The online racing simulator
here are two from me, a dark varient firstly which is closer to night, and then a brighter one to show you its actually in LFS no real manipulation of the image apart from playing with brightness levels

Quote from Internal_CreamPie ::d

:bewarespa

OMG you are sooooo~ funnyillepall
..thats not cool internal_creampie
Nice to see the first two posters after that realisted it was a step too far. Not By all means take the mickey out of me, but being offensive?

And Internal_Creampie was, I think, that same person who got banned a couple of weeks ago, whose name I have forgotten. He was also 'from' Afganistan and typed a bit like that.
Quote from tristancliffe :Nice to see the first two posters after that realisted it was a step too far. Not By all means take the mickey out of me, but being offensive?

And Internal_Creampie was, I think, that same person who got banned a couple of weeks ago, whose name I have forgotten. He was also 'from' Afganistan and typed a bit like that.

I dont quite get what you mean in this post? Me and apex perfectly realised his picture was innapropiate and uncalled for, we just tried to add some humour.
Ohok, I thought the Alrighty Then :up: was a sort of positive sign to him. Must have misread it :S
whats worse than spam? spam about spam. Oh crap i'm spamming about spam that was spamed...

i'm ruined.

To try and get back on some sort of lfs topic, vendetta do you know where exactly that stretch of road is?? i mean like a street adress or anything, i've been looking for a nice stretch of road to make a fantacy track for n2k3 out of, and that has a nice look to it.

Ok so its not lfs, but its sim racing, i'm getting close
Quote from pdanev :Full resolution 1280x1024:
http://img135.imageshack.us/im ... wingbrakesrb4final2rp.jpg

those look great man, brakes seem to be clowing with maybe just a little to much red hue, from what ive seen they are more of an orange glow.

Also be nice to see a daylight pic

Keep up the good work tho man
Quote from DodgeRacer :whats worse than spam? spam about spam. Oh crap i'm spamming about spam that was spamed...

i'm ruined.

To try and get back on some sort of lfs topic, vendetta do you know where exactly that stretch of road is?? i mean like a street adress or anything, i've been looking for a nice stretch of road to make a fantacy track for n2k3 out of, and that has a nice look to it.

Ok so its not lfs, but its sim racing, i'm getting close

I just found it off google images. Its not even jamaica probably
Haha okay, im sure if i search around google earth i'll find somthin Worked for me last time, got a great shot of an airport and was able to recreate it just through the sat image
Quote from tristancliffe :Ohok, I thought the Alrighty Then :up: was a sort of positive sign to him. Must have misread it :S

Nah we were just joking around. It was such a horrible edit that any humor that went along with it was automatically killed lol.
Did this a few days ago, but wasn't planning on posting it, hense the retarded (yet true) text at the bottom.
Attached images
forven.jpg
Quote from Takumi_Project.d :here are two from me, a dark varient firstly which is closer to night, and then a brighter one to show you its actually in LFS no real manipulation of the image apart from playing with brightness levels

Bloody nice man,
LFS Most Wanted... Realistic colours
Attached images
lfs_most_wanted.jpg
Quote from Yaamboo :Realistic colours

You need an eye test!
Cool pic, I like it!
good
nice pic can we get a bigger sized?
The colors are nice but the rest is crap tbh... unsharp and huge pixels... dont like it at all, sry.

When you look at the thubnail it looks really like a photo, because of the colors.
Do you happen to have the same pic without blurring?
Quote from ORION :The colors are nice but the rest is crap tbh... unsharp and huge pixels... dont like it at all, sry.

When you look at the thubnail it looks really like a photo, because of the colors.
Do you happen to have the same pic without blurring?

Eh? Maybe the point was to look like a crap screenshot (like Most Wanted does)?
How do you get shadows on an environment map like that? When I use an environment map for, say, a road picture or something, the car is dangling in the air with no ground plane to cast shadows on.
Quote from deggis :Eh? Maybe the point was to look like a crap screenshot (like Most Wanted does)?

DOH

well, obviously I didnt read the text. But obvjously it's not obviously enough that it is a NFS:STFU lookalike edit

illepall
Quote from gatorman :How do you get shadows on an environment map like that? When I use an environment map for, say, a road picture or something, the car is dangling in the air with no ground plane to cast shadows on.

:S Your trying to place a picture of a car in LFS to a real picture? Use the S2 veiwer for that. Then with the shadows, circle around them with the any lasso tool and press ctrl+shift+n to create a new layer. Then press press ctrl+c. Then delete everything you have selected on the layer of the car (not the new one you created) and then press ctrl+v. Then set the new layer with the shadows to around 50-60 opacity. I have a feeling im talking about something totally irellevant to what your asking. illepall
Quote from Vendetta ::S Your trying to place a picture of a car in LFS to a real picture? Use the S2 veiwer for that. Then with the shadows, circle around them with the any lasso tool and press ctrl+shift+n to create a new layer. Then press press ctrl+c. Then delete everything you have selected on the layer of the car (not the new one you created) and then press ctrl+v. Then set the new layer with the shadows to around 50-60 opacity. I have a feeling im talking about something totally irellevant to what your asking. illepall

I'm talking about in 3DSMax. When I render a scene with a cool road I want my car sitting on, I set that road JPG as the environment map for the scene. Problem is there's no real surface for the car to cast shadows on since the scene consists of only a car and a flat background image, no ground object.
Put a plane underneeth with matte/shadow material and enable shadows in the light.
Quote from ORION :Put a plane underneeth with matte/shadow material and enable shadows in the light.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but then it would cover up the background picture. It would have to be invisible, but still able to receive shadows and have no reflection.

http://www.lfswiki.net/index.php/Image:020.jpg

See where it says 'None' - press that and select the bitmap image. Sorry if I'm insulting anyone's Max knowledge, I just cant seem to wrap my head around this one.

Edited pics
(14118 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG