The online racing simulator
#26 - 5haz
Brawn built a car that could beat the best in far away, exotic climates, but it gets well and truly shafted by 'British' weather.
Quote from 5haz :Brawn built a car that could beat the best in far away, exotic climates, but it gets well and truly shafted by 'British' weather.

thanks to bernie the majority of races ae now in exotic climates so can't fault them for that.

what will be interesting is that the brawn was designed with Honda's money, now they have to develope it using their current finacial resources and given that they have laid off aprox 300 workers and still have no major sponsorship, will they be able to keep up in the development race ?

also why is it they are still running with so little sponsorship? virgin have got a cut price deal yet there appears to have been no real success in finding other sponsors for what will probably be a title winning car. are brawn enjoying this "run on a shoestring" image and afraid to loose it ( did a quick pole in work and most casual fans seem to be under impression the car was designed with no money rather than Honda's ) or is there something that puts sponsors off ?
Don't they still receive some fundeing from honda?
Im sure they still get funing from Honda till the end of the season.

As for the sponsership they can't do much this season but next season you will see a car filled with it im sure.
Quote from Intrepid :Don't they still receive some fundeing from honda?

seem to recall that autosport said that the total revenue from honda, tv money, prize money etc but without sponsorship was circa £40 million like the proposed budget cap but that figure had to cover everything including drivers wages though i suspect that merc are giving them a very good deal on engines / drivetrains so it's probably about the same total cost.

what i find interesting is not so much if they need money or not but the fact that no one seems to have approached them for the rest of this season, you'd think that even for the remaining races it would be worthwhile to pay over the odds as it's pretty much guarenteed publicity, so i assume it's brawns choice.

virgin seem to have played it very clever, come in with a low cost but generated this image (with casual follower) of helping to save them, i noticed that they expect not to be able to afford to sponsor brawn next season.
Fail
Attached images
Alonso.JPG
lol
Quote from Intrepid :Don't they still receive some fundeing from honda?

a one-off 120million.
This may be Brawns downfall sadly, as the season gets on Redbulls much larger budget can let them have more updates quicker.

However its good for equalling up the season to Provide a thrilling finish to this year.
#35 - aoun
Is there any online live streaming for australia or viewers outside the UK?
Look up "justin.tv" on your favourite search engine. Follow the links to sports and auto racing.
Brawn have no need to worry about money for this year, which is why they have not bothered finding a title sponsor.

Next year, however, they will have to fund themselves. I expect they will have spent a lot of time this year sorting out an amazing deal for 2010.
-
(rc10racer) DELETED by rc10racer
I've got the day off work, which means the race will be very dull, just to spite me.
10-20% rain on Saturday
70-80% rain on Sunday

that's what the local TV stations published.

EDIT: By the way, there is rumous that it is the last Formula 1 race in the Eifel. My dad actually told me, that the Nuerburgring won't be venue for a Formula 1 race in future... Does anybody know more about it? I only knew that the 2010 German Grand Prix most likely won't be at the Hockenheimring...
#40 - MR_B
Guys,

Am I right in thinking that this diffuser is non-symmetrical?? Or is my eyes playing tricks on me during these early hours of the morning...

(pictures from the practice sessions this weekend)
There are non-symmetrical ones, it's because of the cooling, fuel tank and such stuff.
That brings up an interesting question I have been meaning to ask, how successful would an asymmetrical aero package be, and have there been any extreme examples of it in F1?
#43 - MR_B
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :That brings up an interesting question I have been meaning to ask, how successful would an asymmetrical aero package be, and have there been any extreme examples of it in F1?

Which also includes the old camera's they used to mount on the side of the engine cover/ nose cone in the mid 90's. Surely they upset the balance of the car?

i.e.

Saturday practice:

1 HAM
2 ALO
3 MAS
4 VET
5 WEB
6 RAI
7 TRU
8 ROS
9 NAK
10 HEI
11 BUT
12 GLO
13 SUT
14 BAR
15 FIS
16 PIQ
17 BUE
18 KUB
19 KOV
20 BOU

Oh well, lets hope for a rain in qualification.
Rain in Quali will just be playing into Hamilton's hands

He seems to have the best aero package as the car seems very planted to the track, this combined with his wet driving skills will leave it a no contest
Yay!

McLaren are finally getting somewhere

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG