The online racing simulator
Quote from Whiskey :Is that what is suposed to be fixed? This is a LX6, AA and AF filters do not afect

I add zoom (10º FOV) and I have 3 monitors (3840x1024) I can see more detail, and I don't see any transparent pixel like in your pic.

I see in your pic that you have change the tyres textures, so try with a fresh copy.
Found a pretty annoyng bug on skidpad, was just playng around. Made a little replay for this, just a short one to see because i dont know how to describe this. It gets stuck.
Attached files
wtfisthat.spr - 29.4 KB - 471 views
Quote from hazaky :Found a pretty annoyng bug on skidpad, was just playng around. Made a little replay for this, just a short one to see because i dont know how to describe this. It gets stuck.

Well, one thing is for sure, all lfs track's should get a bit of update.
Quote from hazaky :Found a pretty annoyng bug on skidpad, was just playng around. Made a little replay for this, just a short one to see because i dont know how to describe this. It gets stuck.

Don't drive of the skidpad, and you won't stuck. Simple, Sharlock.
ya spelled sherlock wrong smarty
E8400/4G/GTX260+/XP32-SP3. Res is 1920x1200, FSAA ranging from none to 16xQ (via the driver), AF from none to x16, both high and low res shadows, FPS changes from ~58 to ~75 over these different settings with max AI cars, paused, external view from the front backwards that enables seeing most of the grid (Fern Bay Green).

It's a bit hard to see the exact FPS since it changes so fast, but I'd say about 5% slower with the test shadows.

Interesting FPS observation: When looking from the last car forward (either cockpit view or behind-view), FPS is almost double (70-90% increase) than when looking from the front backwards toward the grid... even though on both cases the LOD setting is such that I can see all cars...
is it possible to talk about the GTR/TBO balancing (Patch Z) in a new spinoff thread? i think there is a need for clarification before the next patch....
wanted to create one but dont have the permission
Quote from fireb0llch :Post it here... http://www.lfsforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8

you probely missed the last 2 times that we have the disustions.

These two were both at a spin off (theard)

And i do agree, i think there are some things that need to change in that,
anyhow i got the feeling that scawen and special victor know that the tbo needs to have a better balance, because of the TBO cup where victor drove a couple of times.

So i think we just need to ask what they are going to do about it

If they know it : the reason why it is not in a test patch yet that is because its not online compatible anymore if you do that
Quote from avih :
It's a bit hard to see the exact FPS since it changes so fast, but I'd say about 5% slower with the test shadows.

Interesting FPS observation: When looking from the last car forward (either cockpit view or behind-view), FPS is almost double (70-90% increase) than when looking from the front backwards toward the grid... even though on both cases the LOD setting is such that I can see all cars...

To see constant FPS number use FRAPS. Its more accurate in my view then LFS.

I have seen a lot of disprepencies of FPS in LFS which are puzzle to me and does not make a logic much unless there is something behind we dont know. For example looking at Start grid of AI in BL from TV view (LFS paused) the FPS are like 1/3 rd of when looking from first AI wheel view but the GPU usage is still the same and around 50 percent between both views. Not a much logic in this unfortunately.

Another example would be when LFS is paused and I am in the corner before the bridge at Westhill (offline game) the FPS goes higher when I turn virtual mirror on. Logically it should be opposite or its like that as the hardware must draw more information on screen. I found this odd behaviour in other places as well.

/the above is not based on the issue I meantioned in the other thread regarding differences of FPS between 2 OS systems and performance gain/loose between old and new hardware/

Other thing why LFS sometimes only stress some CPU&GPU only to 50 percent and the FPS are still low. I would be expecting the FPS drop due to the hardware not possible to cope with it not to be fully unused.

I am going to test the shadows performance gain/looses once I will be back at home.
Ubuntu Linux 9.04 32Bit
WIne 1.1.25

Core2Duo 6700
nV GF 8800 GTX
Drivers 185.18.14

Normal Shadows
Low res - 23 FPS
Hi res - 24 FPS

Test Shadows
Low res - 25,8 FPS
Hi res - 25,8 FPS

11 AI cars visible

P.S. Screen resolution: 1600 * 1200
Debian unstable amd64

23-25 fps with standard shadows, 25-28 fps with test shadows, LFS paused, 20 AI's + own car, TV view, windowed 1600x900.

Ubuntu 9.04 amd64

20-21 fps with both standard and test shadows, same scene, same resolution and graphics settings.

wine is 1.1.25 on both, and driver is nv185.18.14, specs from signature.

I can't understand why there is difference on debian and no difference at all in Ubuntu. Maybe it's due to different X.org or something...
CPU: Phenom II X3 720BE
Graphic: 4850 DDR5 512MB
Driver: 8.56.1.13
WIN 7 RC1 - practically same a the version which will be sold

1680*1050;4xAA + 16AF
USER LOD: 1.0
Screenshots always showing Standard shadows

- In the first screenshot from TV view the difference between test shadow and standard shadow was 1-2FPS max (less with test shadows)

- In the second picture from wheel view
Standard shadows: 110FPS
Test shadows:100 FPS (around 10 percent descreas in performance)

- In the 3rd pictureChase cam
Standard shadows: 150 FPS
Test shadows: 148

I tried also different tracks and positions and found that flucations is around 1-10 percent descrease with test shadows. However found some interesting pattern. In all views the difference between standard and test shadows is only 1 FPS hower from wheel view with mirror turned on its often 5-10FPS.

The GPU usuage was only all the time around 45 percent with fluctuation 2-3 percent up and down in all views except TV where the fluctuation is like 43-60 percent with sinusoidal shape.

I have theory, maybe stupid...
LFS might have too much pixels overdraw or not so good vertex cache performance.Maybe I am totally off.

Also heard somewhere when someone modified CAR models that its problem to use many polygons otherwise the performance decrease a lot. Sorry for mentioned about modding of LFS but wanted to report it.
Attached images
2009-07-17_232020.jpg
2009-07-17_232825.jpg
2009-07-18_000635.jpg
#139 - Aid
I think i found a bug (may be repost though - not sure) as you can see on attached pictures the wheels (disc brakes and spokes to be exact) are visible only from one side.. the far side wheels are missing disc brakes and spokes. I attached images from 0.5z (works fine here) and 0.5z15 (missing elements) but i also checked in z13 - missing too.
Attached images
lfs_00000201v0.5z.jpg
lfs_00000202v0.5z15.jpg
Thats not a bug, and was reported lot of times before
I seem to have an isseu with sound simetimes things the first fex secons me has nou sound ona new track.
When im on the starting grid?
I have big issues since patch Z13.
The screen freezes, anythign else (chatbox, car, menu) doesnt.
Today i tried minimizing and re-opening.
and it gave me "Warning: Shadow Error (1)"
this happens with normal AND test shadows.
also made a video of it, will be uploaded later.
i will try using .exes rom earlier patches and see if it still happens.

good evening
Niggo
Quote from Niggo :I have big issues since patch Z13.
The screen freezes, anythign else (chatbox, car, menu) doesnt.
Today i tried minimizing and re-opening.
and it gave me "Warning: Shadow Error (1)"
this happens with normal AND test shadows.
also made a video of it, will be uploaded later.
i will try using .exes rom earlier patches and see if it still happens.

good evening
Niggo

have you checked for problems with the graphics, like temperature, probably even dust on your graphics card (it caused me some problems a while ago)?
Okay il explain it once again when im in an online race and a new track gets selected I get the following problem.

When the track is loaded for the first 10 secs i have no sound?
Quote from SmegFirk :On the screenshots I have seen here they are looking good. In real life I think the edge of a shadow will be slightly less defined, depending on the object blocking the light.

In real life: the closer the surface is to the car the sharper the shadow it is. Diffuse light is bouncing back and forth causing shadows at a greater distance to fade.

Regarding the test patch:
Z15 works fine for me. Haven't come across any bugs. Windows XP Professional SP3. Great to finally be able to see the gears in MRT!
Still waiting for orange (ca. #FF5500) text colour

EDIT:
Not Z15 related, but you can't see the gears (especially 5 and 6 are hard to recognise) in some other cars aswell from the default driving position (UF1, FXR, FZR).
I doubt you have problem to recognise between 5 and 6 in the UF1
something weird has happened to me this morning
I tried to watch few of my old hotlaps, done in Z13 with Z15 and just when it starts my best lap in t1 it shows OOS (or whatever is the name) error
Quote from N I K I :something weird has happened to me this morning
I tried to watch few of my old hotlaps, done in Z13 with Z15 and just when it starts my best lap in t1 it shows OOS (or whatever is the name) error

I believe thats test patch version mismatch error.
Test patches should not be used for hotlapping.
Quote from N I K I :something weird has happened to me this morning

The test patch is online compatible only. So don't use it to make hotlaps.
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z15 (online compatible)
(287 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG