Sebastien Bourdais
Timo Glock
Nelsinho Piquet
Giancarlo Fisichella
#51 - JJ72
no heIkki has pole.
#53 - aoun
What happened to Massa?
Ty, deggis, but it doesn't quite explain why Webber got first in the last session and still didn't get first.

It says that in Q1 6-7 cars are knocked out. Then Q2 same thing and then in Q3 there's ten cars which qualify and the fastest times count.

Does this mean that Webber got knocked out i Q1 or Q2 and then drove in Q3 and got the fastest laptime??? Why is he allowed to even drive?
Erm...

1 23 Heikki Kovalainen McLaren-Mercedes 1:21.049
2 10 Mark Webber Red Bull-Renault 1:21.554
3 1 Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari 1:21.706
Quote from evilpimp :Ty, deggis, but it doesn't quite explain why Webber got first in the last session and still didn't get first.

It says that in Q1 6-7 cars are knocked out. Then Q2 same thing and then in Q3 there's ten cars which qualify and the fastest times count.

Does this mean that Webber got knocked out i Q1 or Q2 and then drove in Q3 and got the fastest laptime??? Why is he allowed to even drive?

You obviously missed the very end of the session as Kovalainen was the last guy to set a time and ended up fastest right at the end!
Quote from aoun :What happened to Massa?

Spare car. He totalled his race car in practice. They've obviously had some issues getting the new one up to scratch. That or the crash knocked his confidence (not that likely, it's not like he's never had an off before) or maybe he's just fuelled heavy? Who knows, he set some very competitive times in practice.

As for Hamilton, personally I think he's over extending himself off the track too much. He's all over the media, going sailing, in adverts all over the place etc . If I were a complete newbie to F1, (as he is - despite what he or anyone else might think), I'd be focusing ALL my attention on achieving. Not acting like he's already a multiple world champion. It's only going to rebound on him IMO.
This is so great. I was already expecting a 1-2 for Finland in Quali, then I saw WEB on 1st, I literally shouted "WEBBER!?" out loud. Then I smiled.

Really good to see Heikki finally having success, he deserves it. Also Webber is not my most hated driver on the grid, so good for him too. Kimi 3rd, good, good.

Anyone know what happened to Massa? I heard he had problems, but exactly what problems? IMO there is no excuse finishing quali in 9th with Ferrari, even if they've been a bit out of pace this week-end. But technical problems is always bad for anyone.
Quote from Qurpiz :This is so great. I was already expecting a 1-2 for Finland in Quali, then I saw WEB on 1st, I literally shouted "WEBBER!?" out loud. Then I smiled.

Really good to see Heikki finally having success, he deserves it. Also Webber is not my most hated driver on the grid, so good for him too. Kimi 3rd, good, good.

Anyone know what happened to Massa? I heard he had problems, but exactly what problems? IMO there is no excuse finishing quali in 9th with Ferrari, even if they've been a bit out of pace this week-end. But technical problems is always bad for anyone.

There was a wheel nut problem so he couldn't do his final run.
Does anyone have a link to GP2 results? First race should be over, but can't find the results anywhere.
Have to feel little bad for Kubica who couldn't run at all in Q3 due to rear suspension problem.

Hamilton on the otherhand, I don't know what to think of it. 4th position ain't bad and I'm expecting him to have little bit more fuel than Heikki, but it's his inconsistency that's costing so much time. It could be all the PR stuff that is reflecting to his performance on the track.
Quote from Renku :Does anyone have a link to GP2 results? First race should be over, but can't find the results anywhere.

1 G. Pantano
2 L. Di Grassi
3 K. Chandhok
4 S. Buemi
5 R. Grosjean
6 B. Senna
7 A. Zuber
8 L. Filippi
9 J. D'Ambrosio
10 V. Petrov
11 R. Rodreguez
12 A. Soucek
13 J. Villa
14 M. Conway
15 Y. Buurman
16 A. Parente
17 D. Nunes
18 H. Tung
19 D. Valsecchi
20 M. Asmer
21 A. Valerio
22 A. Valles
23 M. Herck - Out
24 P. Maldonado - Out
Quote from count.bazley :You obviously missed the very end of the session as Kovalainen was the last guy to set a time and ended up fastest right at the end!

Maybe, I stopped looking after the session was over and Hamilton the line. So Webber is 2nd O_O Wow.
Poor qual by Massa, maybe because of traffic but, what a qual by Kovalainen and Webber. And Hamilton on 4th because next lap after that little offroading he was a little to carefull.
#65 - aoun
Quote from gezmoor :Spare car. He totalled his race car in practice. They've obviously had some issues getting the new one up to scratch. That or the crash knocked his confidence (not that likely, it's not like he's never had an off before) or maybe he's just fuelled heavy? Who knows, he set some very competitive times in practice.

As for Hamilton, personally I think he's over extending himself off the track too much. He's all over the media, going sailing, in adverts all over the place etc . If I were a complete newbie to F1, (as he is - despite what he or anyone else might think), I'd be focusing ALL my attention on achieving. Not acting like he's already a multiple world champion. It's only going to rebound on him IMO.

Thats peoples problems these days. They talk like they know whats best to do in F1 .... IF ... they WERE in it. Gez, directed at you and everyone who talks like that about Hammy.
So this is what webber had to say to those saying his on a light load: "I'm stopping on lap three and after that I will have a long race, so we will go from there," the 31-year-old grinned.
Anyway, it rained during the GP2 race, so wohooo to a great race!
Quote from bbman :Anyway, it rained during the GP2 race

So I guess that race was pretty chaotic?

Need to watch it then.
Track is quite wet at the moment, Porsche Supercup at progress. Many spins and crashes, SC out atm. It doesn't seem to rain more, though.
woohoo wet race
I'm calling it now.

Webber 1st
Vettel 2nd
Sutil 3rd

I hope it keeps on raining... this is gonna be great!
Race result:
1. Räikkönen
2. Kovalainen
3. Webber
Quote from Crommi : It could be all the PR stuff that is reflecting to his performance on the track.

Or it could just be that he's not as good as all the hype is making him out to be. Reminds me of something my drum tutor once told me (He was a well regarded pro session musician):

"You're only as good as the worst you play. Anyone can pull it together and excell for that one song, gig or session, but being truely good is about consistantly excelling".

Apply that to F1 drivers and it puts Hamilton in to perspective IMHO.

Formula 1 British 2008
(370 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG