The online racing simulator
Somehow I can't unlock LFS.
It says: Unknown Version.
Unlocking with standard Z and then uprgading works.
Quote from Stefani24 :Somehow I can't unlock LFS.

thats a patch classic... for some reason scawen always forgets that
Quote from three_jump :thats a patch classic... for some reason scawen always forgets that

He didn't forgot in Z5 (AFAIK)

Z15 got tweaked :hide:
hi scawen,

dont know if you already fixed the thing with the framerate drop...
i found out something: i played a bit with my energy option in windows...
if i set harddrive shutdown to 20 minutes, i get this framerate drop every 20 minutes.... the same with 15 minutes and so on...
when i disable all energy options i have no problem

i am using XP x86 (problems) and vista x64 (no problems) and still using Z13

maybe you can reproduce it now (hope its not my machine)
^ Ohh nice, that could be it. However, in that case the question arises why Windows doesn't regard the constant HD activity as reason enough to not shut down the HD?
The above with HDD seems to have same pattern when CnQ thing that LFS is not enought stressing CPU and still keep it on my system at lowest power stage. All cores running at 800Mhz.
I guess this is however WinXP issue rather then LFS
Quote from Stefani24 :Somehow I can't unlock LFS.

Sorry, fixed that now.
just had some crazy lag at race start, but it wasn't that kind where directX is F**ed up afterwards. I manged to spectate, and everything was normal again

i already have Z15 installed

edit: it just crashed when I alt-tabbed back to LFS, made pic short before it
Attached images
bricks.jpg
Attached files
crazy lag at start grid.mpr - 269.4 KB - 571 views
Looks kinda funny but ive got an "bug" to:

If i started lfs once and startet to search for serverlist my background was black and explorer.exe got a error and needed to be end.

Sry that i dont got a picture or something else
but im trying to reproduce the "bug"
Quote from ACCAkut :just had some crazy lag at race start, but it wasn't that kind where directX is F**ed up afterwards. I manged to spectate, and everything was normal again

i already have Z15 installed

edit: it just crashed when I alt-tabbed back to LFS, made pic short before it

I've had this before even with Z version, it is probably that your videocard is faulty or your power supply is not powerful enough, which was what happened to me.
-
(danthebangerboy) DELETED by danthebangerboy : Problem no longer occurs, so trashing my own post.
tested it on ubuntu 9.4 and wine 1.0.1 and see the pics with the test shadows it has minor bugs

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/774/screenshot1cno.png
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/4462/screenshot2tie.png

there are two strange lines

also the tire texture seems missing i think

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/1597/screenshotuih.png

there is one program called Cedega for linux that supports lfs with no bugs (i think)
but i need to pay to get it
http://www.cedega.com/gamesdb/games/view.html?game_id=3179
System is Ubuntu 9.04 with nvidia 180.44 drivers and 8800GT. I got bored/helpful and made a matrix of tests.. might help!

Overall the test shadows only help a little but the annoying part is still there, thanks to Wine. I'd go back to the fastest shadow system and say to just use the latest version of Wine, or whatever version they fixed it in..
Attached images
tests.jpg
Quote from Stuff :System is Ubuntu 9.04 with nvidia 180.44 drivers and 8800GT. I got bored/helpful and made a matrix of tests.. might help!

Overall the test shadows only help a little but the annoying part is still there, thanks to Wine. I'd go back to the fastest shadow system and say to just use the latest version of Wine, or whatever version they fixed it in..

Thank you for that. It's interesting that you managed to solve the problem by getting Wine 1.1.25.

But the only problem is, the other two people using 1.1.25 still have problems :

- Vagner ( http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1209268#post1209268 ) reports that the shadows do not work in STANDARD mode, but are fine in TEST mode.
[ using : openSUSE 11.1 ]

- lvlo ( http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1209480#post1209480 ) reports thet the shadows still have issues in BOTH modes.
[ using : Ubuntu 9.04 i386 / Nvidia FX5200 (driver version 173.14.16) ]

So why is it that they still have problems? Could anyone else with the Wine shadows problem try updating to Wine 1.1.25 to see if it helps?
Scawen, screenshots I posted were captured with WINE 1.1.25 aswell, and mine driver version is 185.18.14 (9800GT)

Maybe it's due to 64-bit linux, wine and drivers?
Quote from RenvoN :I've had this before even with Z version, it is probably that your videocard is faulty or your power supply is not powerful enough, which was what happened to me.

nah, its not the power supply, nor the graka. Thing is when Lfs "does that" it sometimes crashes back to desktop. When I then try to restart it I get some kind of error message that "dx8.dll(or similar)" is corrupted. Rebooting fixes it. But I posted that complete message in on of the Testpatch threads some time back

edit: I'm on Windows XP, so my problem is not Wine related
it make not be relerent but was kernel versions are you guys using?
#43 - lvlo
Quote from Scawen :So why is it that they still have problems? Could anyone else with the Wine shadows problem try updating to Wine 1.1.25 to see if it helps?

I think that the main factor is video card and version of nVidia driver (dunno about ATI - it always was a pain in ass with Linux). I've tested Z15 with Wine 1.0.23 too and got exactly same result.
Quote from Scawen :
FIX : Rim / tyre polygon alignment was wrong (left wheels FXO / UF1)

Is that what is suposed to be fixed? This is a LX6, AA and AF filters do not afect
Attached images
tyre bug.jpg
I think you answered your own question with that quoted part of scawens post, FXO / UF1
Okay, I found a bug

It seems whenever I do /cars, it auto-selects the XFG

E.g. /cars FXR selects FXR and XFG, /cars FXR+TBO selects the FXR, TBO and XFG.
Maybe he thinks the other cars were ok
Quote from Whiskey :Is that what is suposed to be fixed? This is a LX6, AA and AF filters do not afect

If you look at the the left wheels of the cars I mentioned in Z13, you would see a much worse problem, triangular holes all around the wheel due to the wheel and tyre being out by a few degrees. The picture you are showing there, just pixels along where the two edges meet, is not very easy to fix. The wheels (solid shiny objects) are drawn using a different method from the tyres (flexible objects) so the vertices at the ends of the edges end up fractionally different and you get those pixels along the edge. You might think I could fix it by creating a 1mm overlap or something like that, but then we would get a z buffer issue. The only real solution would be to build a full rim edge out of polygons but that would cost frame rate. And frame rate while driving is more important to me than those stray pixels. So at the moment I don't really mind about those.

Quote from DieKolkrabe :Okay, I found a bug

It seems whenever I do /cars, it auto-selects the XFG

E.g. /cars FXR selects FXR and XFG, /cars FXR+TBO selects the FXR, TBO and XFG.

I can't reproduce that (just running a local host) the /cars command seems to have the right effect on the host options and car selection screens.
I'll get screenies in a bit

Try it, launch LFS, go to SP, garage, cars, pick a car name/type with /cars, e.g. /cars FXO, it'll auto-select FXO and XFG
No, I've just tried in Single Player now and I don't get the bug there either. I can't think why that would happen on your LFS and not mine.
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z15 (online compatible)
(287 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG