The online racing simulator
Round 7 Post-Race Discussion and Penalties
A really bad day for me, made the wrong tyre choice, too much fuel in the car, someone tagged me in the opening laps, I binned it off twice going into the final chicane and to top it off I hurt me engine with 4 laps to go.
I got hit by Darryn's screensaver - then misjudged distance to Taha and shot him off. At this point the concentration was gone causing me to hit the tyre stack and damage the car. Then I received a stop-and-go for hitting Taha, additionally another stop-and-go for speeding in the pit lane (why it wasn't just a drive-through is a mistery to me). So I had to do 2 full laps with a totally damaged car and was pretty much off.

In any case - congratulations Yann for the championship and of course also congratulations for all the others who finished.

And last but not least: Congratulations Darryn for being (at least for me) the best driver in this championship. Don't worry about the bump - bad luck happens (usually to me ).
#4 - J@tko
WOOOHOOO I won (sorta)

What an awesome and so nearly catastrophic race.

In quali I got a new pb, got 7th place, just behind Yann.

The start was, um, interesting. Zanetti span so I gained another position on the formation lap. However, I completely messed up the start by telling people the wrong lane :doh:

Deko went green earlier than I expected, but I still got a much better start than the others around me. I ended up stuck behind Taha down the home straight, with yann and dan next to me on the right. I managed to pass some people into T1, after starting 6th I got into 3rd place. I then got goo drive off the corkscrew and overtook Dan coming into the North hairpin. This put me in second place. Ken was miles and away faster than me at this stage, so I just set my own pace trying to get away from the chasing pack; dan, yann and Darryn. On about lap 6 two of them span and it was left to Darryn to chase me. Deko so nearly brought out the SC (and I'm sooooo glad he didnt!!!). On lap 12 I had one of those moments braking for the north hairpin, i touched the grass and only a handfull of opposite kept me on the straight and narrow. In the next laps I just aimed to keep the 3-4 second cushion between me and Darryn in 3rd. I'd put too much fuel in, so I knew that I could pit when I wanted, and was glad when Darryn pitted with about 35-40 mins gone. I decided now to push really hard, and got two new pbs in that time. When I pitted, I decided to make a few set ajustments, lowering ma tyre pressures and removing a bit of front wing. I'd forgotten, however, that there's an LFS bug where, when you set it to change sets, it fixes your damage. So, I had a 10 second pit stop and so nearly lost the position to Darryn AND the setting changes were shockingly bad. I lost about 1sec/lap cos of that, and nearly rolled it with 2 laps to go :S

However, I stayed in front for the rest of the race and 'won', 30 secs behind Ken.

Really glad about this race, just kept within my own abilities, didn't fail (well, apart from almost failing at the last corner THANKS JOE!) and just pushed only when i needed

Congrats to Ken for winning in such a convincing way, congrats to Yann for winning the championship, and to Darryn for giving me a good race

Thanks to Joe for SCing (not that badly) to Deko for all his hard work, and to you, the racers, for making this such fun.

Hopefully see some of you online in future, and maybe at some future NDR events
Quote from Hypothraxer :I got hit by Darryn's screensaver - then midjudged distance to Taha and shot him off. At this point the concentration was gone causing me to hit the tyre stack and damage the car. Then I received a stop-and-go for hitting Taha, additionally another stop-and-go for speeding in the pit lane (why it wasn't just a drive-through is a mistery to me). So I had to do 2 full laps with a totally damaged car and was pretty much off.

In any case - congratulations Yann for the championship and of course also congratulations for all the others who finished.

And last but not least: Congratulations Darryn for being (at least for me) the best driver in this championship. Don't worry about the bump - bad luck happens (usually to me ).

Congratulations Yann! consistency pays off with a great pass on joe in the final laps to make sure that championship was urs!

David, im terribly sorry for the screen saver/bump, i hate for the season between us to end like that!!! we were having an awesome dice untill then, and im very sorry for the way it ended!

Thanksyou for the great season though, and all the other great racing that we've had. (including being teammates at the 16hour).

Thanks to all the organisers for a truelly great season!!!
Congrats Yann, some great driving from all.
Can't belive, I won it
Fantastic season guys, thanks to all the participants, everybody exepting one driver(#333) drove very cleanly, thanks to dekojester who admined it very well, Joseph did a nice job too, he didn't failed so much during this season, and thanks also to J@kto and to Timo(even if he have to improve his comments during the live coverages:tilt... Can't belive I won the title guys, I wasn't very fast during quali, but during the race, I did a nice job, my goal wasn't to be on the podium or something like that, I just wanted to have the title, so I didn't push very much. Shame that Darryn and David had a lot of problems tonight, but that's motor-racing I guess. I also need to say "big thanks" to David, I used his set during the race.

So, see you on the track sometimes, thanks to NDR again, they make a wonderful job. Long life to them.
I'll post replays and results later tonight when I get to work.

I'm waiting on complete qual replay from J@tko to reprocess those stats since I timed out then.

Penalty protests are open now, I'll post a deadline after I post the replay.

d
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :I also need to say "big thanks" to David, I used his set during the race.

I guess I should hit myself for that

@Darryn: As I said - don't worry. Stuff like this happens. I did an even bigger mistake by rejoining so badly so I don't feel very well either.

Edit: And of course a big big Thank You to Deko, Jack, Joseph, Timo and Falke for organizing the events. I enjoyed it very much and all of your decisions were always spot on (yes - even the last one where I was in doubt. I guess I was still confused from the bump).
Quote from Mike Bingo :A really bad day for me, made the wrong tyre choice, too much fuel in the car and to top it off someone tagged me in the opening laps.

That was me! I've had a look at the replay, and if asked to summarize it into 1 sentence I would say: "My optomistic move caused us to touch, then lag caused you to spin; more my fault than yours, but still, I would say, a racing incident."

As for my race - great fun! I enjoyed 58 minutes of it. Those two bad minutes were caused by my spin on the first lap (down to 14th and quite a long way behind my nearest rival) but the good minutes were me battling (and taking advantage of other people's mistakes-ing) my way up to 7th. (Possibly higher? Do some racers not count?)

Well done Yann! It was a great championship, well organised, (ish ) and it's a pity I couldn't join all the races! I might see you in the mini-FBM cup soon!
I want an incedent involving me Me an evilpimp under investigation

Reason he gave such little room that he threw me of the track
Quote from Chrisuu01 :I want an incedent involving me Me an evilpimp under investigation

Reason he gave such little room that he threw me of the track

Please give replay file timecode to help in my investigation.

d
Had a flaming time out on the 6th lap, someone had rebooted the router

Was good up until then, unfortunately I didn't have enough time to implement my super secret plan
Great race other than my car trasmission ratio was sucky and i was no match for you guys... yeah
Started late with low fps but near T1 i reached the pack. then i got into a fight with Chris but then he had that incident that was weird and hit me.
The rest of the race was kind of giving space for the leaders, wich there was one time that i almost took one out!...

PS: We should have more miniFBM races, treat it like a bonus race =D
Quote from Timdpr :That was me! I've had a look at the replay, and if asked to summarize it into 1 sentence I would say: "My optomistic move caused us to touch, then lag caused you to spin; more my fault than yours, but still, I would say, a racing incident."

Well you've apologised and it was the slightest of touches so that's good enough for me.

While checking the race footage I had a look at at the 'incedent' involving Evilpimp and Chrisuu01 too (happened at 33minutes 50 seconds). I could've driven a bus through the "little room". Car #222 had his line comprimised slightly by car 05 who had won the corner
Spike strips?
thats why Chris's tire blew then. OR was Yann? Or both?
Quote from JO53PHS :...which was?

Can't say, wouldn't be secret then

It did partly involve the SC car though
Provisional Results have been posted.

Replay is up as well.

Protests are due by 07:00 UTC on Monday, 3 November 2008.

d
Yann, we have a slight problem with you winning the championship.

You see, the winner of the championship gets a corner named after them on Joe's AX track, but:

HOW IN THE NAME OF GOD ARE WE GOING TO COME UP WITH A NAME OF A CORNER THAT STARTS WITH Y??? OR L FOR THAT MATTER???!!! NUB!! /rant
Laprevotte Loop?
Oi Hyntty - up the broadcast plz

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG