The online racing simulator
Rice.
This is my ****about car. Im doing anything to this just for teh lulz, experimenting to see what looks good, what doesnt, which means i have to go through the rice as well.
Sorry if i want to be different and try everything and see what looks good.
I have another car which is my proper car, nothing is being done to that unless its something decent.
I can already tell you it will all look horrible.
You can't polish a turd, too many modifications messes up a cars looks,
sometimes it's the little things that make such a big difference (that's what she said) ?
To be quite honest, if it bugs you, oh well, its not your car.
I know but, I'm just saying, people will think you're a chav, no one wants that!
Like i said, im experimenting, anything which i think is too ricy will come straight back out. Plus some things im buying are just so i can get experience with fitting that part, i.e gearstick, engine start button, lights ect ect.

To be honest whats wrong with experimenting? Everyone on this forum seems to be majorly anti experimentation. There was that Pug topic about the guy who was making his car into a show car, and i thought it was actually an extremely amazing thing to do, yeah it was very rice, but for him to go and do all of that himself i thought was great. Then there were people calling him an idiot for buying alloys and then buying other ones, and then for buying spacers and buying other ones? So what, he was EXPERIMENTING, he wanted to see what looks good and what does. Same as me.
Just cause im buying a few rice parts doesnt make me a chav or ricery, it just means i want to experiment with a few bits to see what they're like.

I sometimes listen to gothic music, does that make me one? No. Like i said, just shows that i like to experiment.
You can say you like to "experiment"... but at the end of the day you've got a car covered in hundreds out pounds worth of tat.

The spacers thread was rediculous because the entire car was dangerously unsafe at the best of times...
Do you actually not read Jakg? I said anything that doesnt look right, or looks too much is coming back off, id expect at least half to end up coming back off because i don't like it.

The thread was not ridiculous, his car was being made for SHOWS, not for driving. So what if it was unsafe? Its not being driven.
People like you are just like OH LOOK CAR LOOKS CHAVVED, OVO IT MUST BE CRAP AND JUST STUPID. Instead of stopping to think, hmm he's put alot of work into that, he's put alot of effort into doing it right, and he's not using it on the road so it must just be a show car, so if its a show car he must be wanting to make it as unique as possible, hence why it looks crazy.
Quote from Migz :hmm he's put alot of work into that, he's put alot of effort into doing it right, and he's not using it on the road so it must just be a show car, so if its a show car he must be wanting to make it as unique as possible, hence why it looks crazy.

There is no work or effort put into buying a load of rubbish off ebay and bashing it on your car, its lazy at best.

If you want to build a show car, build something that takes a bit of thought, in your current train of thought, you may aswell coat your car in superglue and drive through a Halfords store hoping for the best, you'd get the same effect.
Quote from Migz :

The thread was not ridiculous, his car was being made for SHOWS, not for driving. So what if it was unsafe? Its not being driven.

What's the point of having a car you can't drive? I don't think I'll ever understand
Quote from danowat :There is no work or effort put into buying a load of rubbish off ebay and bashing it on your car, its lazy at best.

If you want to build a show car, build something that takes a bit of thought, in your current train of thought, you may aswell coat your car in superglue and drive through a Halfords store hoping for the best, you'd get the same effect.

Im not building a show car, im just messing about with bits and bobs to see what looks good and what doesnt.

Quote from Rikje :What's the point of having a car you can't drive? I don't think I'll ever understand

Because some people enjoy making show cars. It's not that hard to understand. Everyone likes different things, if someone doesnt like the same things as you then tough. Do you think everyone is like you? You must do if as soon as someone shows a difference you find it hard to understand why the're like that.
Quote from Migz :Im not building a show car, im just messing about with bits and bobs to see what looks good and what doesnt.

Well, I can save you a shed load of money then, without even seeing it.....

None of it looks good, you'll look just like every other tool of your age with a 106 or a Saxo.
Opinion not fact.

And oh well, if it ends up looking that way then i can just sell it to any other tool my age who wants a 106. So im not really at a loss.
Quote from Migz :Do you actually not read Jakg? I said anything that doesnt look right, or looks too much is coming back off, id expect at least half to end up coming back off because i don't like it.

In which case your going to end up hundreds of pounds down with a bog-standard car. n1.

I have no problems with (decent) car modifications or even "experimentations". But theres a decent modification, i.e. a tasteful set of wheels that compliment the design of the car, and then theres something ill-thought-out like the largest chrome wheels you could possibly find with ditchfinders on.

And before you go a flaming... my car already has rather a large list of modifications. And I have no problems if people want to push things a bit further. But theres "a bit further", and then theres tacky blue window handles that go with absolutely nothing and look gash.
Quote from Migz :Plus some things im buying are just so i can get experience with fitting that part, i.e gearstick, engine start button, lights ect ect.

If you need experience on doing something as simple as changing a ****ing Gear Knob, then you should really think about not touching Cars.

Frankly, I can't even understand how you can look at a Handbrake Handle covered in plastic crystals, and think "Hmm. That might look good. Let's blow some money on it and find out!". It looks shite Migz! Same goes for all that other crap you bought, just like Lexus Lights. Even the chavs would laugh at you for having them, as they went out of fashion years ago.

Besides, is there any point on spending all that money on a 106, only to crash it like you did with your Fiat?
Ok, let me put it this way.

Do you honestly think "disco style" sidelights are going to look good, and not look tacky?

Do you think they are legal?

Do you think if you use these on a public road you won't get pulled over instantly (foward facing blue = no no)?

Do you think they are safe?

Nothing wrong with replacing sidelights - I have a set of LED's in mine that give a much "cleaner" light and fill the reflector up much better. But "disco style"? WTF?
Do you think people driving a rover should comment on other peoples cars?
Quote from Osco :Do you think people driving a rover should comment on other peoples cars?

...this coming from someone who's car needs this at the back:

Post your Last Purchase!
(7003 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG