The online racing simulator
hi, love all the sounds so far, the manthley 911 and e type r sum of the best could u plz make a alfa romeo 8c engine sound for the fz5? wud b awesome!
thanks
Quote from C4R K1NG :hi, love all the sounds so far, the manthley 911 and e type r sum of the best could u plz make a alfa romeo 8c engine sound for the fz5? wud b awesome!
thanks

Quote from Deutschland2007 :He´s not back. He´s still on holiday.:hide:

Quote from Senninha25 :I bet that in some hours this thread will be showered with requests.

It's starting to
could you makea sound of you on another vacation just to rub it in these selfish people's faces
any F1 sound for the FBM ?

he's still on holidays.
Quote from Senninha25 :he's still on holidays.

I'm not really mate I was just joking around. I am just overloaded with hundreds of different engine sounds at the moment!
so.... gill... just a question...

do you have like a basic sound pack that makes the cars just... sound like they probably should?

Like that BF1 you got in the video... stuff like that, just a general sound pack for engines?

Cause i'd just like a replacement for all the sounds i got, and really don't want to look through 44 pages to find the "correct" ones.
Quote from Arsenic_Fox :so.... gill... just a question...

do you have like a basic sound pack that makes the cars just... sound like they probably should?

Like that BF1 you got in the video... stuff like that, just a general sound pack for engines?

Cause i'd just like a replacement for all the sounds i got, and really don't want to look through 44 pages to find the "correct" ones.

That is a very good question which I am glad you asked.

I am mostly requested sounds for engines that are completely different from the ones that are in LFS. This means that most of them sound totally unrealistic and quite a long way off what they sound like in real life. I would like to create a soundpack that is just a tweak on the originals to make them sound more life-like, but it takes me quite a long time because I use my own new recordings instead of using the default LFS ones. The recordings are very difficult to do, not only because I do not have very good equipment/software, but because LFS' sound system is very limited, so it is very very difficult to record something that will fit into LFS while still sounded realistic rather than silly.

I would rather wait until there is an update until I do anything more. I am praying that at some point in the future, the LFS sound model is changed or improved so that it becomes more open to what can be achieved, less limited to people wanting something a lot different.
Quote from Gills4life :That is a very good question which I am glad you asked.

I am mostly requested sounds for engines that are completely different from the ones that are in LFS. This means that most of them sound totally unrealistic and quite a long way off what they sound like in real life. I would like to create a soundpack that is just a tweak on the originals to make them sound more life-like, but it takes me quite a long time because I use my own new recordings instead of using the default LFS ones. The recordings are very difficult to do, not only because I do not have very good equipment/software, but because LFS' sound system is very limited, so it is very very difficult to record something that will fit into LFS while still sounded realistic rather than silly.

I would rather wait until there is an update until I do anything more. I am praying that at some point in the future, the LFS sound model is changed or improved so that it becomes more open to what can be achieved, less limited to people wanting something a lot different.

...buttt, if we all decide to request all of the cars realistic sounds in order in a do-able manner you will fill the requests...but after your vacation is over of corse
Very imformative! Realism should be the basis of the game to begin with, yes?

=) You should really be working for the LFS guys your sounds are really quite good (I really liked the sound of that BF1... sounded pretty close as far as i could tell, a few things here and there, but that's probably just LFS's sound architecture i would assume?)
Is there somewhere a pack that have the best sounds of gills4life.
Eng sound list on the first page do not have all the sounds he have made as far as I know. (FMB not here for example)
I went trough 30 pages of that thread downloading sounds but still there is no sounds for all cars I cant find sounds for formula 1 cars and i don't even know is the sounds i have are up to date or there is somewhere more recent versions of this eng sound.
I read this thread backward so i dl'ed sounds which where posted later but still "The best of" pack would be useful.
Also will it work with upcoming patch?
soz, but i cant find the download link for the bf1 v10 sound in the first post (the one in the video)
why do you want to download that sound?
Quote from huze5 :soz, but i cant find the download link for the bf1 v10 sound in the first post (the one in the video)

ohhh busted !!!!!
However, if someone has it, can he send it to me? via PM's so that cracker wont get it

I've requested the sound(link) a few months ago but no-ones answered
evo 10 greddy spectrum exhaust
please

Formula 1 sound for FBM

anybody?

regards
Thats a Sweet Evo sound ! i'll try my best on making it
Quote from pinoykid13 :we are just patiently waiting......

I am not employed to make sounds so you shouldn't wait on me to do something that I do in my spare time, and even when I do get spare time, why should I use it all up sitting infront of my computer making engine sounds for a game? If I was paid to do it then yeah, fine, but I am not and I have other things that I would rather be doing. I am not trying to be rude or disrespectful because I really enjoyed pleasing the community with new sounds. Maybe one day I will start doing it more regularly again. If the devs ever updated the sound engine for LFS then I am sure that would re-kindle the spark! I hope you understand.

Quote from Gills4life :I am not employed to make sounds so you shouldn't wait on me to do something that I do in my spare time, and even when I do get spare time, why should I use it all up sitting infront of my computer making engine sounds for a game? If I was paid to do it then yeah, fine, but I am not and I have other things that I would rather be doing. I am not trying to be rude or disrespectful because I really enjoyed pleasing the community with new sounds. Maybe one day I will start doing it more regularly again. If the devs ever updated the sound engine for LFS then I am sure that would re-kindle the spark! I hope you understand.

O....didn't know u didn't have time. I just think ur sounds are 20x better than the crap i make. (:
Quote from Gills4life :I am not employed to make sounds so you shouldn't wait on me to do something that I do in my spare time, and even when I do get spare time, why should I use it all up sitting infront of my computer making engine sounds for a game? If I was paid to do it then yeah, fine, but I am not and I have other things that I would rather be doing. I am not trying to be rude or disrespectful because I really enjoyed pleasing the community with new sounds. Maybe one day I will start doing it more regularly again. If the devs ever updated the sound engine for LFS then I am sure that would re-kindle the spark! I hope you understand.

Yes Yes, I agree, I was not trying to hurry you in any way, I was just simply pointing out that I would love to have that sound when you have to to make it, of course.

Gills' Sound Workshop
(1523 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG