The online racing simulator
They'll be doing qualifying simulation laps from now on, I think. STR, RBR, and FI are starting to do their simulated runs.

Wow, Fisichella fastest! :eek:
Wow, Fisichella! I'm sure the car isn't actually capable of that time.
Hamilton starting his simulation run. This should get interesting.

[EDIT]

Alonso going out for his run.

[EDIT]

Alonso fastest again, followed by Rosberg, Vettel, Fisi, and Webber.

[EDIT]

Heidfeld floors it to the top of the time sheet!
Kubica 1st, Heidfeld 2nd.

BMW suprise at the end of practice, hiehie
Ferrari and McLaren look like they sandbagged their cars.

But what a result for BMW, RBR, and STR!
#31 - J.B.
Loving this. The cars actually look alive now. The more the drivers push the trickier it becomes.
These pictures really need quotes

Mark Webber does his best impression of a can of Red Bull.

Kovalainen shorty after being asked to spell his name without using google as a guide.
i am impressed by Button's pace =D
3-4 minutes left. I'm very excited. Finally we will see +/- how much strength each team has.
F1 has become totally DORIFTO, I freakin' hate it

not really

I bet you wouldn't see this kind of sliding with proper slicks?
Kimi out!
Ferrari really have lost that bullet proof reliability, could it screw up their season? At least this time poor little Massa didn't get the problem. How crazy does those BMW's look, they look mental in a kind of alien way with those wierd wings on the nose. The cars look great sliding around, Hamilton for pole.

Oh dear Webber!

Its great to have the OOOHHHFFFFF! moments back in F1. Everytime a car steps out I make an involuntary grunt, something I usually save for every single corner of a MotoGP race.
Quote from deggis :F1 has become totally DORIFTO, I freakin' hate it

not really

I bet you wouldn't see this kind of sliding with proper slicks?

You can't drift an F1 car

EDIT: it would look quite great if they used slightly less grippy harder tires so they could hang out the tail and not wear the tires as quickly as they probably do now
BMW just 0,1 behind McLaren with a mistake on 1 corner exit. I'm starting to think BMW can really be competive this year. Oh I can't wait for qual part 3.

Also too bad that Kimi is out
I used to cheer whenever a Ferrari broke down, but these days they don't dominate and I kind of like Kimi so it does suck that his car let him down. But you know whats awesome? We get to see him charge through the pack in the race!

BMW on the front row, they pulled that one out of the bag didn't they. Hamilton vs Kubica, yummy.
ATC Quicksilver: True. When Ferrari driver started from the back the race was always fun to watch. Lots of passes.

It also looks like Kubica could take his first pole position in career. Mad exit on grass/dirt on 1 corner and still 2nd time.

Bmw looks suprisingly strong.
Exciting quali
actually im hoping that Kimi or Kubica will win :P,Kubica showed some pretty fast times

and its good that they took TC off F1 cars,drivers need some more skills
Indeed. The end was intense with kubica sliping and still getting first. Then Hamilton beating him RIGHT after :P Really nice
I was like "Dang if its not Kimi then Kubica!!!!!" and...
Really enjoyed that...

Shame about Kimi though, but rather chuffed Alonso didn't make it into the top ten

It looks like Kubica was running light, but i think he's still got a chance of a podium.

And man these cars look fun to drive. Should be a cracking season.

But, this running the last section of the Qualy with race fuel is stupid, just imagine the problems it's gonna cause at Monaco..
Too bad Vettlel had some problems, could have been surprisingly good result if he had been able to run in the last split. Great stuff
#49 - SamH
Great quali!

I blame Ferrari's flunk, preliminarily, on arrogance. Strikes me that when you've had all morning to prepare for a quali session, farting about casually in your garage well into a qualifying session smacks of complacency. They left Kimi without enough time to address any issues during the session, and I think they let themselves down as a result. I remember Button doing something similar, once upon a time, and getting pulled into the weigh-bridge, leaving him without enough time to get a flying lap in.
Race starts at 12:30 am tomorow

I'll prolly watch the start n thats it... sucks..

But yeah was a nice quali.

Melbourne GP *Spoilers*
(336 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG