Richard Burns Rally
None of them are really realistic.
Grand Prix Legends (2004)
NASCAR Racing 2003
R-Factor
The Papyrus games
GTR2
The ISI games
Quote from tristancliffe :Handling - not like a real car, either at low or high speeds, and the tyre modelling is appalling, even with months of work on the curves. It is flawed at the most basic level.

Sound - Sounds GREAT for 30 seconds. Then you realise you hear the same sample all the time, and can hear different samples fading in and out. Doesn't help your driving.

Graphics - More cartoony than Finding Nemo, and needs a great computer to get acceptable frame rates.

Menus - Slow and blingy. Ideal for teenagers.

Netcode - Slow, laggy, buggy and no better than Crammond's GP2 really

The major fault in GTR2 is the tyre curves. As all racing/driving is about the tyres interaction with the road this is a rather big flaw. The driving experience was improved over GTR1 by making all the curves unrealistic and arcadey, rather than fixing the underlying code.

Okay fair enough! Thanks for the detailed explanation.
LFS GPL 2004 and RBR for me,although GTR2 is good but not enough
Guys, can we please stop voting for NFS now?

It was funny when it was 1 or 2 votes, but 18 is no longer funny or original.
Quote from Ikaponthus :Guys, can we please stop voting for NFS now?It was funny when it was 1 or 2 votes, but 18 is no longer funny or original.

The poll was a failure from the start so it doesn't matter..
WTF???????? NFSU2 has 19 votes? Realistic? Goood
I count 20
Quote from Töki (HUN) :WTF???????? NFSU2 has 19 votes? Realistic? Goood

WTH!!!

In my opninion Lfs and Richard burns rallly and etnhusia proficional racing (note al af them are award winning sims)
Anyone who takes this completely worthless poll serious = fail.
No NetKar Pro in the poll?

I cant vote if you leave the most realistic sim off the list.

Need for Speed Underground beating Papyrus sims and RBR? This community is going downhill fast
lol @the nfs:u votes
Quote from ORION :lol @the nfs:u votes

hmm, but it's the right way to show how useless this poll is
Quote from three_jump :hmm, but it's the right way to show how useless this poll is

You got that wright

Snother suelees thread made by possible idiot( or is he not)
^ If anyone wants a good example of irony, here is one ^
There's a lot of needless abuse flying around on this forum.

Sim-drivers are in some ways just like real drivers I suppose. Think they know it all, are the best at everything and have no qualms about labelling everyone a "fuggen idiot" while they're safe in their car or behind their computer. Different story when you actually come face to face with them.

What's the abuse for guys? Chill out and relax. Don't take it so seriously.
Quote from Ikaponthus : Don't take it so seriously.

We cant take it seriously.

You produce a poll without all the current race sims in it. A pointless poll at that, in the main LFS site. You wont get a balanced view here will you?

Then we find out the community is even more full of ricers than we thought possible.

A sad end to a sad thread
Quote from The Moose :We cant take it seriously.

You produce a poll without all the current race sims in it. A pointless poll at that, in the main LFS site. You wont get a balanced view here will you?

Then we find out the community is even more full of ricers than we thought possible.

I'm pretty sure people just voted for NFS just because this is a BS poll to begin with.
Quote from UncleBenny :I'm pretty sure people just voted for NFS just because this is a BS poll to begin with.

I pretty sure you're correct, but i couldn't miss a chance to have a dig a Ricers , could I
Quote from The Moose :We cant take it seriously.

Okay that's fair enough.

Look, I just thought the poll would be a bit of fun, bias yes, but still some fun. And to some extent it is!

I seriously hope the NFS votes are jokes though!

All I'm saying is I've been here for one day and it seems 50% of this forum seem to have the mentality that posting here is some kind of macho penis-measuring competition. It AINT! And if it was, I'd probably win!

So everyone just play nice, mkay?
Those who voted for NFS are either joking or are complete idiots
Quote from Ikaponthus :50% of this forum seem to have the mentality that posting here is some kind of macho penis-measuring competition. It AINT! And if it was, I'd probably win!

Oh yeah? It's a well known fact that Demo racers have tiny penises.

Quote from Ikaponthus : So everyone just play nice, mkay?

You think this is rough? Just wait until Tristan really gets hold of you....
I wanted to vote but Ridge Racer 1 (for ps1) isn't on the list, so I just voted for all of the options.
"Whooo! That was a great counter- you must be one genius of a driver, you gotta teach me!". No self respecting sim should be without an o.t.t announcer shouting that at you repeatedly.
i voted for NFS bcuz its by far the most realistic drifting game !
nah just joking, but i did vote NFS ^^
-
(AndroidXP) DELETED by AndroidXP
ROFL 27 people voted NFSU2 ROFL

Someone is taking the micky of this poll.

Considering that you asked in the LFS forum I wonder what insight you would gain from asking here? People who view this forum are mostly LFS players and they are going to be playing LFS because of the realistic environment which would include the racing bit.
NFS:U physics ueber alles.

/Edit - And as mentioned, putting this poll here is not the most accurate form of polling. Which is why only NFS gets my vote. :P

Most realistic racing simulator?
(358 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG