Rubens Barrichello
Jenson Button
Adrian Sutil
Kazuki Nakajima
Sebastien Bourdais
Timo Glock
Nelsinho Piquet
Giancarlo Fisichella
Quote from tinvek :don't forget how slippy donington gets when theres even a hint of rain

That's good

Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Great overtaking by Heidfeld and a great race, he got 2 cars in the same turn...twice!

It is starting to be a common move this season. First Alonso to Heikki and Kimi in Melbourne. Then Massa to Heikki and someone else?
And now Heidfield to Alonso and Heikki.

Heikki is always involved
Top drive in tricky conditions, but Mclaren took a stupid risk not putting the extreme wets on the car. If the Honda didn't have to pit then he could of won the race. I was screaming at Mclaren to put extreme wets on before Honda even made the call, yet they kept the standards on. They could of lapped the entire field and still made a stop later on to put the standards back on when it got dry again.

Great overtaking by Heidfeld and a great race, he got 2 cars in the same turn...twice!

I think they need to stop comparing Hamilton to Senna and start comparing him to Schumacher instead.
I agree QS, I was screaming at them, it was so stupid that decision. they would of gotten a 1,2 if they did that...
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :
I think they need to stop comparing Hamilton to Senna and start comparing him to Schumacher instead.

Yep, Senna was unique
Quote from AMB :

And this is to all the Hamilton Haters on here, Hamilton absolutely killed the rest of the field, amazing start, amazing pace,

couldnt have put it better myself.

big ego? bad attitude?

nope.....i see a nice guy with shedloads of talent

all you hamilton knockers, im coming round your place and tieing you to a chair then putting on a looped tape of this GP......might be back in a few days.

what a race..........superb!
I can't believe your commentators are comparing him to Senna lol. Suckers :P Our commentator doesnt . But I don't see Hamilton as an ass. I have a feeling many people have just been influenced into thinking he's an ass around here. No offence Toki but I really don't see how Hamilton was egoist.
Quote from AMB :right, then how come Raikonnen didn't spin as much as Massa? like you said, there's a difference between a bad driver (Massa) and a bad setup.

Massa wasn't exactly driving a well-balanced car. The thing understeered like hell on turn-ins, and oversteered everywhere else, this can very clearly be seen on the on-board footage. The shunt in practice just gave him a lesser package to drive with than anyone else.
Quote from Jertje :Massa wasn't exactly driving a well-balanced car. The thing understeered like hell on turn-ins, and oversteered everywhere else, this can very clearly be seen on the on-board footage...

bit like an LX6
You could see both Ferraris really struggling in last corner and there was good onboard replay of Massa's spin there, he was barely on throttle when backend just snapped out.
Superb drive from LH, people ask what makes him special well I think that nearly answers it, all the anti-fans of him who think there is nothing special I think you will need to take that drive into account.
Quote from mr grady :couldnt have put it better myself.

big ego? bad attitude?

nope.....i see a nice guy with shedloads of talent

all you hamilton knockers, im coming round your place and tieing you to a chair then putting on a looped tape of this GP......might be back in a few days.

what a race..........superb!

People that have hated on Hamilton have never said he sucks. He is good driver but his attitude has been... eh.
Quote from evilpimp :No offence Toki but I really don't see how Hamilton was egoist.

Maybe I am the only one who think this... I've heard lot's of my friends saying the same. I hate that he's mentioned everywhere as God and star... too much yet IMO. When I wrote that I was a but angry, because I don't like him... (since his crash with Räikko)

Quote from diablo21 :People that have hated on Hamilton have never said he sucks. He is good driver but his attitude has been... eh.

Yes, I don't like him, BUT only his attitude!! I know he's talented and fast, but his attitude ruins his talent I think.
Oh and Webber

YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!
I'm sure that guy has quite an interesting heart-rate and blood pressure at that particular moment.
Hamilton just dominated everybody. Obviously he's still a bit of a noob at times as we saw in Montreal and Magny Cours, but when the rain comes you can see what a talent he's got. Nice to see the crowd getting behind him too - I think this race will be a big psychological boost for him for the next few races.

He actually seemed quite humble in the press conference for a change, too. I think the recent backlash from the press has improved his "media face", he seemed to be more himself infront of the cameras.

Heidfeld was awesome, Barrichello was awesome, all three of them drove perfect races today. Great to see Barrichello doing his little clown routine on the podium again, and the crowd were cheering as loud for him as they were for Hamilton. Still a very popular driver.
thats a brilliant picture.

but it must have been as scary as hell seeing those cars coming towards him.

as for hamiltons attitude........where? i couldnt possibly call him smug or arrogant.

Main Entry:ar·ro·gance opWin(/cgi-bin/audio.pl?arroga01.wav=arrogance)" target="_blank">Pronunciation: \ˈer-ə-gən(t)s, ˈa-rə-\ Function:noun Date:14th century : an attitude of superiority manifested in an overbearing manner or in presumptuous claims or assumptions

perhaps you are confusing it with confidence, and i agree, he has a lot of that.
Quote from sam93 :Superb drive from LH, people ask what makes him special well I think that nearly answers it, all the anti-fans of him who think there is nothing special I think you will need to take that drive into account.

Why??

Honestly what was so special about that drive, that it made it unique in the 60 year history of Silverstone. Don't get me wrong it was a good drive, but if it was'nt for others going off left right centre and in some cases....mid air, then there would have been a closer race. Kimi's baffeling choice of keeping the tryes on at the pit stop cost them the race. And mind Rubbis car had fueling problems, who know how close he would have got to hamilton on those full wets.

As I said, it was a good drive to keep it on the track...but mind it was'nt a faultless drive, Lewis himself got caught out for a moment.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Why??

Honestly what was so special about that drive, that it made it unique in the 60 year history of Silverstone. Don't get me wrong it was a good drive, but if it was'nt for others going off left right centre and in some cases....mid air, then there would have been a closer race. Kimi's baffeling choice of keeping the tryes on at the pit stop cost them the race. And mind Rubbis car had fueling problems, who know how close he would have got to hamilton on those full wets.

As I said, it was a good drive to keep it on the track...but mind it was'nt a faultless drive, Lewis himself got caught out for a moment.

If Kimi or any other driver had done that you would be wetting yourself with excitement no doubt.

Kimi in drying conditions had teh pace of Hamilton on inters, but most of the race was wet, and NO ONE could lap within 2-3-4 seocnds of Hamilton on the same tyres.

Exactly what would you call a special drive. For a drvier to lap the field 8 times while driving in reverse gear, and reading the Sunday supplements.

All the drivers have had special drives, but today Hamilton was a step above everybody.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Honestly what was so special about that drive,

Were we watching different races? You don't finish a minute ahead of the competition by chance. When all the other cars are spinning, not spinning is indicative of a good drive.

I don't understand this attitude that when one driver wins it's through superiority, but when Hamilton does it, it's luck. Rikernun might've beaten him on fresh inters at the first stop, or he might not - who was fastest on fresh inters at the start of the race? And Lewis was fuelled longer after the first stop.
Madness at Silverstone I have no words
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Why??

Honestly what was so special about that drive

Seriously, what should i guy do ffs? He made NO mistakes while every other driver did at LEAST one... This is starting to get on my nerves, this jelaousy or whatever it is...
Quote from Boris Lozac :Seriously, what should i guy do ffs? He made NO mistakes while every other driver did at LEAST one... This is starting to get on my nerves, this jelaousy or whatever it is...

Well he didn't LAP the whole field... so you know... room for improvement and all that. Again, rather than being 3-6 seconds quicker than Kimi in the middle stint of the GP he coulda pushed for double figuers... maybe 10 woulda been better.

So all in all, a good drive, not special
Have to say, last season was good and this is even better. 3-way tie for the championship although I don't think Massa can hang in there until the end.
Nah, calm down guys!
It was odd today how Massa just went back to old Massa. booting it with the wheel not even near straight, no wonder he span so much.

Formula 1 British 2008
(370 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG