Richard Burns Rally
None of them are really realistic.
Grand Prix Legends (2004)
NASCAR Racing 2003
R-Factor
The Papyrus games
GTR2
The ISI games
Quote from richo :Better to talk about other sims than the usual complaining (me included) about how long LFS is taking and what cars/tracks we would like in S3....

NFS IS SHIT MAENZ THE CARBON FIBRE LOOKS FAKEZOR!

\ends attempt at humor

/\/\4|\|,D0|\|'7 $P34|< L337 3|\|9L1$|-| 1Ph j00Z (4|\|'7..571(|< 70 |\|0r/\/\4L 3|\|9L1$|-|
If you can understand this,your now the master of Elite English.

Need For Speed UG2 is by far,the best racing simulator out there.

1 L0\/3 |\|33D Ph0r $P33D U|\|D3r9r0U|\|D 2

/end of elite english talk
Quote from AMB :Whoever voted for NFSU is an idiot!

you don't know anything about simulators, NFS is much more realistic ricing simulator. i cant believe people are voting for LFS, they must be mistaken
Nice one Gabkicks! (anyone would think you were Touring Mars....)
403 for NFS, haha Guess what I voted for, well looking at the NFS positive feedback I just could not resist it - although I've played just about every game but NFS.

I could give a good opinion about almost every game.

But being as it would be a complete waste of time - I won't

Entertaining thread though
Gotta say guys I purchased Rfactor the other day. Really liked the idea of being able to download tracks such as 'Brands Hatch' and 'Nurburgring' and also additional cars such as BMW, Clio's, Trucks etc. However.....................

The gameplay is no-where near that as good as LFS. LFS is by far the most realistic sim I have played. Rfactor is good but I would rate that as a game and not a sim. Thge realism isn't quite the same :-(
Quote from ben_kennedy :Gotta say guys I purchased Rfactor the other day. Really liked the idea of being able to download tracks such as 'Brands Hatch' and 'Nurburgring' and also additional cars such as BMW, Clio's, Trucks etc. However.....................

The gameplay is no-where near that as good as LFS. LFS is by far the most realistic sim I have played. Rfactor is good but I would rate that as a game and not a sim. Thge realism isn't quite the same :-(

Try the Sauber BMW in rFactor and the same car in LFS - tell me which is best.
"Best" is entirely subjective and depends on what priorities you set. RF is in many ways imitating real racing better than LFS, so on an IMO shallow basis the immersion can be higher or rather lets say an immersed feeling can be quicker achieved. Though if you base what's good and what not on physical correctness or at least coherency, then rF will leave you wondering WTF just happened very very often, destroying any of the immersion it might have created.

If LFS had as much attention invested on the surrounding immersive things as it does on its core physics model, there would be no questions asked.
Can you elaborate a little more android? I've only tried rFactor once. The only thing that I thought added to the immersion was the damage model.
Oh there's many little things... damage, race setup, cockpits, brake squeal, setup options, etcpp. NKP for example also like no other somehow manages to convey that you're driving a mechanical thing, as opposed to LFS which is rather sterile and arcade in some ways. It's kinda hard to pinpoint, more like a general overall feeling.

If I had to name one thing, it would probably be the lack of proper consequence to bad driving, i.e. damage. I think implementing that would (hopefully) lead to a big change in how people drive, which is currently the biggest immersion killer in LFS (kerb hopping anyone?). Second to that would probably be setups being restricted to real life constraints, removing another good chunk of weirdness and semi-exploits.
Well at least there are two things very unrealistic in LFS.

Damage and Setups.

Both miles away from good and real.
Things which needs really to improve soon i think, or i will loose fun with this game.
Quote from CobraDrifter :/\/\4|\|,D0|\|'7 $P34|< L337 3|\|9L1$|-| 1Ph j00Z (4|\|'7..571(|< 70 |\|0r/\/\4L 3|\|9L1$|-|

Man, don't speak leet english if jooz can't stick to normal english

1 L0\/3 |\|33D Ph0r $P33D U|\|D3r9r0U|\|D 2

I love Need for speed underground 2

/end of elite english talk

lol it took me a while
Quote from SpaceMarineITA :lol it took me a while

How could anyone actually understand that?
I had no chance, even if I looked on it for a while
POLYRACER - I will do fella. What would you say is best???

I have to admit the damage could be alot better in LFS. The tinyest of knocks to the wall and the car is flipping in the sky LOL. I think the setups are very good though.
What impresses me most with LFS is the fact it's not finished.
Quote from Klutch :I voted for NFS.

It CLEARLY has the most realistic physics out of them all.

wait.. WHAT?! if so, then NFS's cars are apperently made of plantnum because they barely get CRUSHED!! and they must be very heavy too, because they BARELY COME OFF THE GROUND!! :lfs: clearly destroys the compitition
Thanks for bumping an useless 3/4 year old thread/poll...
Quote from VoiD :Thanks for bumping an useless 3/4 year old thread/poll...

Especially when he did not get the sarcasm
iracing, what else?
Need For Speed Underground 2 411 59.05%

I voted for GPL, nothing's come along that's anywhere near as good.
Life v2 Final is quite realistic, and stable too.
haha 411 votes for NFS underground 2
NFS Underground 2 beats all hands down. I don't know why i'm even wasting time with this amateur game LFS when theres NFSU2 out there. Realism is NFSU2's second name. Especially when you press the nitro and hear a sound like an aircraft engine going full throttle.
Waaa, Underground 2 was my fave street racing game. Why can't EA just make a third version? Instead, they make a choppy hollywood scene racing game wanabee.
I still think the Outroun game on the Arcade thingies in the game halls was the most realistic sim EVER.
Quote from Polyracer :Try the Sauber BMW in rFactor and the same car in LFS - tell me which is best.

The BMW Sauber in LFS is best.

Drive it with TC off in LFS, then TC off in rFactor.

Most realistic racing simulator?
(358 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG