The online racing simulator
I disagree Rosberg had a great drive tbh. Good, but not great. He wasn't faster than Kovalainen, who should have been at p3. He (Kov) got buttseckzored by the SC quite properly. Also, Nico Rosberg is German to me. He's had the chance to be either a German or a Finnish national, and he didn't choose Finland.
He's German in F1 as he has a German racing licence. If I were to go to (say) Australia and get a (continuing the example) CAMS racing licence, it would say that I am from Australia - regardless of the fact that I'm British.

Nico himself is dual nationality, it's just that he has a DMSB licence rather than one from AKK.
Nice race, tried to wake up at 330am for the programme starting but for some reason I didn't get up till 4.45am so I missed the first 8 laps...

Really exiting race and it's great to see the drivers actually having to drive the car, couldn't beleive Kimi though, his mistakes surprised me.

Good old Coulthard gave us something to laugh at with his "colourfull" language about Massa's pass..... I don't know why Massa was trying to get alongside there anyway, even if he had room he would have been on the outside for the slight kink left down the straight, then he'd still not be infront of DC. I saw him doing some dives like that to other drivers but he was getting most of the way past by the apex, quite silly to try and overtake there.

Good to see Sato still has his fighting spirit in him...
Haven't seen any of it yet, only the results, but...

Yay! Williams are better again! One of the few remaining "proper" (independent) teams in F1, it's great to see them setting at the front of the midfield.
Not that i particularly care, but Nico Rosberg's mother is German, he was born in Germany, grew up in Germany, Spain and Monaco, he's fluent in German, French, English and Italian, knows only little Finnish, claims he feels more German than Finnish and races under the German flag with a German racing license. I'd say that makes him much more German than Finnish (even though he does have both nationalities, afaik).
This was one hell of a race! Grats for Hamilton!! Kimi made too many mistakes...he won't have a chance if he continues these mistakes...
I think Mclaren will be happy they didn't use any Ferrari data to build their cars.
Kimi will sort it out for Malayasia where I expect him to win, however his fitness is a concern. His mistakes stank of lack of fitness. Those aren't mistakes of someone who has 100% concentration. Just look at Hamilton when he gets out of the cockpit... not a beAd a bleedin' SWEAT!
Almost certainly you mean a loss/lack of focus. Between worrying about a car that failed in qualifying, starting back of the pack, passing 12 cars in the opening laps.... Yes, he made mistakes, but lack of fitness is a farce and complete conjecture.

Hamilton gets the race handed to him without any form of adversity (predominately because of Kimi's qualifying woes), and you're making it out to be one of the all-time great drives?

As for not having a drop of sweat, you probabbly couldn't be more wrong. He almost certainly got to towel off before we saw his face, it was 100 degrees outside, and if truely was sweat-less it could have only meant he was completely dehydrated.

Anyone else notice the position/angle of Ruben's head going down the front straight?
Ahhahahaha! I only watched the first 15 mins and thank god only that!
BTW in my opinion Ferrari still won the race
Wow, Hamilton had it handed to him, but i guess he deserves it for being one of the few that could keep the car together.
Hamilton put in a very solid performance. I don't think anyone could seriously doubt that. He qualified first, had a very good start and made absolutely no mistakes throughout the race as far as I could tell. So, in which way exactly was it handed to him?
Ferrari #1 Kimi dropping out after Q1 and having your teamate put on a conservative strategy = pretty much handed.
Yeah your Right guys he's crap. If he had'nt driven the fastest/been on pole/made 0 mistakes he would have never won.
Quote from Linsen :Hamilton put in a very solid performance. I don't think anyone could seriously doubt that. He qualified first, had a very good start and made absolutely no mistakes throughout the race as far as I could tell. So, in which way exactly was it handed to him?

Somebody was hacking the timing screens to put in all those purple splits and lap times.
Hello, all I said is he had a solid error-free drive devoid of any form of adverse conditions.

It was a good showing for him, yes. Did it show that he's the greatest racecar driver in the world, I don't think so.
Ok we all know hamilton is good, but lets face it when you have the quickest car on track and your major rival way down the grid, it isn't something special that you win, he didn't have to push really hard, for a formula 1 driver it would be epic fail if he can throw that away.

Alain Prost put it right, nowadays if you can provide a winning car, more than 10 drivers on the grid can get a win.

Nothing against hamilton but today is far from his greatest drives (just think Fuji last year)
I'm not even a big Hamilton fan (I was happy to see a Williams finish 3rd though) but I'd like to see him win this year's championship just to piss some of you people off.
Yay! Kimi got a point! Oh yeah Oh yeah! xD

Dumb mistakes worth a point.
Quote from srdsprinter :Hello, all I said is he had a solid error-free drive devoid of any form of adverse conditions.

It was a good showing for him, yes. Did it show that he's the greatest racecar driver in the world, I don't think so.

To this I agree. But I don't think it equals having the race handed to you. That's where we obviously disagree.
Quote from srdsprinter :Anyone else notice the position/angle of Ruben's head going down the front straight?

Yes, I definitely noticed this, although I was too sleepy to make a mental note to ask about it. Perhaps the race was a bit hard on his neck?
Quote from Jertje :Yes, I definitely noticed this, although I was too sleepy to make a mental note to ask about it. Perhaps the race was a bit hard on his neck?

He spent most of the race looking in his mirrors, so he was probably just saving his neck and keeping it at that angle.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :He spent most of the race looking in his mirrors, so he was probably just saving his neck and keeping it at that angle.

That's what I was thinking when Kimi was hounding him, but even after that he kept doing it. It just looked peculiar.
You can only be better than the people you beat. If it was an easy victory it means that everyone else, in one way or another, simply were not good enough. That's all. He was never really put under any pressure, so his pace through the race isn't necessarily indicative of his potential. You can't draw any conclusions. Schumacher would have won in the same way and been complemented for a professional performance, he got the job done.

Anyhoo, great opening race in my opinion. The cars are spectacular for reasons besides simply being breathtakingly fast now, and there were some heated battles going on.
Hamilton was flawless today. He didn't allow himself to be in a position of pressure, that's the key. He stepped above (even though he is in a top 2 car) !

Kimi though..... He could have easily bagged himself some points today (luckily he broke down to save face). For a man who won the championship by only 1 point he didn't seem concentrated.

Melbourne GP *Spoilers*
(336 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG