The online racing simulator
What really grinds my gears
(297 posts, started )
People with more money than sense.

People who buy race cars and show up at the track not knowing a spark plug from a driveshaft...(Happened Saturday night actually.)

Stupid questions

Many many more
Quote from G!NhO :Yeah its amazing isn't it, bunch of fools.

I wasn't driving though but it seriously is frustrating.

Oh yeah.. it isn't the person driving at least 50% faster than everybody else that's at fault at all is it??

There may be very high or no speed limits on certain roads but that don't mean its safe to just drive at any speed you like.

Simple really, if you drive so much faster than other road users, (irrespective of the legality of it), you are the moron not them.
Its clearly you never been to the autobahn, you are not a moron if you drive fast its the people that don't look good enough in their mirrors who are the idiots.

And it wasn't me driving...
He's right man. It's called the fast lane for a reason.
Quote from Falcon140 :He's right man. It's called the fast lane for a reason.

It's not called the fast lane so that people can drive so fast that others need to look in their wing mirrors for over 30 seconds in order to be able to see someone traveling at such speed coming up the ouside rather than looking ahead of them like they should be.

and oh yes I have been on the autobhan.. on several occasions .. and yes in a fast car on at least one occasion..

My point still stands. You are an idiot if you drive so much faster than everyone else around you on the road. Sure if there is a clear bit of motorway drive as fast as you like but if you approach people who are in the middle lane, (especially if there are other cars ahead of them), you should slow down to a speed where they would at least have a chance to see you in their mirrors if they wanted to change lane. It's called common sense. If you think it's safe or in anyway ok to fly past people at 50mph + on any road then you seriously should not be driving.

You america, You!
lol

What really grinds my gears, english people that think they know it all.
Quote from Falcon140 :He's right man. It's called the fast lane for a reason.

Except it's not the "fast lane", it's the overtaking lane.
Quote from G!NhO :lol

What really grinds my gears, english people that think they know it all.

Because we do.

One thing that grinds my gears is when you give someone an opinion differing to theirs, and they immediately launch into "Omg you think you know it all", if you can't accept that other people may think differently to you, go hide in a corner where no one can upset you.
Yup.
-
(speedway) DELETED by speedway
Quote from speedway :its amazing how most people around here go straight to blaming the guy who pulled out instead of criticising the idiot shooting over a hill and through a bend at full speed, i highly doubt he would have seen the end of a traffic jam

also you would have to be a complete moron to not PREDICT cars pulling out when they approach a much slower lorry, but maybe thats something the guy could have seen if he wasnt rushing blindly through the corner and over the hill

so right there are two things that grind my gears:

-people who mistake the autobahn for their very own race track
-people who are totally unaware of the potential danger of tons of steel travelling at any kind of speed

Yeah true. Gin ho is just one of them idiotic 'racers'. I would even pull out the lane on purpose to slow down them idiots. + if the racing moron hits your back, its his fault, because you drive at/over the limit, and he hits you.
Quote from Bose321 :Yeah true. Gin ho is just one of them idiotic 'racers'. I would even pull out the lane on purpose to slow down them idiots. + if the racing moron hits your back, its his fault, because you drive at/over the limit, and he hits you.

I tell you again I DID NOT DRIVE, in germany there is NO speedlimit (where we were driving) so its the fault of the moron pulling up infront of you (without checking his mirrors) with an incredibly slow speed, so it's his fault for not looking if it's safe to overtake.

Bose, don't talk about something you don't know anything about.
Quote from G!NhO :I tell you again I DID NOT DRIVE, in germany there is NO speedlimit (where we were driving) so its the fault of the moron pulling up infront of you (without checking his mirrors) with an incredibly slow speed, so it's his fault for not looking if it's safe to overtake.

no speedlimit doesnt mean you must go full throttle everywhere
also in germany in 99% of the cases the driver in the rear car is held responsible for a rear end collision

and speedway is absolutely right anyone with a tiny bit of common sense and experience on the autobahn will know better than to drive with more than ~50-60kmh speed difference between adjacent lanes
Quote from danthebangerboy :Don't you mean you would grind her..... Never mind.

To be honest I wouldnt. She is a total slutty bitch..... And I really fail to see whats so sexy in her...... I just hate her how she is all over the TV and the newspapers...... Enough of her already.....
Quote from G!NhO :I tell you again I DID NOT DRIVE, in germany there is NO speedlimit (where we were driving) so its the fault of the moron pulling up infront of you (without checking his mirrors) with an incredibly slow speed, so it's his fault for not looking if it's safe to overtake.

If by "incredibly slow speed", your talking about the 307 - I'd disagree. Assuming he's doing 70 (when you travel fast the other cars appear to go deceptively slow), he covers 31M every second, which isn't exactly slow.

I usually drive at 60 on the way to work on a dual carriageway (A14) to save fuel. If I drive at 70, or even 80 - after a mile or so it feels like 60 again, it just feels like everyone is going slower. I was in a hurry and just followed an Audi and it felt like I was doing 75 - I was actually doing 95 and just assumed the other cars were being slow.

You can't drive very very fast on a 2 lane carriageway irrespective of the speed limit - even my short spell at just shy of 109 taught me this - I was closing in on most traffic with almost a 55 MPH speed differential and thats the reason why I have never done something so stupid since. That Porsche is WELL in excess of 110 - if a car was that far away when I checked my mirrors I may well of gone in for an overtake as it's hard to gauge the speed of a car far away and it's hard to expect some cock in a Porsche to be doing probably double your speed (if not more by the looks of things) - he just closes in so fast/
They were doing 130-140 kph, and they could clearly see us comming there were no bends infront of it so they could clearly see us but still they pull up infront of you.

And i am not here to argue about whats safe or not, speeing isnt safe i know.
But i just grinds my gears that people don't watch their mirrors good enough.
I have no idea about your situation - I was talking about the video.
Situation was, driving 237kph on a straight piece of road, the guy pull up on the lane just in front of us and sees it at the very last moment and goes back, 5 second later a Lexus comes up 200+kph same happens again, well idk but the guy just wasn't paying attention good enough if it happens twice in 10 seconds.
Must have been a demo racer. (sorry, couldn't resist!)

Bose, don't talk about something you don't know anything about.

Let me ask you this. How do you KNOW he didn't check his mirrors??

Simple answer is you DONT. You are ASSUMING he didn't because he got in your way. It is very clear from all your statements that you have VERY LITTLE driving experience.

And with regard to your "know it all" comment. Well I quite clearly know a hell of a lot more about road safety than you do. But then you are a child, so your idiotic and immature comprehension of the scenario in that video shouldn't surprise me in the least.

I'll state it again, it is IRRELEVANT what the speed limit is on a road. The fact that there was no speed limit on that section of road does NOT make your friend in the right to just drive at any speed he wants.

Safe to overtake? you actually have the gaul to make that accusation of the other driver?? How about it not being safe for your friend to overtake at 50mph more than every other road user?

If you want to get in to purile arguments about "rights" then there is no LOWER speed limit on motorways, so you can just as stupidly argue that somone has the right to drive at 30mph on a motorway. There are no defined speeds on any of the lanes so by extension, you can argue they have every RIGHT to be driving in the outside lane at 30mph too.

The simple FACT is, your freind was driving with NO CARE AT ALL for what other road users were doing on the road and and nearly paid the price for his stupidity by getting involved in a (probably fatal) collision.

You are wrong. End of discussion.
If it happens twice in 10 seconds then the guy surely wasn't paying attention...

People know cars are driving fats on the autobahn so they could pay a little more attention to make it safer for both.

You weren't even there so how can you tell me i am wrong. :rolleyes:
What grinds my gears? Dumb arguments on forums.

Just let it go, sheesh. You're both right. It's reckless to come up on other cars hauling ass, and it's also careless to pull out in front of a car doing such.
What really grinds my gears, people driving fast (little over 200kph which is completely reasonable instead of 300kph) on the autobahn, its so damn dangerous and its absolutely irresponseble!!!

What really grinds my gears
(297 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG