The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
I thought it was to increase front end grip during turning. Close enough.
Quote from Scrabby :awesome pic

Aw come on, tell me when you're on Zandvoort next time...
Quote from Scrabby :...It's not just for the cools, those things actually all have a reason.

Interesting.. though still, I've seen drifting on your awesome level, (from similar cars), without going to such extremes. (both technically or visually)
Ye, it depends on what you use. I bought a full kit with arms etc etc.
Allot of people just adjust the knuckle and place a tad longer arms instead of very long ones that i have

Quote from dadge :I thought it was to increase front end grip during turning. Close enough.

Yes it is, all that results in what you say
At Volksdub 2012.

BECAUSE THEN TOO MUCH POKE IN THE FRONT AND IT WILL RUB BAAAAADDDDD

plus i like staggered setups more.
I see.. so you do go pokie for the visual, Scrabby. (rather than for better function I mean)
Just a bit

No, I just can't seem to understand why the VW dudes like those setups so much
Nice and wide wheels in the rear and upfront very small. You almost have to put your head in the wheelarch to find the wheel
Some of them are running wide 13" square that poke out 5-10cm, it looks hideous...

Most of them are running square setups though.
Quote from Scrabby :...I just can't seem to understand why the VW dudes like those setups so much...

It's Ok, I can't wrap my head around this silly poke and/or hellaflush stuff, myself. (other than maybe the ability to look fast while sitting still, for some of it ) For me, form follows function & IMO, the result tends to look beautiful. (in terms of cars I mean of course) I guess I prefer noodles though too, haha.
was at the 'Ring this weekend, Truck GP and GT Masters, and took the chance to visit the Nordschleife on Friday for some spotting at Brünnchen and Pflanzgarten and a lap round it after that.

Managed a time of around 13min BtG with my 50hp Lupo, even gained on a Carrera pretty significantly for the first part of the lap (well, it was wet), until we arrived at Bergwerk, where I had a hard time crawling up the hill in 3rd gear

A friend with some dozen lap experience rode with me, instructing

no pics unfortunaly, my camera was dead
Quote from ACCAkut :...no pics unfortunaly, my camera was dead

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!! :eye-poppi For that type of awesomeness, (knowing about us normal peeps you're gonna tell about it), ya pick up a disposable or somthin!
Quote from Tinytacohead :WHAT!!!!!!!!!!! :eye-poppi For that type of awesomeness, (knowing about us normal peeps you're gonna tell about it), ya pick up a disposable or somthin!

I arrived at Brünnchen, took out the camera, turned it on, was greeted with a "Camera Restart: Lens Error" and that was it. And both of us have old phones with 1.1 MP cameras I hoped that some of those guys on racetracker.de took some pics, but apparently we were too slow or uninteresting

but we saw this guy doing some laps (so where is my pic??? :shy:

I plan on returning to watch some VLN race in September and maybe some more laps, I mean I paid for this:
Attached images
Bild055.jpg
Quote from ACCAkut :I arrived at Brünnchen, took out the camera, turned it on, was greeted with a "Camera Restart: Lens Error" and that was it. And both of us have old phones with 1.1 MP cameras ...

Haha, gotcha.. & don't feel tooo outta place about your phone. I've got similar & finally attached a giant letter J to the back. Decided if everybody could have Smart phones, i-Phones & whatnot, I must have a J(unk)-Phone. Also @ the minivan thing.. dunno what you were driving, but I'm sure it was at least as deserving of a pic!
Quote from Scrabby :Ye, it depends on what you use. I bought a full kit with arms etc etc.
Allot of people just adjust the knuckle and place a tad longer arms instead of very long ones that i have

Yes it is, all that results in what you say

using E46 bottom arms on an E36 to get the camber seems to be a popular mod from what i have seen, certainly over here anyway.
Yep, i've done that to but the arms where to thick. Wheel was catching on it.
Now i've got longer E36 arms
Anyone got an experience with VW Golf 1.4 TSI (160bhp)? Or brand new car in general.

I just took delivery of the car two weeks ago. It only has less than 400 miles under it. I understand a car needs to be run in, but at the moment the car is getting 28mpg, which is nowhere near the 47mpg I read on autocar. Granted a lot of it is in city driving (It's in Hong Kong, so you can imagine lots of slow moving traffic etc.). Is this normal?
Never believe what the numbers say, and city driving offcourse sucks for mpg.
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :Anyone got an experience with VW Golf 1.4 TSI (160bhp)? Or brand new car in general..

I guess Autocar doesn't give a city estimate to compare with? G!NhO's right too, they always skew the numbers in their favor. As for 28mpg, that seems like an Ok stop'N'go number to me, especially considering what I've seen of Hong Kong roadways/traffic! Also, congrats on the purchase! ..time for pics.
volkswagen itself claims 39mpg after european measurement. those figures usually are far from reality, at least if you're not only barely touching the right pedal you got there. especially if the city driving was conducted in a rather sporty manner, 28mpg is not that far from what you can expect, i suppose. try to get outside city borders and see what the fuel consumption is like.
Your MPG will increase after a few thousand kilometres. It's not after a week orso that it will increase...

My dad's new Z4 is beginning to increase it's MPG after 4500km
Thanks for all the advice guys!

Quote from Scrabby :Your MPG will increase after a few thousand kilometres. It's not after a week orso that it will increase...

My dad's new Z4 is beginning to increase it's MPG after 4500km

Yeah I know it will probably get better, but the question is by how much.

every time i go work on it, it just makes me feel more retarded for picking up such a work to try to do... it's been in the project stage way too long, and I've kind of grown hatred towards the car... sure it's fun to throw around on the roads especially with new suspension but i just wish i'd have the inspiration to finish it and get rid of it... replace it with an E36 or a EG/EF Civic.

Meh, I just need more beer when I go to continue the golf.
I'll take it for €100
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG