for me and it wont let me on even if i use join specific host it loads until messages then says Host did not recieve UDP packet. Please help . Thanks
Quote from calbond :Only a few servers come up for me and it wont let me on even if i use join specific host it loads until messages then says Host did not recieve UDP packet. Please help . Thanks

I think bug forum is more appriopriate
This thread is closed

Live for Speed S2, version Z28
(188 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG