The online racing simulator
Test Patch Z15 (online compatible)
(287 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Costas Athan :Yeah, but if the hotlaps get deleted when the new patch is released, wouldn't be a physics mismatch between Z15 and the new patch?

Now Z15's hotlaps can't be accepted for that reason. Because patch Z doesn't have ABS.

We will have to upload only from the new patch.
If your question is, if you can to upload the hotlaps made in Z15 after the new patch be released, 99% i'm sure NO. Because will change physics
Deleting hotlaps in previous patches has been done before,and i am sure they will be deleted again because of tire physics change as mentioned before.

But....the good part is that it will be a hotlap feast and noobs like some of us can get a lot of wr´s and have a brief period of glory until arrechee´s and those arrowcart´s go at it again illepall
With "them" he means Z15 hotlaps, so it's hard they could be "official"
Are people really that retarded..
TEST patches are made because people are supposed to TEST it. That was hard to understand, wasn't it?
Just drive using 0.5 if you want break records.
Just go to the improvement section if you want to complain about other problems in LFS. This section is for reporting problems regarding the TEST patch. I think you can report the ABS section there aswell, instead of here.

Sorry, i sound like a mod. It just annoys me. I should stop now.
Quote from Stiggie :Are people really that retarded..
TEST patches are made because people are supposed to TEST it. That was hard to understand, wasn't it?
Just drive using 0.5 if you want break records.
Just go to the improvement section if you want to complain about other problems in LFS. This section is for reporting problems regarding the TEST patch. I think you can report the ABS section there aswell, instead of here.

Sorry, i sound like a mod. It just annoys me. I should stop now.

Before you post a message in that tone you can read more carefully...

Quote from Scawen :

ABS brakes have been added to 5 cars (as a setup option) so for now you cannot upload hotlaps made in Z15.

I have bolded the phrase that made me ask the question. Scawen says for now. For now implies that in future Z15 hotlaps will be uploadable. I just wondered if for now is not OK because of ABS, how can it be OK in the furture with a new patch and physics?

I just tried to clarify if he really meant what he has written. Because of the part I quoted (and especially the bold phrase) I believe my question was legitimate.
Posts like yours are the reason the devs post so rarely nowadays. Instead of applying common sense you pick these posts apart, analysing what the exact wording could or does imply, drawing false conclusions or even promises from it.

Yeah he said that. At that point in time it wasn't clear if they might be uploadable at some point. Or maybe it was just a figure of speech and didn't think twice about it. Turns out Z15 hotlaps won't be uploadable, considering the new physics coming out and all.

If I was a developer that had to put up with this bullshit over-analysing, I'd also rather stop posting altogether than risk saying something that could be interpreted wrong or could possibly not be 100% correct. FFS.
Quote from AndroidXP :Posts like yours are the reason the devs post so rarely nowadays. Instead of applying common sense you pick these posts apart, analysing what the exact wording could or does imply, drawing false conclusions or even promises from it.

Yeah he said that. At that point in time it wasn't clear if they might be uploadable at some point. Or maybe it was just a figure of speech and didn't think twice about it. Turns out Z15 hotlaps won't be uploadable, considering the new physics coming out and all.

If I was a developer that had to put up with this bullshit over-analysing, I'd also rather stop posting altogether than risk saying something that could be interpreted wrong or could possibly not be 100% correct. FFS.

The contradiction I described in post #257 caught my eye and I tried to figure out what could be different in next patch that could do Z15 hotlaps compatible with it. Is it that bad?
Quote from Costas Athan :The contradiction I described in post #257 caught my eye and I tried to figure out what could be different in next patch that could do Z15 hotlaps compatible with it. Is it that bad?

Z15 is a test patch and as far as I know you were never able to upload any hotlaps at any point if they were made with a test patch.
when next test patch is going out?
Quote from mxpxun :first link aint working

There was an image, containing text "It's done when it's done." As far as my memery recalls it right.
I bet tomorrow there will be another test patch because 70% of the patches come at weekends, am i rigth?

Patch Q = Sunday
Patch T = Friday
Patch U = Saturday
Testpatch U35 = Wensday
Patch V = Friday
Testpatch V2 = Wensday
Testpatch V3 = Friday
Testpatch V5 = Friday
Testpatch V6 = Wenday
Patch W = Saturday
Testpatch W9 = Friday
Testpatch W10 = Wensday
Testpatch W17 = Wensday
Testpatch W20 = Wensday
Testpatch W21 = Wensday
Testpatch W25 = Sunday
Testpatch W26 = Sunday
Testpatch W32 = Friday
Testpatch W35 = Thursday
Testpatch W41 = Thursday
Testpatch W43 = Thursday
Testpatch W48 = Thursday
Pathc X = Friday
Testpatch X2 = Friday
Testpatch X3 = Friday
Testpatch X4 = Saturday
Testpatch X5 = Wensday
Testpatch X6 = Thursday
Testpatch X7 = Friday
Testpatch X8 = Saturday
Testpatch X30 = Monday
Testpatch X38/39 = Thursday
Patch Y = Friday
Testpatch Y8 = Friday
Testpatch Y9 = Saturday
Testpatch Y10 = Thirsday
Testpatch Y11 = Friday
Testpatch Y12 = Friday
Testpatch Y13 = Friday
Testpatch Y14 = Thursday
Testpatch Y15 = Saturday
Testpatch Y16 = Thursday
Testpatch Y18 = Wendsay
Testpatch Y19 = Friday
Testpatch Y22 = Saturday
Testpatch Y24 = Friday
Testpatch Y30 = Friday
Testpatch Y31 = Monday
Testpatch Y32 = Thursday
Patch Z = Wensday
Testpatch Z3 = Saturday
Testpatch Z4 = Same day as Z3
Testpatch Z5 = Sunday
Testpatch Z6 = Wensday
Testpatch Z8 = Thursday
Testpatch Z9 = Sunday
Testpatch Z10 = Monday
Testpatch Z13 = Friday
Testpatch Z15 = Friday

Wow, that was 1 hour of my life wasted
Quote from aroX123 :I bet tomorrow there will be another test patch because 70% of the patches come at friday, am i rigth?

70 % of the official patches, not the test patches, right?
You really need a day(month)-off from LFS
We all want it as soon as possible, but you seem like your life depends on game
Get a bicycle and go out, learn new things on the internet, go read book, get drunk if you're over 18(21), just don't get so much addicted on LFS!
I've noticed multiple times that when you try to take over a car after a pit stop. It doesn't change drivers. We both have pressed the T next to each others names in the connection list but all that happens is that the current driver his T goes from green to yellow(ish).
the person leaving the car, has to press the T when the pit stop is finished, before the car move an inch
Quote from JasonL220 :the person leaving the car, has to press the T when the pit stop is finished, before the car move an inch

Also, the person taking over should wait until the car is in the last sector of the lap before pressing T. If you press it too early, it times out.
@Jason, know that and have done that
@Bean0, it also happend when i just exited the pits and made a pitstop
As an experiement can you do a quick Z16 build - make it identical to Z15 apart from the number and I reckon these freaks will still find things they think are different from Z15. Also it might get things back on topic again.
Last news from shadow testing with Wine

Since I've got new PC, things feels much better now. Standard and testing shadows looks the same, but there is some "additional" shadow. See screenshot for details.

Wine: 1.1.29
Video: nVidia 9800GT with 185.18.36 driver version
Attached images
Screenshot.png
Congrats, you found the static/ambient shadow. Though it does seem a bit misplaced on that screenshot
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z15 (online compatible)
(287 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG