The online racing simulator
See, you're judging before you even know the content. Let's just say he's not mindlessly pro-licence fees.

You can find it in iTunes, or via Stephen Fry's website. I'm sure a man of your abilities will be able to track it down easily. But I somehow doubt you'll bother, as you're so biased against the licence fee that you have no interest in hearing what other people have to say. Like me and go-karting being for children.

Edit: Added random bold text like Alan does, so that it's easier for him to read.
Quote from Intrepid :they have the right to force little old ladies to pay up or threaten them with court action.... but all for a TINY bit of good TV and a whole lot of sh1t radio and lame arse comedy it has to be worth it!

I don't get this, just because they happen to be old ladies dosen't make them exempt from having to pay what everyone else has to pay. Why do people get so ticked off when they have to pay what they owe anyway?

And that's your opinion, I think the BBC puts on some fine television (unless you happen to be unemployed and watching daytime TV, when you should be at work anyway! ).
Quote from Intermediate07 :@BreadC

hehe this was really funny^^ but here is the full uncensored version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQGl-q36sVk

at 0:05 you have to listen carefully when Patrick Head said: "Stop transmitting you stupid bastard!"

Click that link again. Now click "more info" on the right hand side. Read what it says. Yep, thats right, "(Please Note - This is a Gag/Prank/joke video".
Well I listened to the Stephen Fry podcast, or podgram as he calls them, and basically he's right. I dont want to lose Hussle or Torchwood. So keep paying those licence fees you TV owning grannies, so us webitizens can get new content for free
Quote from Becky Rose :Well I listened to the Stephen Fry podcast, or podgram as he calls them, and basically he's right. I dont want to lose Hussle or Torchwood. So keep paying those licence fees you TV owning grannies, so us webitizens can get new content for free

Well most of us webitizens pay our TV licenses too.
Quote from 5haz :Well most of us webitizens pay our TV licenses too.

Don't look at me I didn't make the system, I'm just exploiting it
obviosuly the uk is the only country in the entire world that has publicly funded tv channels
I think Japan do too, don't they?
Quote from 5haz :I think Japan do too, don't they?

Quite a few countries have one form of "public service broadcasting" or another, but the BBC is quite unique in the way it's funded. That's not to say it is the best by any meens, but there is no directly comparable company in any other countries. None-the-less, other countries do have meens of funding state television.
"Gebühreneinzugszentrale der öffentlich-rechtlichen Rundfunkanstalten in der Bundesrepublik Deutschlan"

You ****ing Germans really need to learn how to shorten your language. It's not very efficient.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :"Gebühreneinzugszentrale der öffentlich-rechtlichen Rundfunkanstalten in der Bundesrepublik Deutschlan"

You ****ing Germans really need to learn how to shorten your language. It's not very efficient.

Having two main languages in your country isn't very efficient either.
Quote from 5haz :Having two main languages in your country isn't very efficient either.

I agree, they should all just transfer to English. It'd be easy. Change some V's to W's... "das" to "the" and they'd be set.

French is worse, why the heck must my stapler have a gender?
Quote from 5haz :French is worse, why the heck must my stapler have a gender?

Pff French is a relatively simple language in gender context, try Polish where they have about a dozen different grammatical gender contexts. Most languages seem to from what I can tell, basically when it comes to French as far as I can tell from my experience "le" seems to represent those innanimate objects I might pleasure myself on and "la" are those things that are simply too impractical. Think dirty and it suddenly gets very easy. I think therefor a stapler must be a la.
Quote from 5haz :French is worse, why the heck must my stapler have a gender?

Well you know the crazy French....
Quote from dawesdust_12 :"Gebühreneinzugszentrale der öffentlich-rechtlichen Rundfunkanstalten in der Bundesrepublik Deutschlan"

Well, everyone calls them GEZ.

Short enough?
Quote from Becky Rose :I think therefor a stapler must be a la.

Correct. It is "Une Agrafeuse" (I believe, not certain).

Although if my memory serves me correctly "un couteau" would be really unpractical... perhaps even dangerous. So your method isn't always correct.
Quote from spiderbait90 :Correct. It is "Une Agrafeuse" (I believe, not certain).

Although if my memory serves me correctly "un couteau" would be really unpractical... perhaps even dangerous. So your method isn't always correct.

No no, you use the handle end it's quite safe. One doesn't need to use the length of the couteau only the contact area, simply a matter of technique. Metal handles are best.
Quote from Becky Rose :How is the money ditributed Shotglass? I thought it was given out to multiple channels no?

well yes but thats technicallities

replacing every ****ing second ****ing word with a ****ing particular 4 ****ing letter one this ****ing forum wont ****ing display for some ****ing reason is hardly what youd ****ing call efficient... ****ing
Quote from Becky Rose :Don't look at me I didn't make the system, I'm just exploiting it

Actually, you don't need a licence to watch anything but live "real time" broadcasts of BBC content over the internet, and the only place you'll find those are on the BBC website itself. All recorded content, such as iPlayer stuff, I think you'll find is completely free anyway.

At least that was the case last time I checked.

Also on Intrepids point. I have some sympathy with OAPs not having to pay the license fee, but as it stands the law is the law and so in that respect "little old ladies" should be treated just like anyone else. Though admittedly it's really not very good publicity for the likes of the BBC to persue such cases IMO.

That said my point still stands that British TV in general and the BBC in particular do have very high production standards in comparison with other TV outputs around the world. As I said originally, I'm not talking about the content. That will always be a subjective issue. Personally however, I think it's often a lot better than the "independants" alternatives.
Quote :well yes but thats technicallities

Well when I make the point that the BBC is quite unique in the way that it is funded, and you cite as an example a dissimilar system to counter my point, i'd say that's more than a technicality.

The point I was making is that the BBC is for all intents and purposes a public sector company, whereas the German system collects licence fees but as I understand it distribute the funds to various private sector companies for making public service broadcasts. It's a very different system. Lots of countries have mechanisms in place for state television services, but the BBC is quite unique in the way that it is structured because it is not a private sector company at all.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG