The online racing simulator
Torres with a hattrick after 17 minutes.
Go spain
Oh my, New Zealand's defense is embarassing.
Awesome, I'm very happy for Egypt!

And I'm even more happy that it was Italy they won against.

And I'm happy that it's Brazil vs. Italy on Sunday. Definately will watch that.
Quote from zeugnimod :And I'm happy that it's Brazil vs. Italy on Sunday. Definately will watch that.

Heh, probably an ultra boring game. Not following the italian games but it's generally strong defense and poor attack. And well, this brazilian team is probably the weakest of the latest years, ~5 very good players mixed with a bunch of how-the-hell-did-that-guy-end-up-here players.
They were pretty good against USA yesterday.

If the Brazilian team is motivated they are probably THE most fun team to watch. IMO.
Too bad they apparently are very hard to motivate.
Well no offense to USA but they're hardly a strong team, aren't they.

I'll agree on the 'motivating' part though, it's like they're playing because they're obligated too. So annoying.

I remember watching some practice sessions on a recent World Cup (I guess it was Korea/Japan's), with the first team playing against the reserves. It was always a tough match, but the second team was so much more fun to watch!

Can't even say that about the current team, even the reserves are crap - with a few exceptions like the forward Nilmar. He's much better than Pato imo.
Quote from de Souza : with a few exceptions like the forward Nilmar.

This guy?

I only saw the highlights of the match against USA but Maicon seemed pretty good, too.
Yup, that's the guy. Damn you, it was against my team!

Another one here.
Niice.
OMG!!!!

EPIC FAIL Italian defense.

Gotta say this is most annoying crowd noise though.
Brazil WAS motivated.

The only player who wasn't good was Robinho, IMO. Especially Luis Fabiano and Maicon were great.

And USA advancing with 3 points and 4-6 goals.
Heh, looks like an obvious Spain vs. Brazil final. Sounds good to me.
Quote from de Souza :Heh, looks like an obvious Spain vs. Brazil final. Sounds good to me.

Yeah, let's see if Brazil can break Spain's mighty impressive streak of winning the last 16 matches and not losing any match since November 2006.

Spain vs. USA will be pretty one-sided and I expect an easy win for Spain with 2 or 3 goals difference.
But South Africa vs. Brazil might be closer than you expect, IMO. They are quite capable in the offense. I expect many goals.

And those stupid trumpet thingies are indeed very annoying. Especially since they are tooting them CONSTANTLY. If I were a player on the field I would have gotten mad after one half. Imagine how loud that must be if you are in there.
I really hope those things get banned or at least are used less next year. Tooting them after a goal for the team you support is fine, but not all the time.
USA :jawdrop:
Spain fail
Quote from DevilDare :Spain fail

It's rather USA being much much better than expected than Spain failing, IMO.
It's only half time. A lot can happen in 45 minutes.

Quote from zeugnimod :It's rather USA being much much better than expected than Spain failing, IMO.

I think Spain are failing actually. They are making a lot of errors. Very poor passing and their defending is just a shambles at the moment. Maybe they will buck their ideas up for the second half. The USA are defending very well though I must say!
Hahahaha

USA 2 : 0 Spain

Spain getting owned
2-0 USA

rofl
This is so awesome.
Also: Tim Howard is the f***ing man.
Aaaand a total bullshit straight red card. wtf.

note: same ref who screwed the US over in the World Cup against Italy.
USA beat arguably the best team in the world. Fantastic.

The only downside is that in the US only DWB and about 6 other Americans even care

If it were England the whole country would be going mental.

Good luck in the final guys... I'll be cheering for you.

The General Football Discusion Thread
(3469 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG