The online racing simulator
Bourdais has entered 'Damon Hill mode'; lost all motivation and just waiting for it to end it seems to me.
Quote from mythdat :Quite interesting thing that the BBC put up showing the controlled mayhem that goes into producing the BBC coverage - the audio from the production team that Jake hears in his earpiece while he's on air

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/jak ... rpiece_of_the_action.html

thats alot of talking while trying to talk into the camera.. kudos to bbc for showing us this and boy now we get a insight what comes down those earpieces and i couldnt do that.. id end up mumbling n saying what im hearing down the earpiece lol
I hate the BBC. They always have something interesting, never available outside the UK -_-.
Quote from evilpimp :I hate the BBC. They always have something interesting, never available outside the UK -_-.

T'is the reward we get for paying our TV licenses and not wantng to break out of the British empire.
This is why the BBC is the best, they not only know how to put together the best TV coverage possible, but they are brave enough to open up the process to the public. Jake is definately a good presenter too, lots of people doubted him just because he did kids TV, but he is a professional and it really shows through in his blogs and especially in that video clip with the talkback.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :This is why the BBC is the best, they not only know how to put together the best TV coverage possible, but they are brave enough to open up the process to the public. Jake is definately a good presenter too, lots of people doubted him just because he did kids TV, but he is a professional and it really shows through in his blogs and especially in that video clip with the talkback.

The BBC are the 'best' coz they have a free bottomless pit of money that is achieved by threatening innocent old ladies with court action if they don't pay up!!!!! The BBC don't have to be brave when they are only answerable to themselves!

Admittedly the coverage is generally excellent and Jake has been a very good host. But the arrogance and money of the BBC is shown by the frankly embarrassing commentary teams they employ for the F1 and MotoGP, and the expensive 3D intro that happens to be complete PISH! Some YouTubers did a far superior job in fact! But hey ho who's money pays for it anyway... oh ours! lol
Not my money
Quote from 5haz :I think some of you may be getting 'arrogant' mixed up with 'outspoken' they aren't the same thing.

Arrogant: making claims or pretensions to superior importance or rights; overbearingly assuming; insolently proud.

Nope, I'd say BenjiMC was spot on. I particularly like how a ruthless opinion changes depending on the subject - e.g.

2009 on Kimi:
Quote from tristancliffe :Sutil had corner rights on entry, but Kimi drove all the way around and had the rights to his line on corner exit as he was ahead (slightly). Contact wasn't made, or even unavoidable, until well after Kimi's nose was ahead.

2008 on Lewis:
Quote from tristancliffe :Hamilton was alongside, and perhaps a nose ahead, but on the outside. Thus he has no rights to the racing line.

From here

Yup, on corner ENTRY. Kimi didn't have rights to the racing line with Sutil until much later in the corner (pretty much on the exit kerb). Lewis didn't get that far before cutting the track and gaining an advantage.
Quote from durbster :I particularly like how a ruthless opinion changes depending on the subject - e.g.

you could try reading properly
what he said was
1) in germany kimi had rights to _his_ line ie being on the outside
2) hamilton had no rights to the _racing_ line which would have involved cutting into kimis line at the apex
Quote from durbster :Arrogant: making claims or pretensions to superior importance or rights; overbearingly assuming; insolently proud.

You can still be outspoken without being arrogant, just people who cannot handle opinions other than their own will label you as arrogant.
Quote from Mustafur :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUJzA1diJPY&NR=1

/end

lewis was never ahead of kimi so he never had rights.

Actually that video was put together by somebody who had already made up their mind. From what I recall and from what is clearly seen by the state of the two cars, the corner (and thus the accident) has already begun. Lewis was ahead, around the outside, with sufficient overlap to take the corner. Kimi dived and ran him wide, Hamilton avoided an accident by cutting the course, returned the place to Kimi and repassed without going through another corner. To me it was just an accident, two great drivers going at it hammer and tongs, and the less FIA involvement in great racing the better.
Quote from Intrepid :The BBC are the 'best' coz they have a free bottomless pit of money that is achieved by threatening innocent old ladies with court action if they don't pay up!!!!! The BBC don't have to be brave when they are only answerable to themselves!

Admittedly the coverage is generally excellent and Jake has been a very good host. But the arrogance and money of the BBC is shown by the frankly embarrassing commentary teams they employ for the F1 and MotoGP, and the expensive 3D intro that happens to be complete PISH! Some YouTubers did a far superior job in fact! But hey ho who's money pays for it anyway... oh ours! lol

Spoken like someone with little or no experience of the TV of other countries??

Having seen what other coutries put out for TV broadcast in terms of content and professionalism I actually find it quite difficult to fault British TV. When you realise just how amatuerish the TV production output of even other "rich" nations is in comparison it almost makes British TV look like good value for money.

Having said that I have noticed that standards are slipping, (and I'm talking production values here not content), with such things as audio levels being way out of wack between programming and breaks (particularly advert breaks on ITV etc), more frequent misqueing issues and incorrect "labling" of who is on the screen during news broadcasts etc.

Generally speaking however I would much rather watch British TV just for its production quality alone. None (or very little) of the loud, brash and gareish presenting, advertising and programme production as seen in so many other nations TV output.
@Beck - spot on
@gezmoor - also spot on

One question, how does a thread about the German gp turn to Lewis and kimi at spa last year?
Quote from Mustafur :One question, how does a thread about the German gp turn to Lewis and kimi at spa last year?

Because we have to use the latest GP thread for general F1 discussion, or we get infractions.
Quote from gezmoor :Spoken like someone with little or no experience of the TV of other countries??

Having seen what other coutries put out for TV broadcast in terms of content and professionalism I actually find it quite difficult to fault British TV. When you realise just how amatuerish the TV production output of even other "rich" nations is in comparison it almost makes British TV look like good value for money.

Having said that I have noticed that standards are slipping, (and I'm talking production values here not content), with such things as audio levels being way out of wack between programming and breaks (particularly advert breaks on ITV etc), more frequent misqueing issues and incorrect "labling" of who is on the screen during news broadcasts etc.

Generally speaking however I would much rather watch British TV just for its production quality alone. None (or very little) of the loud, brash and gareish presenting, advertising and programme production as seen in so many other nations TV output.

The TV licence doesn't pay for ITV! The reason they have to raise the volume of adverts is because they simply can't compete with the BBC as they are publicly funded whereas ITV has to attract advertisers. You would do the same if your job was on the line!

The BBC doesn't have to compete for it's market share of viewers because they have the right to force little old ladies to pay up or threaten them with court action.... but all for a TINY bit of good TV and a whole lot of sh1t radio and lame arse comedy it has to be worth it!
Alan, listen to Stephen Fry's podgram on the BBC's funding. He puts it in perspective quite well, unlike you.
I have no problem with the BBC funding mechanism. I don't pay it, I dont have a telly. I do have iPlayer and a 7 foot cinema screen mind you but hey ho, their loss for having daft regulations and filling so many channels with so much shit I dont want to watch and then putting the good stuff on iPlayer

Quote :The TV licence doesn't pay for ITV! The reason they have to raise the volume of adverts is because they simply can't compete with the BBC as they are publicly funded whereas ITV has to attract advertisers. You would do the same if your job was on the line!

There is a maximum volume for a TV program, in films they use the maximum volume at moments of peak excitement and make the rest really quiet that when you watch late at night and try not to disturb your neighbours you cant. The adverts then go out at maximum volume for maximum impact, typically during a really quiet part of the film. The last I recall a few years ago the entire industry was still in complete denial that there was any difference in volume at all.
Quote from tristancliffe :Alan, listen to Stephen Fry's podgram on the BBC's funding. He puts it in perspective quite well, unlike you.

Steven Fry - the man who is paid by the BBC?

Provide a link and I'll listen!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG