The online racing simulator
#876 - Don
the bridge wouldnt be blurry on real photo. maybe VERY little
Quote from Highsider9 :second try

I liked it
It's a challenge to get blurring right, for sure.

The wider the angle, the deeper the depth of field (DOF) will be. A 28mm lens will have a wide field of view (FOV) and everything in focus from a few feet to infinity. A longer lens, like a 400mm will have a small FOV and a narrower DOF.. perhaps just a few feet.

When you have a narrow DOF in a wide angle image, the message to the brain is one of close proximity.. in extreme cases, macro (pure macro is a 1:1 ratio, where the subject of the image is the same size in real life as the image of it, burned on film). Thus, an LFS screenshot with a wide FOV and a narrow DOF very often makes the vehicles look like radio controlled cars. Sometimes even smaller than that.

If you're going for realism by blurring the background/foreground, I recommend starting with a screenshot with a very narrow FOV.

Hope this helps
Haha, thats pretty cool.
Haha, looks awesome!
:blank:
Attached images
rainey.jpg
Nice. Only that I want to comment is the JPG compression which doesn't make the red look good.
Quote from deggis :Nice. Only that I want to comment is the JPG compression which doesn't make the red look good.

Yup, I used Fraps to capture and it was set to JPG instead of BMP and sadly I found out too late.
Fraps' JPG compression is too low, I'd recommend using BMP or PNG for screenshots, and compressing to JPG later.
aww

It's a shame that the quality is so low... well, you should use the print screen to make screens next time
Quote from ORION :aww

It's a shame that the quality is so low... well, you should use the print screen to make screens next time

Well Printscreen makes me paste the pic everytime and Fraps can save to bmp every time I press the button without losing quality.
Quote from -DrftMstr- :http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/4546/droop4xo.jpg
featuring the new DRoo-P replica D1 AE86

thx ppl for the comments earlier, helpful

you really need to slow it down and take your time with what your doing, notice how the roof is blurry .. thats not right..

lol this isnt a race, just take your time.. if you dont like it, move on like me
Quote from XCNuse :you really need to slow it down and take your time with what your doing, notice how the roof is blurry .. thats not right..

lol this isnt a race, just take your time.. if you dont like it, move on like me

maybe u're right, i mainly wanted you guys to focus on the skin itself :boing: but yes i need to work on that rubbish blur of mine
My Rendition of Foggy Skidpad...
try pressing "SPACE" while you are in AutoX mode.
..dude.. upload that file into the forum... its impossible to see anything, ontop of the fact that its gonna take an hour for the 56kers

plus, those lights around the track would be turned on
yes please post it as a link or as a thubnail, it takes like ages to load :P
My first edited lfs pic
Attached images
XRT2.jpg
The edit is nice (especially the angle), but the blue sky kinda defeats the rain effect...
Well i haven't posted here in a while...i'll show my progress at lfs picture editing...
BTW: Both XFG skins are done by me, F08 skin is from a F1 pack found in skins section.
Attached images
F08SPEED.jpg
wallpaper.jpg
xfgSpeed.jpg
Quote from Taavi(EST) :Well i haven't posted here in a while...i'll show my progress at lfs picture editing...
BTW: Both XFG skins are done by me, F08 skin is from a F1 pack found in skins section.

You can't drive F08 you are an DEMO racer
good
head editid. definately my next wallpaper

Edited pics
(14118 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG