Rubens Barrichello
Jenson Button
Adrian Sutil
Kazuki Nakajima
Sebastien Bourdais
Timo Glock
Nelsinho Piquet
Giancarlo Fisichella
I never said it was Kimi. I said that if Ferrari/Kimi hadn't cocked up the tyre/fuel strategy then Kimi would have been closer to Lewis than 66 seconds, if not ahead.
you are such a kimi fanboy . Even describing his crash into Sutil as a demonstration of superb car control. Kimi wasn't anywhere near Lewis. He span once, and had a big off as well as not matching his wet pace. At best he wopuld have been within 20 seconds... AT BEST if he drove a perfect race. The error with tyres did NOT cost him a lap of time.
Quote from Intrepid :you are such a kimi fanboy . Even describing his crash into Sutil as a demonstration of superb car control. Kimi wasn't anywhere near Lewis. He span once, and had a big off as well as not matching his wet pace. At best he wopuld have been within 20 seconds... AT BEST if he drove a perfect race. The error with tyres did NOT cost him a lap of time.

LOL @ Intrepid telling someone there a fanboy.

When you think about it, alot of these races have been won by brains not talent.
Intrepid, I support Hamilton, but you're ****ing retarded. Claiming that Tristan is "kimi fanboi" becuase he says it would have been a different race if Ferrari wasn't ****ing retarded in brain is a perfectly valid and true fact.
the tristan fanboys are coming out in force now Tristan you do know u actually have fanboys?
It's not so much "Tristan fanboys" as much as the "Intrepid is a ****ing idiot" club.
Quote from Intrepid :Kimi wasn't anywhere near Lewis. He span once, and had a big off as well as not matching his wet pace. At best he wopuld have been within 20 seconds... AT BEST if he drove a perfect race. The error with tyres did NOT cost him a lap of time.

Alonso was the other one who left the inters on and he fell back dramatically as well when the rain tipped it down. In the first stint Kimi came back at Hamilton and was within striking distance.

How do you know where Kimi would have been given half a chance on a set of inters with some tread left?
Quote from keiran :Alonso was the other one who left the inters on and he fell back dramatically as well when the rain tipped it down. In the first stint Kimi came back at Hamilton and was within striking distance.

How do you know where Kimi would have been given half a chance on a set of inters with some tread left?

but he didnt have inters with tread so thats the end of it to me, all this ifs and buts, stop spectulating on what could have happened, motosport isnt just about the driver its the team as well ,more so in f1, and the team ****ed up
Quote from dawesdust_12 :It's not so much "Tristan fanboys" as much as the "Intrepid is a ****ing idiot" club.

Nearly edited my signature with "Proud member of..." but thought better of it.

Quote from keiran :Alonso was the other one who left the inters on and he fell back dramatically as well when the rain tipped it down. In the first stint Kimi came back at Hamilton and was within striking distance.

To be fair though, Kimi had to come back at Hamilton when the track was drying, because Hamilton had pulled away in the wet. In the first stops Hamilton took on more fuel, and it started raining again, so it's not difficult to imagine that even if Kimi had fresh boots on, Hamilton would've just pulled away in those conditions like he did at the start, and would've stayed ahead at the second stop because he would've run a lap or two longer.

Anyway all this is moot. We could just as easily be arguing "what if" about Japan last year when McLaren didn't bring Hamilton in for tyres when they should've. He would've won the championship there but he didn't because of the team's iffy strategy, but nobody called Kimi lucky for winning it in Brazil.
exactly kev, and again last year in japan mclaren ****ed it up, it happens
Quote from dawesdust_12 :It's not so much "Tristan fanboys" as much as the "Intrepid is a ****ing idiot" club.

It is often said when someone is on the defensive, and knowingly talking rubbish they resort to personal attacks. I think we can confidently say this applies hear.

The true FACT was in WET conditions Kimi was no where near Hamilton. the fact that for 95% of the race was in wet full wet conditions mean Kimi had no chance of getting anywhere near Hamilton, even on the right strategy.

Kimi spun remember... I don't recall his team making the decision

"Kimi can u please turn you car backwards and nearly bin it into the barriers costing you all the points"

Kimi on his day can be ahead of everyone by miles... yesterday he was given a wet masterclass by Hamilton... thats an actual FACT
for once intrepid is talking sense and i agree with him
Quote from thisnameistaken :Anyway all this is moot. We could just as easily be arguing "what if" about Japan last year when McLaren didn't bring Hamilton in for tyres when they should've. He would've won the championship there but he didn't because of the team's iffy strategy, but nobody called Kimi lucky for winning it in Brazil.

Quote from james12s :exactly kev, and again last year in japan mclaren ****ed it up, it happens

China, (home of the worlds smallest gravel trap)

Lewis won the Japanese GP
Quote from Mazz4200 :China, (home of the worlds smallest gravel trap)

Lewis won the Japanese GP

China, Japan, same difference.

It's not like I'm going to upset any of our Chinese or Japanese racers by mixing them up. I mean, we don't get upset if people mistake us for the French, do we?
lol my mistake kevs fault, i though it was china but didnt want t look an idiot unfortunatly i copyied kev so i did lol
Quote from tristancliffe :I never said it was Kimi. I said that if Ferrari/Kimi hadn't cocked up the tyre/fuel strategy then Kimi would have been closer to Lewis than 66 seconds, if not ahead.

Quote from Intrepid :At best he wopuld have been within 20 seconds... AT BEST if he drove a perfect race. The error with tyres did NOT cost him a lap of time.

So you agree? And they did cost him a lap of time - he lost about 40 seconds on the track, and about 20 seconds making a second pitstop. This equates to 60 seconds, which is what he lost in that period alone. Then factor in traffic, a spin (Lewis went off too remember), and you see that Kimi would have been within 20 seconds of Lewis by the end, and quite possibly closer.

Quote from Intrepid :It is often said when someone is on the defensive, and knowingly talking rubbish they resort to personal attacks. I think we can confidently say this applies hear.

Being a short, illiterate fool does mean you get a lot of personal attacks, making you ideal at recognising this situation
Quote from Intrepid :The true FACT was in WET conditions Kimi was no where near Hamilton. the fact that for 95% of the race was in wet full wet conditions mean Kimi had no chance of getting anywhere near Hamilton, even on the right strategy.

Using capitals as frequently as you do makes you look silly. You don't know any facts, they are opinions. And the whole race was wet, so needless capitalisation. However, you'll find that the difference in lap times wasn't that far off. And remember - I've not said that it wasn't a good drive by Lewis, or that Kimi could have stolen the win. I'm just stating that Lewis' margin of victory wasn't as big as the final result suggested.
Quote from Intrepid :Kimi spun remember... I don't recall his team making the decision

Aha, resorting to silliness in an effort to divert attention. Lewis went off too - was that McLaren's decision?

You seem to think that each race, taken on it's own, proves Hamilton is exceptional. Yet nearly all his results this year suggest he isn't. The difference is, of course, I don't claim that Kimi, Heikki, Jenson, Fernando etc are exceptional, and neither am I a blind fanboy.

And having people agree with me doesn't make them Tristan fanboys. It makes them people not agreeing with you. Most of them actually.
All in all, the only thing I lament from this race was once again the lost opportunity for some good real racing action. Instead we once more got a good depiction of how inexperienced most of the grid is.

Except from 2 or 3 interesting passes (most notably Heidfeld's 2 and perhaps Raikkonen's over Alonso [mostly for Alonso's control of the slide after he was passed]) the deciding factor of the race was chance really (what with aquaplaning cars and people going off - some got lucky and avoided sandtraps, others didn't), and luckily for everyone there were only close-calls for collisions (some too close - like Bourdais[?] and Sutil or Webber's scary first lap peek-a-boo).
Wow, Dustin is banned.
Quote :Being a short, illiterate fool does mean you get a lot of personal attacks, making you ideal at recognising this situation

Quote :
Aha, resorting to silliness in an effort to divert attention.

not a slight hint of hypocrisy there! lol
tristan lewis did not spin, he got out of shape and tbh i think he did well to stop it spinning, he went onto some grass yes but he did not spin
"went off" doesn't equal "had a spin"
-
(hyntty) DELETED by hyntty
I was there. Was such a good race.been twice now. Went for the Practice, Quali and race day for 2 years running. Sad to see its moving to donnington in 2010. Pitty they moved the BMW Pit Stop Lane (Where you can interact with different things. Drive with lfs, change tyres on cars etC.) As i got there someone told me it had gone to the Trafford Centre for the weekend. Which is right near me.

O well, Bring on donnington, hope to go to the last race at silverstone next year

(PS. I shook hamiltons hand, and saw Barichello and Button face to face. Was well chuft )

Jambo
Anyone posted these yet?

Seen a clip of it.

The photographer was being very inconsiderate, stepping on Kimi's belongings just to take a photo of his face.

A bit of an over-reaction on Kimi's part, but not without reason.

Formula 1 British 2008
(370 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG