The online racing simulator
Illegal??
Im not doing anything illegal...
Just looking for how to add online licence check since bunder9999 said it needed it and not just a local check via the exe...

I will buy S2, actually probably S3 by the time it would be worth it to me..
Im going to the RAF in like 3weeks now, so I cant see much point buying it for it not be used like 10 months of the year..
im not accusing you of anything...i was just answering your question...who you can see is the crackers who are lousy people that have no sense of earning stuff
I think you misunderstood my question slightly, I was asking about who I can get help from so that I can add the online licence check to my mod...
As bunder9999 stated that a licence check through the exe with lfs_external.dll wasnt enough to be accepted for release here...

Quote from bunder9999 :any mod released on the forum must have an online license check. checking for s1/s2/demo via the exe alone isn't enough...

Quote from DavidTiger :Using LFS_External.dll...

If the dll does not exist, the mod closes..
If the mod cant connect to LFS, the mod closes..

That file is not related to LFS license system at all, + most users don't have it.
I know, its a user made dll and isnt assosiated with LFS at all.. apart from making outgauges etc.
I include it with the mod... If the user deletes/moves the dll to 'try' pass the licence check then the mod just will not work.

+ my question still has no answer... If the mod need this onlince licence check to be able to release here on the forum, then why cant I.. or why no-one will tell me how to implement into my program...
Bob had mentioned that it would be 'extra security' but not required..

~~~
This has seriously hijacked this thread... suggest opening a thread or through PM... maybe even drop it. and let the mods decide about my app...
Please somebody help me !!!
I installed new z25 but where i get tweak??? i dont find tweak what work in z25 . Please help and post link where i can download z25 tweak what working in game...
There are no tweaks for z25 as of yet, Have to wait until the tweak is updated...
Quote from DavidTiger :I know, its a user made dll and isnt assosiated with LFS at all.. apart from making outgauges etc.
I include it with the mod... If the user deletes/moves the dll to 'try' pass the licence check then the mod just will not work.

+ my question still has no answer... If the mod need this onlince licence check to be able to release here on the forum, then why cant I.. or why no-one will tell me how to implement into my program...
Bob had mentioned that it would be 'extra security' but not required..

~~~
This has seriously hijacked this thread... suggest opening a thread or through PM... maybe even drop it. and let the mods decide about my app...

How LFS_External implements a license check? It's open source, so you can re-write it to tell your app you have S2 even when you don't. (not you, other users)
Quote from DavidTiger :There are no tweaks for z25 as of yet, Have to wait until the tweak is updated...

Yes there are. They are not available for demo users tho
it checks through InSim... Yea, they could re-write it but, I am in the process of adding online licence check and removing the LFS_External.dll way...
Quote from LFS_External Code :
Private Sub VER_InSimVersionInformation(ByVal VER As Packets.IS_VER)
If VER.Product.ToLower = "demo" Then
'user is demo, close the mod
else
'user is S1 or S2, allow use..
end if

Quote from DavidTiger :I am in the process of adding online licence check.

Avoidable with WireShark.
Go on.
Your determined to make it seem impossible to make licence protection...
Or just ripping the **** because im a demo...

LFS_External.dll isnt the best way to do it (get the source and make some bybass)
Online Check isnt the best way to do it (use wireshark, any network traffic sniffer to 'trick' it to recieve that the player is S1/S2...

Then what is the most secure... Nothing... Everything is bypassable somehow
Quote from DavidTiger :Your determined to make it seem impossible to make licence protection...
Or just ripping the **** because im a demo...

nah, nothing with you being demo.

Even with best protection, EXE can be dumped (in case it's packed), and then you can write a tool that will grab all memory addresses from dump and make a ArtMoney or CheatEngine table out of them.
Quote from Shadowww :Avoidable with WireShark.
Go on.

And how many people will spoof packets to their own machine, every time they want to launch an application? To mix it up, you could even randomly recheck every few minutes, and restore and quit if the check were to fail.

Valid criticisms are welcome but unless you can come up with something more foolproof yourself, such nitpicking isn't useful.

Quote from Shadowww :then you can write a tool that will grab all memory addresses from dump

Unless you like to make lots of work for yourself, you don't store all the separate variable addresses anyway, just the start address of each struct, or even better, the start address of the first struct, and the spacing between structs.
No matter how much license protection you could use, someone who tried hardenough could bypass it.
But im sure most demo users wouldnt try half of what it would take to bypass it...
Quote from Bob Smith :Unless you like to make lots of work for yourself, you don't store all the separate variable addresses anyway, just the start address of each struct, or even better, the start address of the first struct, and the spacing between structs.

Are ALL cartype structs same? To me, they are different :3
IMO all cartype structs are the same, if they weren't my program wouldn't work.. but hey, it works!
Quote from byte1 :IMO all cartype structs are the same, if they weren't my program wouldn't work.. but hey, it works!

It doesn't works for single cars Well, it does, but value changing seems to have no effect :s
True that.. Would be cool if someone enlighted us on this democar editing issue.
Enlighten you by making the demo cars editable in z25?
Just use CE you will find addresses for the demo cars in minutes... If you know how to search and initial values..
You can't tweak single cars in Z25. It can only be done by editing LFS.exe, instead of doing it on the fly.
Demo cars can be edited by changing values in the memory addresses.... Is that editing LFS.exe?? or on the fly?
Its just changin values in RAM? when closing lfs all changes made are reset to normal..
does tweak 3 actually work with Z25?
cause all i can see is weird adress lines
Quote from vale46rossi :does tweak 3 actually work with Z25?

Same here.
Quote from vale46rossi :does tweak 3 actually work with Z25?

Yes it does. Download the latest configuration file (use the search function for that) and then in LFSTweak3 click Preferences --> Config. file path.
For me it works well, but of course Single Car Tweaks don't work =/
Quote from freddyalek90 :Yes it does. Download the latest configuration file (use the search function for that) and then in LFSTweak3 click Preferences --> Config. file path.
For me it works well, but of course Single Car Tweaks don't work =/

Ive searched the forum for a config file,but havent found one. Am i not searching good enough?

LFSTweak for Patch Z released!
(577 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG