The online racing simulator
To be honest Kimi's attitude is far worse than Hamilton. If anyone should be out of F1 based on attitude it should be Kimi.
Quote from Intrepid :But back then they weren't were allowed as many engines and gearboxes as they wanted. With this in mind we could easily say McLaren were giving up on Hungary hoping for some luck in Germany.

We live in a different age now where you can't go wasting your engine/gearbox with a damaged car a lap down. Hamilton knew unless it rained heavily and brought out the safety car he would be wasting his gear. It's not different than caining the arse of a fresh new set of tyres and then finding the go off during the end of the stint.

Yeah well that rule is a load of bollocks, I say abolish it, I want to see drivers having to drive as fast as possible, faster than everyone else in order to win, thats the true definition of a traditional race. Sandbagging should not be an option in a > 3 hour race!

You don't hear of 100 metre sprinters slowing down to save some energy for 'next time' do ya? (Unless they happen to be called Usain Bolt)

Hamilton sandbagging will not prove him a good driver.
I didn't say large mistakes, I said stupid mistakes. Vettel makes a few mistakes when he is pushing hard, but I've not seen him make stupid mistakes. Stupid mistakes would be not seeing a red light, parking your car in the only gravel trap in the country, hitting the wrong button on your steering wheel or making arrogant outbursts over the radio to your team boss.

Before you bring up Vettel hitting Webber under safety car conditions, I want to make the point that Hamilton was making another stupid mistake which in part caused that accident, he was speeding up and slowing down suddenly, in conditions where drivers had almost zero visibility.
Fuji '07? The accident Vettel and Webber had when Hamilton was driving dangerously behind the safety car?

I've used one set of tyres for 4 races thank you very much! But aside from that, it's quite different. I could change the nose/wing, but in short club races we'd be lapped twice doing it (it's not as quick on an F3 car as it is on an F1 car!). I also can't afford more tyres than I've planned for, and on top of that safety of myself and my competitors comes first - we're only amateurs. So yes, I would pull in.

But McLaren don't have to worry about money, parts or even safety (mostly). The engines are fine, and the gearboxes aren't exactly falling to bits. I think I'd have tried my hardest to get myself into the points at all costs, even if it's just to give the crowd a show.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGezKXz6Vyk

Terrible ignorance he was racing with vomit in hes helmet with food poisoning and he was coming 2nd Of course he would want to lash out at someone for that considering how bad hes car was in 07(even though guess what, it was hamiltons fault for this one).

I Fail to see your point of critising this guy^

This is proof of determination.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :or hitting the wrong button on your steering wheel or making arrogant outbursts over the radio to your team boss.

with that one statement you show your complete ignorant and lack of knowledge about F1. Footage released after the race clearly shows Hamilton didn't not hit thw wrong button the steering wheel.

And lets talk about arrogant outbursts.

Rubens at the weekend! What the hell was that?

Button's move to Williams and turning his back on BAR! Remember the "I am a Williams driver" talk!

You all gang up on Hamilton very specifically while ignoring every other drivers faults! Interesting!
Quote from tristancliffe :Fuji '07? The accident Vettel and Webber had when Hamilton was driving dangerously behind the safety car?

I was talking about Webber's attitude towards Vettel, not who caused it

Quote :I've used one set of tyres for 4 races thank you very much! But aside from that, it's quite different. I could change the nose/wing, but in short club races we'd be lapped twice doing it (it's not as quick on an F3 car as it is on an F1 car!). I also can't afford more tyres than I've planned for, and on top of that safety of myself and my competitors comes first - we're only amateurs. So yes, I would pull in.

So you would give up!

Quote :But McLaren don't have to worry about money, parts or even safety (mostly). The engines are fine, and the gearboxes aren't exactly falling to bits. I think I'd have tried my hardest to get myself into the points at all costs, even if it's just to give the crowd a show.

Hamilton is smart he knew full well he wasn't on for points bar some miracle weather. He is definitely looking good for Hungary however! Saving your gear for another day is smart thinking in my book.

Hamilton's decision, or non-decision as it were, is a product of the dumb arse regs not someone who would 'give up'.
Quote from Scott Mckenzie :To be honest Kimi's attitude is far worse than Hamilton. If anyone should be out of F1 based on attitude it should be Kimi.

and look how badly hes changed, he used to be one of the best talents on the grid but now he is Rubbish and can barely pull a couple of performances consistently.
We don't ignore them at all. We've all laughed at Rubens (see previous posts) this weekend. We've all laughed at Button's contract antics. We've all laughed when Alonso threw his toys out of the pram. We all giggled when Massa spun a lot at Silverstone, or when Kimi does something silly.

Hamilton only gets mocked because he utterly deserves it

P.S. I'm not so sure about the steering wheel incident. I think he did press a button accidentally.
Quote from Intrepid :with that one statement you show your complete ignorant and lack of knowledge about F1. Footage released after the race clearly shows Hamilton didn't not hit thw wrong button the steering wheel.

And lets talk about arrogant outbursts.

Rubens at the weekend! What the hell was that?

Button's move to Williams and turning his back on BAR! Remember the "I am a Williams driver" talk!

You all gang up on Hamilton very specifically while ignoring every other drivers faults! Interesting!

You fail to realise when your an F1 driver you only know about your own race, Rubens did go overboard but i can see wheres hes coming from if he didn't know the pace of the Redbulls.
Quote from Intrepid :I was talking about Webber's attitude towards Vettel, not who caused it

Wouldn't you be annoyed?
Quote from Intrepid :So you would give up!

If, in the future, you manage to get out of go-karts, would you stop to save an accident at the amateur, impoverished driver? I think most people would, because we can't afford to fix it. If I had an F1 budget then I don't think I would give up. It's comparing apples to oranges, and bears no resemblance to Hamilton's complete lack of effort on Sunday (apart from the first 5 seconds, which was mostly assisted by KERS anyway).
Quote from Intrepid : Hamilton is smart he knew full well he wasn't on for points bar some miracle weather. He is definitely looking good for Hungary however! Saving your gear for another day is smart thinking in my book.

Yet he stayed out. Just tootling round looking silly. Not saving his engine much or his gearbox. He didn't have the balls to come in, and just did as he was told - just like he never says anything that isn't scripted by PR men, and just like he hasn't done anything except when he's had the best car (applies to most of his career).
Quote from Intrepid :Hamilton's decision, or non-decision as it were, is a product of the dumb arse regs not someone who would 'give up'.

So you don't like the cost saving rules? It was certainly a non-decision -

LH "I want to give up"
McL "No Lewis, stay out in case of rain"
LH "Okay, but I'm only going to go slowly"
McL"No Lewis, you might as well try"
LH "But I can't be bothered. It's too hard"
McL "Mika or Schumi wouldn't give up"
LH "But I'm bored. I want the best car again so I look good"
McL "Negative Lewis. You need to have a shit car to learn some humilty"
LH "But I don't like it. I'll quit F1"
McL "Just stay out Lewis. And quit driving like a girl"
<static hiss>
Quote from Intrepid :You all gang up on Hamilton very specifically while ignoring every other drivers faults! Interesting!

Just about every sports person has an ego the size of an elephant, you could go on pointing out all the other modern F1 drivers who have had 'arrogant outbursts', but you'd soon run out of drivers.

The days of the gentleman driver are long gone, drivers are too well paid and wrapped in cotton wool.
Quote from tristancliffe :Watch his little finger on his left hand (not the gear paddle fingers) when he gets to the braking zone. He definitely does something. It's the sort of stupid-arse thing he'd do!

How can a car fail for 15 sconds or w/e and then he presses something and it comes back perfectly with no damage done, he must of pressed something.
It was Webber that flatted Hamilton's tire. look at the restart again.
Quote from aroX123 :It was Webber that flatted Hamilton's tire. look at the restart again.

Webber and the rest of the grid can do no wrong. Don't you know this by now!!?!?!?!?
Quote from aroX123 :It was Webber that flatted Hamilton's tire. look at the restart again.

Lol you really are lost. :P They're talking about another incident that happened another year, not the T1 incident.

Hamilton tried to move from the outside of the track to the middle of the track on the entry to T1. Webber was in the middle of the track so they touched. It was Hamilton's fault for trying to move into the middle of the track rather than Webber's for staying in the middle of the track.
obviously, being ahead of another car so much so that their front end plate hits your rear wheel has always meant that its yourfault. Also nobody has taken into account the fact the track curves in the braking zone. Webber had the squeeze from both sides so rather than lift off a bit he tried to keep his foot in it as long as possible to not loose out at the expense of hamiltons rear tyre.

http://bbc.co.uk/i/lmxny/?t=9m33s

Also it's not hamilton who is making sharp movements and hitting rival drivers is it. Over the past 2 years EVERYONE has made stupid mistakes, I think that whats happened is the pace changed a lot after schumi left, a lot of new talent came in and everyone was pushing as hard as they could. F1 has become even more of a sprint than it used to be. Also Tristan, Hamilton is not gonna go and disobey his team, they pay his check which pays his bills for him and his family. Put on all the macho brovado you want you know it would be a stupid thing to do. He suggested it to them and they disagreed simple as that. In all honesty your the most arrogant prick i've ever known.
Surely even by now Hamilton has enough millions for him and his family to live comfortably till the end of their days. But yes, I agree. Disobeying orders to show he has balls to accomplish a whole lot of nothing doesn't sound particularly plausible.
Benji did you watch Webber from onboard? He bearly even moves the steering wheel. Watch it then come back. Because seriously people are making comments without even being sure of what happened. He barely turned the wheel and there was no sharp movement of the steering wheel. Barrichello made a sharp movement to move away after the hit however.

And for the Webber and Hamilton incident, its both their faults really. Webber could've backed out a bit and Hamilton could of chosen not to squeeze Webber so much. Just a racing incident.
precisely, he should of turned the wheel because the track turns there.

Edit: Ah right you mean the other thing. i agree, that did look different from onboard.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG