The online racing simulator

Poll : In your opinion, who will win the race?

Closed since :
Jenson Button
Kimi Raikkonen
Felipe Massa
Nico Rosberg
Rubens Barrichello
Kazuki Nakajima
Sebastian Vettel
Other
Mark Webber
Jarno Trulli
Timo Glock
eh Mclaren, what can you expect...
What is is with McLaren and the stewards? They just can't manage a clean, incident free race.

Quote from Storm_Cloud :... lying about facts to get a competitor punished is cheating, plain and simple.

What Hamilton and McLaren did was dumb (really dumb), but I don't see why they would care to punish Trulli. Hamilton was in third. By punishing Trulli, Hamilton got...third. No point unless someone at McLaren just doesn't like Toyota and/or Trulli.

I think they may have been worried about Hamilton passing Trulli when he went off so they decided to let him re-pass. However if that's true, it doesn't make sense that they wouldn't have said that so I don't know.

Anyway, on to Malaysia...maybe.
#78 - 5haz
Quote from Alles :eh Mclaren, what can you expect...

TBH, its not just Mclaren, there are probrably no honest teams in F1, its just a case of bigger liars and smaller liars.
well true on that. F1 just cant start normal in these last years cant it?
ah well lets hope to again see a good race in Malaysia
Quote from hotmail :The McLaren team has been disqualfied from the Australian Grand Prix following a detailed stewards' investigation into the incident involving the Englishman and Jarno Trulli on Sunday; the World Champion passed the Toyota under safety car conditions as the Italian ran off the circuit, before then slowing to allow Trulli to retake his position.

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news ... om-australian-grand-prix/

Lol back in too the f1 politics

They may consider including a safety car in McLaren simulator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vat6qXAMUlQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHURM2APua4
Quote from 5haz :
If the race goes ahead, I predict a Monaco 84 style washout with Piquet coming in first followed by two Force Indias, with the race being stopped at half distance after Bernie Eclestone gets hit by lightning 4 times.

Haha Best prediction ever
This whole thing is extremely odd. Trulli's penalty was TOO harsh for the non-crime he previously commited, and then slapping Hamilton with an exclusion. It's madness!

What the FIA were doing not looking at the radio transmissions I do not know considering they were available.

Vettel is exactly the same. 10 place grid penalty? WTF is THAT about?!
2001 again?
Attached images
snapshot20090402164308.jpg
Quote from Bean0 :They were already moaning about 'Bad Light' after the Aussie one.
What the hell do they think they are...cricketers ?

I don't think it was just low light, it was the sunlight through the trees, which is annoying at any speed.

Quote from TexasLTU :You can lesson Mclaren team radio here

Now its coming to conclusion they weren't lying

Quote from ultrataco :I think they may have been worried about Hamilton passing Trulli when he went off so they decided to let him re-pass.

So I was right? yay for me! They let trulli pass as a precaution, trying to avoid a penalty (not to punish Trulli :rolleyes, but then lied about it!:banghead:

I'd like to hear what Hamilton and anyone else at McLaren said that led the FIA to believe they lied. I'm not doubting they lied, I'm just curious. Why only release one side of the evidence? They could have easily given us quotes or something.
Any brits here mind telling me if the BBC Red Button will have Malaysian Practise on? 'Cos i cant seem to find the time on BBC F1 website.
Quote from ultrataco :I posted this in the Australian GP forum already:
Martin Whitmarsh interviewed about the incident.

Whitmarsh is saying that they weren't explicit enough but the FIA are saying Hamilton and Ryan lied. Ted Kravitz is asking the right questions but Whitmarsh seems to be saying their personnel didn't lie. Is Whitmarsh dodging the question or does he not believe their personnel lied?
Quote from amp88 :Whitmarsh is saying that they weren't explicit enough but the FIA are saying Hamilton and Ryan lied. Ted Kravitz is asking the right questions but Whitmarsh seems to be saying their personnel didn't lie. Is Whitmarsh dodging the question or does he not believe their personnel lied?

That's why I wish the FIA would publish quotes from Hamilton or whoever, explicitly denying that Hamilton was told to slow down. The radio conversations were not "withheld" from the FIA. They obviously had access to them.
Whitmarsh is a lying *****
What is funny is that while the Hamilton haters who complain about the coverage he gets continue to fan the flames the real injustice is quietly being swept under the carpet - Vettel 10 grid slot penalty.

Vettel has tried to voice up about it - http://www.crash.net/Formula+O ... id_penalty_isnt_fair.html - and it's fallen on deaf ears.
He did kind of insist it was his fault on live radio and in the steward inquiry..
I'm trying to watch FP1 on the BBC's site but it looks like all I'm going to get is live text commentary. This is the link I'm currently at. I'm in the Uk, so there shouldn't be any issue with international viewing. Am I missing something out?

edit: Video window just appeared, nevermind

edit2: And now it's gone again. I closed Firefox and reopened it and now when I go back to the same page I'm getting the following message: "The correct URL for the page you requested is: /sol/shared/inc/v4/formula_one/formula_one_lmp.inc". If I try that link I get a totally blank page. Argh.

edit3: A-ha. New update on the page: "Seems we may be having some intermittent problems with the live video at the moment: our boffins are on it."
#97 - JJ72
LOL Kimi's fire extinglisher went off when he was driving
is the battery behind the steering wheel?
Ferrari has problems with KERS, Fisichella crashed out, McLaren still in a middle = FP2 is great
Interesting thing, Brawn lost some time
Quote :McLaren sporting director Dave Ryan - who accompanied Lewis Hamilton to the fateful stewards' meeting in Australia - has been seen leaving the track with packed bags. Subsequently there is speculation that he has left the team after more than 30 years' service. Communications director Matt Bishop told BBC Sport the team were "not confirming anything at the moment" but added that McLaren boss Martin Whitmarsh would hold a news conference later on Friday.

http://www.autosport.com/news/grapevine.php/id/74177

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG