The online racing simulator
Watched The Truman Show today. If you haven't watched it yet, do it as soon as you can. If you have, do it again sometime.
DWB : I saw Burn after Reading friday and I personally didn't like it too much. I won't spoil it for you guys though. I did laugh a couple of time, yes, but then it was all pointless and I don't necessarily recommend it to people.
Quote from evilpimp :DWB : I saw Burn after Reading friday and I personally didn't like it too much. I won't spoil it for you guys though. I did laugh a couple of time, yes, but then it was all pointless and I don't necessarily recommend it to people.

The pointlessness was kind of the point, I thought.

It's a screwball, idiot comedy. See: Pitt, Clooney, even Malkovich.
I Recommend Shattered, it's just an incredible film... mind game etc. lot's of action that movies should have...
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Big Tropic Thunder Rant

I often come out of movies thinking like this, and then I realise I was looking at it in the wrong light. It's like trying to take Death Race, or Shoot 'Em Up seriously. You just can't. They're idiotic movies, but that's why they're so bloody fantastic. I quite enjoyed Tropic Thunder, I found it quite funny and had a great time. Wasn't a great movie by any stretch - it had Ben Stiller in it, after all, and he's not that funny. But I did laugh quite a bit; mostly at the rediculousness of it.

Of course, you're entitled to your opinion. And yes, at the age of 24, you're an old man. I'm only 21 and I feel bloody old. Physically, too. haha

Quote from DeadWolfBones :Saw Burn After Reading earlier today. Not 100% enthused about it, but it was a good time in the theater.

Going to see this one with my girlfriend on Saturday... Looks like it'll be entertaining, although Pitt has done some pretty off movies. Hopefully this one proves to be one of his better ones (to me anyways, pants to what others think!).
Watched Bad Boys I and II. F***ing awesome stuff
Yep Seraphim Falls is fantastic! I love when I get surprised like this by movies...Didn't have any expectations what so ever and it had been years I hadn't seen a movie of this kind...
Quote from MAGGOT : It's like trying to take Death Race, or Shoot 'Em Up seriously.

I watched Death Race a few nights ago, It was a very tall story but I still enjoyed it. There is nothing wrong with a film being way over the top, its supposed to entertain and if your entertained the film has done what its supposed to do. I think documentaries are meant to be taken seriously, try one of those if serious is what you want! I can recommend the discovery channel!
Quote from Psysim :I watched Death Race a few nights ago, It was a very tall story but I still enjoyed it. There is nothing wrong with a film being way over the top, its supposed to entertain and if your entertained the film has done what its supposed to do. I think documentaries are meant to be taken seriously, try one of those if serious is what you want! I can recommend the discovery channel!

Oh I agree completely, I love Death Race and Shoot 'Em Up and Crank. Brilliant films.
Watched Pineapple Express last week. Was quite funny. I enjoyed it.

On wednesday I watched The Boy In The Striped Pajamas. It was very sad, but was a very good film.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Encounters at the End of the World

Beautiful, funny, strange movie (of course, it's a Werner Herzog film) about Antarctica and the people who live there.

You reminded me to watch all these herzog documentaries.

By the way, have you seen Gummo.

And could you tell what did you think of The Lord of The Rings (I presume you have seen these)

If I get answers I am looking for on these questions, I can be sure You have the best taste for movies I have seen.

About my own film watching, the latest I watched was Le Proffesionel. An ordinary movie at the beginning, but very extraordinary in the end, especcialy the 'À bout de souffle'-reference. Very beautiful.
Quote from MAGGOT :Oh I agree completely, I love Death Race and Shoot 'Em Up and Crank. Brilliant films.

Definitely enjoyed Death Race & Shoot 'Em Up.
Shoot em up was stoooopid with a capital STOOOO.

On the subject of stoooopid films, Doomsday, what a load of crapola.
Quote from Lible :You reminded me to watch all these herzog documentaries.

By the way, have you seen Gummo.

And could you tell what did you think of The Lord of The Rings (I presume you have seen these)

I've seen bits of Gummo, but I'm really not a fan of Korine. He shoots beautiful images but as a storyteller he's total crap IMO. I should probably give him more of a chance.

The Lord of the Rings movies are great spectacle movies, but they suffer a bit from slavish devotion to the books. They make some smart decisions in terms of things they leave out (i.e., Tom Bombadil), but overall they get a bit numbing toward the end.

Mostly amazing special effects and good character work, though. The first is the best of the three, even if it ends like 9 times (which is 9 less than the third one).
I think some people just assume because a movie is old and crap it must be a classic and therefore any newer version will be rubbish. When infact the original Death Race is a cheesy movie, with crap sped up chases and stunts, and the new version might actually make the concept watchable for more than 5 minutes. The best part of the old Death Race is the tyre sounds are taken from tarmac roads, but they are on dirt paths.

Anyway, I recently bought Street Kings on DVD, it was a predictable film, but enjoyable. The acting was pretty good, the action was good and the story is good. I would give it 3 out of 5, because it was quite good and worth a watch.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :I've seen bits of Gummo, but I'm really not a fan of Korine. He shoots beautiful images but as a storyteller he's total crap IMO. I should probably give him more of a chance.

Gummo really isn't something with a story really .
Quote from DeadWolfBones :
The Lord of the Rings movies are great spectacle movies, but they suffer a bit from slavish devotion to the books. They make some smart decisions in terms of things they leave out (i.e., Tom Bombadil), but overall they get a bit numbing toward the end.
Mostly amazing special effects and good character work, though. The first is the best of the three, even if it ends like 9 times (which is 9 less than the third one).

Seems I'll have to agree with you again, but I think they absolutely ruined the story with all the bits they added and removed.
Quote from danowat :Shoot em up was stoooopid with a capital STOOOO.

On the subject of stoooopid films, Doomsday, what a load of crapola.

I will agree, Doomsday was a big bit stupid, it was laughably stupid. In fact, if I could, I would get a refund on the couple of hours of my life that it consumed, however, it comically entertaining because the plot was amazingly rubbish.

Without bad film's the good ones would not impress us.... so.... YaY for bad films too.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I think some people just assume because a movie is old and crap it must be a classic and therefore any newer version will be rubbish. When infact the original Death Race is a cheesy movie, with crap sped up chases and stunts, and the new version might actually make the concept watchable for more than 5 minutes. The best part of the old Death Race is the tyre sounds are taken from tarmac roads, but they are on dirt paths.

Death race 2000 was laughable, and in no way was there anything classic about it, unless your talking about the classic Silvester Stallone. The new release Death Race is supposed to be based on the original movie, I personally think "inspired by" would be a better way to put it as the new release is nothing like the old movie. What happened to euthanasia day at the hospital? that bit was great!
Quote from danowat :Shoot em up was stoooopid with a capital STOOOO.

That's the point. It's entertainment on the lowest level, and, in my opinion, it was and is very, very entertaining.

Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I think some people just assume because a movie is old and crap it must be a classic and therefore any newer version will be rubbish. When infact the original Death Race is a cheesy movie, with crap sped up chases and stunts, and the new version might actually make the concept watchable for more than 5 minutes. The best part of the old Death Race is the tyre sounds are taken from tarmac roads, but they are on dirt paths.

I think the reason it became a classic is because the story was just so out there. It's a terrible, terrible movie and has over-the-top cheese, plot holes, and many, many inconsistencies (the points system is different in every scene, and it ultimately doesn't even count for anything in the end!) but it is immensely entertaining. As with Shoot 'Em Up, entertainment at the lowest level, and I loved it.

Quote from Psysim :Death race 2000 was laughable, and in no way was there anything classic about it, unless your talking about the classic Silvester Stallone. The new release Death Race is supposed to be based on the original movie, I personally think "inspired by" would be a better way to put it as the new release is nothing like the old movie. What happened to euthanasia day at the hospital? that bit was great!

While it is true that it is more "inspired by" than it is "based on," it has a couple key things, namely, the characters. Well, two of them, anyways. Machine Gun Joe, and Frankenstein. Remember, also, that Frankenstein, in the original, was a different driver all the time, too (as per the story).

That being said, I do wish the new movie was more like the original in that it was a race across the country. I was hoping for a Euthanasia Day The 'remake' was more a Running Man with cars than a Death Race.
Sick as it may sound, all I can say is... Yay for Euthanasia Day! Yeah, I forget about the characters being the same! I'm glad you see things my way, cheese and crap are entertaining and top quality comedy! Maybe if its not supposed to be cheese or crap it gets more entertaining and comical? Well done Silvester, you entertained me again with your cheese, it makes me think of demolition man where Wesley Snipes was almost as cheesy as Silvester.
Burn After Reading

Uhm... wow. Definitely not what I expected, but I found it to be very entertaining. Quite funny.
Rewatched Sunshine yesterday... Still found the atmosphere of the film gripping, the immensity (not a word?) of the sun is just amazing.. Im so glad I saw that movie in the movie theatre.. Seeing the sun on the big screen and that soundtrack 3>

Recommend a film you've seen lately.
(3163 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG