The online racing simulator
Well, if you are using brazil it's indeed different. Never tried that, though
<- oldskool scanline default guy
if you put a background in 3dsmax of a bitmap, and you want a shadow, make a plane, and apply a matte/shadow material to it and render it; the matte/shadow material is see through by default, the only thing you will see will be the shadow itself (you should really be asking this in a 3d section, not in edited pics )
thanks to you both!
#830 - Don
:lfs:
Attached images
LX4_coloreffects.jpg
Quote from Don ::lfs:

Thanks for the new background Don.
Don that's some nice stuff, simple, yet effective.

What graphics card do you use? Do you use some sort of smoothening technique in ps on the car, or is your graphics card just so damn powerful?
Quote from pdanev :Don that's some nice stuff, simple, yet effective.

What graphics card do you use? Do you use some sort of smoothening technique in ps on the car, or is your graphics card just so damn powerful?

Ever heard of Anti Analiasing? Do a google search, youll find out what it is and how to turn it on. Though it doesnt smooth out EVERYTHING perfectly. For example, look at dons pic. The LX6 window is jagged.
I know what FSAA and AF is, don't worry. I was just curious, because as I mentioned once, I'm on a 64mb ati laptop, which doesn't produce anything close to this quality, even with maxxed out card & LFS settings. So I was just curious what card he has, because his images are all really good quality.
Quote from pdanev :I know what FSAA and AF is, don't worry. I was just curious, because as I mentioned once, I'm on a 64mb ati laptop, which doesn't produce anything close to this quality, even with maxxed out card & LFS settings. So I was just curious what card he has, because his images are all really good quality.

Oh well that explains it all, your on a laptop
they arent graphics card settings.. LFS doesnt really look like that on its own you know, thats why its called 'edited pictures'
#839 - Don
i use radeon9800pro with max AA/AF, i take the screenshots in max res (1600x1200 if i want the AA/AF to be working), edit and resize to 1280 + sharpen

@vendetta> the windows are jagged because of my wrong cropping with lasso tool. in original pic they werent jagged
Ah I see. My max resolution with full AA/AF is 1280x1024, even for that I have to hook up an external monitor because my laptop supports only 1024x768, and LFS doesn't allow it to go higher.

@ vendetta, thats a nice shot.

Haha, pretty good! Good colors & lighting etc. A shame of the lack of AA and 16 bit colors.. (the small rastering effect you see)

Tip, the pic is a bit too large to post directly, you might wanna post a link instead, unless it's small enough.
What Sam said + use AA and AF. (anti analising and antistropic filtering. You can set it in your graphics card settings)
Oh yes I know, I was at work and the computer there runs on integrated gfx, so I couldnt do much. Now I'm home on my trusty 6800GT and S2 (you wouldnt believe what LFS S2 looks like with 16X AF and 8x AA @ 1280x1024 , so I'll try to play around with it later on
Just two simple ones. I'm in love with my 6600GT
Attached images
Screen1edit.jpg
Screen2.jpg
A quick one i made for fun
Attached images
toolate.jpg
second try
Attached images
finallx6jpg.jpg
Quote from Highsider9 :second try

The LFS logo is stupid, remove it. The front left fender is blurred. And then add a little bit more contrast. And JPG quality should be 90% or more... that image is under 100 kb so it's a bit too compressed.

This was just constructive critisism. I'm not a pro even myself.
On the plus side look at the left hand tyres sidewalls. Beat that rF/GTL/GTR Fanboys!
Attached images
fxoturbo_small.jpg
orig.jpg

Edited pics
(14118 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG