The online racing simulator
Don't know if this is a bug or whatever.

Also don't know if it's because I was using Z15 or not, but please check the replay on T2 between AMT>>sermilan and Eiw.

There was no lag, yet the car behaived very strangely. It felt as I'd been hit with a huge sledgehammer.
Attached files
AS6r crash at T2.mpr - 338.9 KB - 440 views
why change the shadows? this game is good yet, just add the scirocco and i will be happy
Quote from SanSebi :why change the shadows? this game is good yet, just add the scirocco and i will be happy

not test patch related
the mew shadows are for linux systems ...
and shut up whit that scicoco
Quote from sermilan :Don't know if this is a bug or whatever.

Also don't know if it's because I was using Z15 or not, but please check the replay on T2 between AMT>>sermilan and Eiw.

There was no lag, yet the car behaived very strangely. It felt as I'd been hit with a huge sledgehammer.

lag....

you can see that your front tyres was in each other and in the next packet you are flying away
I dug out my old and temperamental R440 wheel because it's been months since I played LFS properly. The pad doesn't cut it for online play and even 180 degrees is better than that.

So I patched my 2nd copy of LFS to Z15 and now I'm having massive issues with the steering. The live copy works fine, but the Z15 one turns to full lock within about a 5 degree movement on my wheel. They both seem to have the same in-game settings.

To rule out my own stupidity, can someone please tell me EVERY file that relates to the setting up of my devices? I copied across the two .cfg files to the root dir but that didn't seem to help. Are there any others? Because although I need a new wheel, it'd suck to be totally unable to do anything when the patch goes live.
@ DAJMIN
there's some .con (Controller?) files for configuration settings of controllers in [LFS]/data/misc folder.

I think you can delete them, BUT just move them from the folder to somewhere else in case you need to get 'em back.
Sweet, I'll try that. Cheers. I'll just copy the working one across. If anyone knows any others, let me know.
If that fails, the only other thing will be to just delete the 2nd install, copy the working folder across and then repatch, but that'll use another unlock

Liking the new shadows though. Not quite perfect, but definitely gives a feel of the cars actually being present on the road in shaded areas. Shame I'm so out of practice they don't stay on the road for long

[Edit:
Okay, copying the .con file across didn't work, so I deleted, copied and repatched and it's now working fine again. No idea what messed it up, but it's all good now]
Quote from Dajmin :Sweet, I'll try that. Cheers. I'll just copy the working one across. If anyone knows any others, let me know.
If that fails, the only other thing will be to just delete the 2nd install, copy the working folder across and then repatch, but that'll use another unlock

Liking the new shadows though. Not quite perfect, but definitely gives a feel of the cars actually being present on the road in shaded areas. Shame I'm so out of practice they don't stay on the road for long

[Edit:
Okay, copying the .con file across didn't work, so I deleted, copied and repatched and it's now working fine again. No idea what messed it up, but it's all good now]

Have you tried moving the wheel lock-to-lock a couple of times whilst on the track?
Slightly O/T, but upgrading from z or z13 to z15 should not require you to unlock LFS again, well, it hasn't with me anyway.
My old test patch folder was still at the pre-Z stage
It's possibly related to having more than one controller plugged in, since I managed to duplicate it. When it was working, plugging the 360 pad in seemed to cause the same thing to happen again on the working copy. Bizarrely, reinstalling the wheel drivers fixed it and restored my FFB. That's taking some getting used to after several months off.
I`ve noticed that in UFR viewing from tv cam from bigger distance, there is a roll cage visible through the body work.

Don`t know if that`s a new patch problem, or problem in general, bud doesn`t really afect the driving. Just something you`d maybe want to know.
Attached images
lfs_ufr.jpg
Try to increase your Z-buffer depth in graphics options.
#188 - Aid
tatko smolko is it with OPTIONS->GRAPHICS-> Z-buffer depth 24/32bits?
Quote from Flame CZE :Try to increase your Z-buffer depth in graphics options.

Did that, worked. thanx
By the way, if anyone was interested, I found 2 more minor changes from Z to Z15:

- replay control scrolling bar is now yellow when moving it
- you can restart a training lesson by pressing SHIFT+R

Quote from Flame CZE :By the way, if anyone was interested, I found 2 more minor changes from Z to Z15:

- replay control scrolling bar is now yellow when moving it
- you can restart a training lesson by pressing SHIFT+R

that is matter of couple of minutes
Quote from baltuxx :i geting this http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/3853/lfs00000069.png

EDIT by Scawen : Removed IMG tags. Please do not use IMG tags on such large images

I thik this hapens because you are using modified dds files and posibly some of them names are changed and lfs mixes the textures, try on fresh LFS instalation
Quote from oldnavy :I thik this hapens because you are using modified dds files and posibly some of them names are changed and lfs mixes the textures, try on fresh LFS instalation

no... overheating is the problem or out of memory
Hmm.. i don't use any mods and my pc temperatures are normal
Does it always look like that, from the moment you installed X15?

It looks like corrupted digital data.
No ihave instaled z15 run 1 lap and hapens it, but just 1 time, mayby gpu overheated
live for speed in the game can not send private messages to a player? I think we should have
Quote from Budoki :live for speed in the game can not send private messages to a player? I think we should have

1) This is not the right section for improvement suggestions.
2) this improvement was already mentioned couple of times.

Quote from baltuxx :i geting this http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/3853/lfs00000069.png

EDIT by Scawen : Removed IMG tags. Please do not use IMG tags on such large images

I too rarely see this kind of texture corruption on my LFS in Windows XP.

I think it is the dreaded nv4_disp.dll error. It never happened to me when using my 6600gt (although it was artifacting in some other games due to some weird heat/ram/heatsink problem), but when i changed to a 9800gt i started to get the nv4_disp.dll blue screens/freezes in some games including LFS (strangely when in other games i generally got blue screens in LFS it freezes).

The only fix i found to this was running Windows 7 RC.
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z15 (online compatible)
(287 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG