The online racing simulator
Quote from J@tko :Well, tbh Joe, I'm hardly a person who is regularly fighting at the front for race victories, whatever the combo is. So for me to have actually come second in this race is pretty good, let alone (eventually) win it.

It's the longest race I've ever done, and to be honest I hadn't done that much practice. I got a decent position in qualification, and managed to get a good start, getting up to second by halfway around the lap. I was pleased that I was consistently setting good lap times (see the race on LFSW). All my times were low 2.35s, 2.34s and the good high 2.33. I managed to conserve my tyres, and just driving within my limits was enough to keep Darryn and Yann at bay - and they're hardly slow.

I'll admit that luck had a part to play in it, however I'd like to say that if we did the race again this Saturday I'd hope to equal the results.

I'm sorry if I sound cocky saying this - i'm just really pleased to have won this race, and to end what has been a great season of LFSBC racing. Add to the fact that I only made about 3 (minor) mistakes in the entire 1 hour is pretty good for me - I struggle to do a CTRA race without going off. So, for me, what I've done is pretty damned good for me

Quote from JO53PHS :Jack, I'm just being annoying. Don't take it seriously. Nub.

Sounds ok to me... don't be to mad about it joe, but luck does play part in every race. Joe... you just sound jalouse and to this point a bit too childish...

sorry for my directness
Joe is a child

Edit ma above post - I wasn't conserving ma tyres - i was stopping them from becoming ice blockz!
Quote from JO53PHS :NEWSFLASH: Jack Atkinson Drowns in His Own 1337ness

I am the most 1337 person on this forum and I can prove it

My phone number ends in 1337.
Quote from Mike Bingo :I am the most 1337 person on this forum and I can prove it

I crashed into someone whose phone number ends in 1337! I don't know how to feel...I'm honoured to have even touched your car, yet so ashamed to have caused damage to it. How much do you need to repair it? I'll pay! I'll give you thousands of pounds, for you are truly elite...

What did I just write?

Anyway, well done Jack! I'm sorta in the same category as you, and I know victory would mean a lot to me. Yeah, you only won due to the fails of others, but that means you didn't fail, and they did! It means you were the best driver out there!
Right. Deko the reason I wasn't on the limiter is that I put it and when I put it every was pulling away so I got off of it and thought well might aswell just keep at the speed, its safer and I'd be able to accelerate easier. Anyways, I don't think that affects my position but meh. :P Sorry bout that
Quote from TFalke55 :Sounds ok to me... don't be to mad about it joe, but luck does play part in every race. Joe... you just sound jalouse and to this point a bit too childish...

No, I'm not jealous at all . I'm a failboat and pround of it .

Tbh I was just LoLing at how happy Jack was that he didn't fail for once

Quote from J@tko :Joe is a child

HAHAHAH No.

Quote from Mike Bingo :I am the most 1337 person on this forum and I can prove it

I worship you.

Quote from Timdpr :I crashed into someone whose phone number ends in 1337! I don't know how to feel...I'm honoured to have even touched your car, yet so ashamed to have caused damage to it. How much do you need to repair it? I'll pay! I'll give you thousands of pounds, for you are truly elite...

LMAO !!
Quote from dekojester :The following cars are recieving a WARNING for late formation into double file:

The following cars are recieving 30-second time penalty for failure to be on pitlimiter after being formed into double-file:

Car 99 is recieving a 45-second time penalty for dangerous driving actions on the start procedure which led to accordian effects in the field on both files.

d

That's why I was suggesting to make a rolling start in FP - because I knew something like this would happen
lol.

Well, if the userbase stays the same, will this be called the LFS Intermediates Cup next time around?
Quote from Fuse5 :lol.

Well, if the userbase stays the same, will this be called the LFS Intermediates Cup next time around?

Nah.. We've got 5 or so months for the LFS Community to be refreshed with some new n00bs
cant seem to download the replay file... says no file
I could only check right now - and just to be sure:

We had to apply the rev-limiter at the hairpin and release it once the green flag was shown - is this correct?

In that case I don't understand why I received a 30 second penalty. I applied it before the hairpin and released it once the green flag was shown (as can be seen in the attached screenshot). Am I missing something?
Attached images
rev.jpg
Quote from Hypothraxer :I could only check right now - and just to be sure:

We had to apply the rev-limiter at the hairpin and release it once the green flag was shown - is this correct?

In that case I don't understand why I received a 30 second penalty. I applied it before the hairpin and released it once the green flag was shown (as can be seen in the attached screenshot). Am I missing something?

Yep - just seen the replay and you are quite correct.

I presume Deko will take your penalty away soon
... dito... well.. I was to slow
Ooh - i forgot

Congrats to Taha for going an entire hour without disconnecting
Lol :P.
I tried to keep formation but the car in front of me was on the wrong side of the track, and chris was afraid to come near the competitor in front of him...
BTW.... this start was very f****ing confusing for me.
BTW i once hit a rabbit in world of warcraft for 1337. Now i feel ashamed.
Quote from Calvinaquino :I tried to keep formation but the car in front of me was on the wrong side of the track, and chris was afraid to come near the competitor in front of him...

That was probably me A car a few positions ahead had spun out and rejoined ahead of Chris, meaning everyone from Chris back had to switch sides. Chris didn't take the position on the "wrong" side, so I did (which just meant I moved up a position on the right), putting everything back to normal behind me. I think you were behind Chris for the rolling start anyway
Quote from dougie-lampkin :That was probably me A car a few positions ahead had spun out and rejoined ahead of Chris, meaning everyone from Chris back had to switch sides. Chris didn't take the position on the "wrong" side, so I did (which just meant I moved up a position on the right), putting everything back to normal behind me. I think you were behind Chris for the rolling start anyway

You were the one lagging behind me right? I could see in the mirror your car suddenly appearing besind me from nowhere. That scared the helll out of me .
About the wrong side placement: Someone started talking on vent about our positions, ok. But then another person corrected the last person, wich then, i didn`t saw a difference of the cars in front of me. I got scared because after the hairpin they wrere saying " LAST CARS PLEASE GET IN POSITION OMG" and i was "come on move"...
Quote from Hypothraxer :I could only check right now - and just to be sure:

I observed you without the limiter from the hairpin until the green flag flew.

I will double-check this in the next 72 hours - a busy next couple coming up.

d
Quote from dekojester :I observed you without the limiter from the hairpin until the green flag flew.

d

Thats what I did heh. I got on the limiter slightly before the hairpin, everyone pulled away so I figured that no one was on it and I got off the limiter and kept the pace and then floored it at the green :P. Did my penalty even affect my position? lol.
Quote from dekojester :I observed you without the limiter from the hairpin until the green flag flew.

d

Take your time - there's no hurry. It doesn't really matter whether I receive the penalty or not position-wise. It's just for 'correctness'
Quote from Calvinaquino :You were the one lagging behind me right? I could see in the mirror your car suddenly appearing besind me from nowhere. That scared the helll out of me .
About the wrong side placement: Someone started talking on vent about our positions, ok. But then another person corrected the last person, wich then, i didn`t saw a difference of the cars in front of me. I got scared because after the hairpin they wrere saying " LAST CARS PLEASE GET IN POSITION OMG" and i was "come on move"...

Oh, that wasn't me so. I was behind Chris, so I was the car straight ahead of you (red and white skin, yellow novice sticker :shy. IIRC, you were supposed to be on the left, but you would have had to take my position on the right, as I moved up one on the right. This wasn't my fault though, someone up the field spun out and rejoined, upsetting the grid order
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Oh, that wasn't me so. I was behind Chris, so I was the car straight ahead of you (red and white skin, yellow novice sticker :shy. IIRC, you were supposed to be on the left, but you would have had to take my position on the right, as I moved up one on the right. This wasn't my fault though, someone up the field spun out and rejoined, upsetting the grid order

And I was there on vent telling everyone the wrong side
Heh, I couldn't hear much on Vent over my uber loud FZR anyway. I did hear Dek (I think) shouting the right ones over you though

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG