The online racing simulator
#1 - SamH
Formula 1 Grosser Preis (Grand Prix) Santander von Deutschland 2009
Race Date: 12 Jul 2009
Number of Laps: 60
Circuit Length: 5.148 km
Race Distance: 308.863 km
Lap Record: 1:29.468 - M. Schumacher (2004)

(Race Local Times):
Fri 10 July 2009
Friday Practice 1 10:00 - 11:30
Friday Practice 2 14:00 - 15:30

Sat 11 July 2009
Saturday Practice 11:00 - 12:00
Qualifying 14:00

Sun 12 July 2009
Race 14:00

Live timing service: http://www.formula1.com/services/live_timing/

From Timdpr: This is the first time since 1985 that the German Grand Prix has taken place at the Nürburgring. (Instead of the European Grand Prix etc).

http://www.nuerburgring.de/english/home.html

http://www.myweather2.com/Moto ... gring-Circuit.aspx?sday=6
/me makes a rain dance.
/joins zeug
#4 - Bean0
Wet Saturday, dry Sunday according to here.
hmm... well doesn't mean anything... today was supposed to be a dry day here, but when I went outside, it rained cats and dogs...
Quote from Intermediate07 :hehe 2007 was very nice.....they were all on dry tyres when it began to rain in the first lap :d

and Raikkonen missed the pits :-)

And Winkelhock led one lap.
Quote from zeugnimod :And Winkelhock led one lap.

i bet that in 40 years, we will all meet at some random place, and talk to our grand children about how Marcus Winkelhock led one lap driving A SPYKER.... =)
Ahh, yes, it was as one might call it "epic"
This is the first time since 1985 that the German Grand Prix has taken place at the Nürburgring. (Instead of the European Grand Prix etc).

Quote from Insert random copypasta'd description :The Nürburgring, simply known as "The Ring" by enthusiasts, is a motorsport race track in Nürburg, Germany. It was built in the 1920s around the village and medieval castle of Nürburg in the Eifel, which is about 70 kilometres (43 mi) south of Cologne, and 120 kilometres (75 mi) northwest of Frankfurt. Nicknamed The Green Hell by Jackie Stewart, it is widely considered the toughest, most dangerous and most demanding purpose-built race track in the world.

Originally, the track featured four track configurations: the 28.265 kilometres (17.563 miles) long Gesamtstrecke ("Whole Course"), which in turn consisted of the 22.810 km (14.173 mi) Nordschleife ("Northern Loop"), and the 7.747 km (4.814 mi) Südschleife ("Southern Loop"). There also was a 2.281 km (1.417 mi) warm-up loop called Zielschleife ("Finish Loop") or better known as Betonschleife, around the pit area. Between 1982 and 1983 the start-finish area was demolished to create a new GP-Strecke, and this is currently used for all major and international racing events. However, the Nordschleife is still in use.

I am told by an official German that 'Großer Preis Santander von Deutschland' is grammatically incorrect, instead it should be 'Großer Santander Preis von Deutschland'. I don't know why, could anyone elaborate? Is it like calling the British GP 'British Santander Grand Prix' or something?

http://www.nuerburgring.de/english/home.html

http://www.myweather2.com/Moto ... gring-Circuit.aspx?sday=6

Feel free to add anything from here to the OP

EDIT: I'm hoping that Rubens gets a podium, as he said if he does he's going to moonwalk
Attached images
Nurburgring track map 2009.png
Quote from Timdpr :
EDIT: I'm hoping that Rubens gets a podium, as he said if he does he's going to moonwalk

He did??? I'm hoping he gets 3rd behind Vettel and Heidfeld then! :P
I just hope it rains, not as bad as in 2007(even though it was epic funny), but enough to provide decent racing as well.
Well, it is not a thing of grammer, but a thing of higlighting: If you say the "Großer Preis Santander von Deutschland" the Sponsor is stressed. Means it is the Grand Prix Santander... If you would say Großer Santander Preis it would also stress the Sponsor, but it would additionally imply that Santander is a) the prize or b) the organisator.
I don't think the forms "[Sponsor] GP [Country]" or "GP [Sponsor] [Country]" are grammatically correct in any language... Same as "2009 John Smith British GP" since you're only adding nouns together without any genitive form.
Mark Webber all the way as per usual.

When he wins a GP and its just a matter of when it will rain Victorian Bitter and hail four n twenty pies in a godly display of Aussiness!!!!!

Donald Bradman will then rise from the grave and snap Max Mosley's head off with a cricket bat thus ending his reign as the anti-christ.

So shoot me for going a little overboard...
i just want webber to win once though no doubt chris amon will be praying he carries on with his usual routine of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, another few years of this and amon may finally loose "the unluckiest driver never to win an F1 race " tag
Its getting rather silly how unlucky Webber is. He should have won a few by now.
You make your own luck. Webber isn't very good at making his.
Quote from dawguk :You make your own luck. Webber isn't very good at making his.

Well really, if he wins this race and Vettel and Barrichello dont get on the podium he will be 2nd in the drivers standings.

Hes been very unlucky mainly in the 05,06 and 07 seasons this year hes driving more consistant and he has finally got as much luck as hes dreadful unluckyness.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/f1 now have highlights of past german f1 races and on the BBC Red Button
James Allen said it will be quite chilly this weekend, which isn't good for Brawn =S
So it's another cold race?
Redbull domination agian did I hear?
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :James Allen said it will be quite chilli this weekend, which isn't good for Brawn =S

So it will be hot, then?

Oh, what a difference a single letter makes.
Quote from samjh :So it will be hot, then?

Oh, what a difference a single letter makes.

haha opps my bad. fixed =]
I will be there from Saturday to Sunday. Hope Vettel wins :P

Formula 1 Grosser Preis (Grand Prix) Santander von Deutschland 2009
(460 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG