The online racing simulator
I watched the 3 minutes highlight clip on the ITV website (finally a more bearable length for F1 races ). There didn't really seem to be much of a race, Hamilton just driving laps whilst everybody else drove into each other. Rather crap start to the season
Quote from srdsprinter :That's what I was thinking when Kimi was hounding him, but even after that he kept doing it. It just looked peculiar.

It's usually for airflow into the airbox, I believe. Maybe the Honda engine is affected more than the others by thin/hot air?
Quote from Linsen :Not that i particularly care, but Nico Rosberg's mother is German, he was born in Germany, grew up in Germany, Spain and Monaco, he's fluent in German, French, English and Italian, knows only little Finnish, claims he feels more German than Finnish and races under the German flag with a German racing license. I'd say that makes him much more German than Finnish (even though he does have both nationalities, afaik).

Why are you evil Germans stealing all our Rosbergs :weeping: Nico's under german flag and now Keke is at Premiere. Could we at least limit it to one Rosberg per country?
Quote from ajp71 :I watched the 3 minutes highlight clip on the ITV website (finally a more bearable length for F1 races ). There didn't really seem to be much of a race, Hamilton just driving laps whilst everybody else drove into each other. Rather crap start to the season

P1 wasnt interesting, but the race was fantastic, so much drama and so many spills. It reminded me why I love F1.

Hamilton was "job done" out there, which is all i've got to say on that debate.
Quote from ajp71 :I watched the 3 minutes highlight clip on the ITV website (finally a more bearable length for F1 races ). There didn't really seem to be much of a race, Hamilton just driving laps whilst everybody else drove into each other. Rather crap start to the season

it kept me wondering if i accidentally tuned into some amateur formula series... you know something along the lines of what tristan drives in
Yeah, I thought something similar to that. Great to watch, wasn't it
Quote from Shotglass :it kept me wondering if i accidentally tuned into some amateur formula series... you know something along the lines of what tristan drives in

They tend to have far higher driving standards (in terms of contact and silly crashes) than F1 on a good day. I wondered if the BTCC drivers club got into the wrong cars after a pub crawl
i did consider referencing to the btcc but from how i remember the race most drivers took themself out (kimi... twice, massa in t1, glock, that guy we stole from the finns who went off before the race even started) instead of crashing into each other
I have reservations about the new ECU, a joint effort by McFez and Microsoft..

BSOD at 300kmh anyone?

Good to see Kovi can and will take it to LH (if ron lets him of course)

Bourdais , so close to getting fourth place using the Steven Bradbury method.Bloody Fez engines!

Can someone that lives in the U.K go around to James Allen's house and kick him fair in the nuts, ffs that man is a goose..
That was clearly Coulthard's fault, but swearing is funny nonetheless.
Don't think the highlight showed much of Alonso, which was a joy to watch, really aggressive and visibly on it, love the way he keep hitting dirts on every corner exit and still maintaining speed.
Quote from Intrepid :
Kimi though..... He could have easily bagged himself some points today (luckily he broke down to save face). For a man who won the championship by only 1 point he didn't seem concentrated.

I believe he may have retired to avoid having to take another qualifying pentalty next race. His engine was dying badly, and if he had finished, he'd only have gotten a couple more points. But then next week he'd undoubtedly need a new engine, 10 spot qualy pentalty putting him in the same situation he was this week. DNF = No pentalty for engine change.
Quote from srdsprinter :I believe he may have retired to avoid having to take another qualifying pentalty next race. His engine was dying badly, and if he had finished, he'd only have gotten a couple more points. But then next week he'd undoubtedly need a new engine, 10 spot qualy pentalty putting him in the same situation he was this week. DNF = No pentalty for engine change.

Maybe that happened, and damn that engine sound was horrible
Quote from Shotglass :he does come up with some mean 1 liners
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... vjQGI&feature=related

f1 clearly needs more drivers like david and kimi that show some attitude in interviews

My favourite was... either last year or the year before in Hungary. Louise commented that it was unseasonably cold weather and asked if it had affected his weekend, he said "Well obviously I prefer it when you're wearing a T-shirt".
Quote from srdsprinter :I believe he may have retired to avoid having to take another qualifying pentalty next race. His engine was dying badly, and if he had finished, he'd only have gotten a couple more points. But then next week he'd undoubtedly need a new engine, 10 spot qualy pentalty putting him in the same situation he was this week. DNF = No pentalty for engine change.

everyone is given a free engine change this season, so he wouldn't need to worry about 10 spot penalty...

but what I don't know is if he DNFed and changed his engine, would that count towards that free engine change~
Quote from JCTK :what I don't know is if he DNFed and changed his engine, would that count towards that free engine change~

I think like most rules in F1, it depends what colour his car is.
Quote from JCTK :everyone is given a free engine change this season, so he wouldn't need to worry about 10 spot penalty...

but what I don't know is if he DNFed and changed his engine, would that count towards that free engine change~

From what I picked up on from the itv commentators, engine changes do cost you a 10 second grid penalty, I don't know how long the engines need to last but the gearboxes were said to have to do 4 races.

They spoke of Kimis choices when his engine went sour and contemplated on whether he would preffer a couple of points or drop out now and have a fresh engine for the next race.
Quote from Bawbag :From what I picked up on from the itv commentators, engine changes do cost you a 10 second grid penalty, I don't know how long the engines need to last but the gearboxes were said to have to do 4 races.

They spoke of Kimis choices when his engine went sour and contemplated on whether he would preffer a couple of points or drop out now and have a fresh engine for the next race.

the engine need to last 2 races... otherwise it's a 10 place grid penalty...

but there is a small change to that this season, is that every driver are allowed ONE "unexpected" engine change (when the engine hasn't lasted 2 races) which would not incur any penalties...
Quote from JCTK :the engine need to last 2 races... otherwise it's a 10 place grid penalty...

but there is a small change to that this season, is that every driver are allowed ONE "unexpected" engine change (when the engine hasn't lasted 2 races) which would not incur any penalties...

Ahh, I see, never heard the commentators talking about this, I guess it's still the same though, probarly best to keep this engine change in his pocket, than waste it for a couple of points he would have got anyway.
Quote from Bawbag :Ahh, I see, never heard the commentators talking about this, I guess it's still the same though, probarly best to keep this engine change in his pocket, than waste it for a couple of points he would have got anyway.

especially after seeing Rubens car exited the pit with a red light on~ it's probably worth the gamble~
and at least we know who Kimi really should thanks if he win it by a point again this season~
Enjoyed the race yesterday, but i fear one thing..and fear it allot.

The manufacturers wont be happy if every race has half of their pampered drivers spin out. Too bad for their precious image.
So they will hold a few anal meetings and go talk to Max and Bernie.
Midway through the season Max or Bernie suggest it's much too dangerous without TC and propose a rulechange for 2009.
Before we know it all teams agree to use TC again and we are back to the boredom of the last few years.

Really hope the (good) drivers disagree loudly enough and the fans riot too so it doesn't happen..but if the manufacturers agree on it and get support from the FIA it will be hard to stop them.

But technically Kimi didn´t retire? He completed enough laps to be classified and get points.

Melbourne GP *Spoilers*
(336 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG