Richard Burns Rally
None of them are really realistic.
Grand Prix Legends (2004)
NASCAR Racing 2003
R-Factor
The Papyrus games
GTR2
The ISI games
Quote from adulterated :LMAO Xaotic...so you like to pick fights with personal attacks?

Actually, I respect Technique more than I do you. Judging from his reg date and the number of posts he has made he is quite hardly the forum troll you are and neither of us has resorted to childish personal attacks. Oh, and this is hardly a web ARGUMENT but merely a volatile debate.

I meet stupid people daily, you are one of em having seen that you offer nothing of value to contribute here and probably to the rest of society and your family.

KEEP ON TROLLLLIN YOU BEEYOTCH! HAHAH!

Good job on not resorting to personal attacks.
Actually, I was just pointing out, in the context of MAME emulations which was brought up, that your whole argument (as in the statement you made, not as in "argument, to discuss conflicting points of view") is based on ad hoc rationalisation.

My second statement was indeed a bait, merely there in anticipation of your lack of understanding what was being said to you, which you've just proved was the case.

And thus my 5 minutes of arguing are up, you'll have to pay another 10 pounds at the reception if you desire any further arguing.
Need For Speed underground 2.....I can do 150 degreez drift at 300 KM/H in it and continue like nothing happened!
#79 - wien
Quote from adulterated :Console and PC games have yet to amount to these arcade masterpieces. Therefore arcade sims own consoles and PC's.

Haha, now I just know you're flamebaiting. It's like being back in the early nineties when Nintendo and Sega were duking it out amongst the rabid fans, and arcade machines actually were the powerful and esoteric pieces of hardware you try to make them out to be. Good one.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Do you have some video or some informations how complex was the Physics simulation of that Ferrari game?? I drove lots of those games in arcades and they were all rubish, interesting just because you are "inside the car" but the physics were uber crap.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=n2X1-DNaISo

adultrated, I did look into Race Drivin' and it does have a lot of firsts for racing simulators.

1st 3d polygon driving sim
1st game to use FF wheel
It also had a clutch and shifter.
The person responsible for the car modeling is supposedly one of the best in the world
The game holds 3 simulator related patents

That said, I found this quote on the same site:
"Despite claiming to be a real driving simulator, there were a lot of discrepancies between the game's software physics and the car physics on screen. However, the cockpit physics were considered very accurate at the time."

p.s. I might be a troll too. My join date says March 04 but I just bought an S2 license and became active again around christmas/new years I actually started in 02 when the forums were at race sim central so I have no idea where the march 04 date is from..
Quote from wien :Haha, now I just know you're flamebaiting. It's like being back in the early nineties when Nintendo and Sega were duking it out amongst the rabid fans, and arcade machines actually were the powerful and esoteric pieces of hardware you try to make them out to be. Good one.

Next up: Amiga vs PC with a possible "how cool Amiga would be if it was still around" sideshow attraction.
Hmm. I accidentally voted 120 times for LFS. Could a mod move those votes to NFSU? Must have been that astronomical error or something...

I'm soo sorry
(in before the lock)
Why was this one left out of the poll?

hnr.wmv
Quote from adulterated :I meet stupid people daily, you are one of em having seen that you offer nothing of value to contribute here and probably to the rest of society and your family.

KEEP ON TROLLLLIN YOU BEEYOTCH! HAHAH!

Man, where did this guy come from?

What a great addition to the forums
i say lfs and rbr on the list,nfs? its not a sim,it was a good game in its time,it was fun but nothing more..
Quote from adulterated :HAHA yeah your modern PC's are quite fast.....yet none of them are as complex or powerful enough to otherwise emulate the arcade hardware itself.

Take note in how I say "emulate the arcade hardware itself" were not talking about mame or software. Your right this isn't about modern emulation and MAME itself, but the ability of your PC to emulate the arcade hardware itself. Which it can't.

emulate = equal or match

So, if your modern PC isn't capable of being (EMULATING) equal or matching the performance of the arcade hardware itself, the arcade hardware is indeed more powerful and complex than your modern PC.

PERIOD!

Your old arcade box has NOWHERE NEAR the power of your basic modern pc. Emulation requires putting an extra layer of calls to every single thing the original software does. The quality of performance of this is heavily dependent on how well the emulator was made in the first place, and you lose MASSIVE quantities of power attempting to emulate extremely non-standard hardware (think multiples of 10 etc., why you still don't have viable ps2 emulators). Comparing performance between native and emulated platforms is complete apples and oranges. Now, if this arcade game was programmed natively for the pc, a modern computer would just laugh at it.

What you're telling us right now, is that big corporations would've been better off buying this arcade box than a massive super computer of the time (computer farm even). I don't think the corporations thought of it this way.

/Edit - Interesting that Doug Milliken helped them with the physics, my book on racing vehicle dynamics was written by him and his brother. But, still, even with his help they're only implementing the same style of physics that LFS uses, but with much lower speed/accuracy.
Quote from Ikaponthus :I wish I didn't put NFS in the poll.

It was a joke supposed to illustrate how bad those games physics are but everyone is voting for it.

yeah, and you are missing GT5 too...
I just voted for lfs..
No other to vote
Quote from adulterated :Actually F355 Challenge and Race Drivin arcade versions both are better than LFS. That isn't to say LFS is good. But the physics in those games were just better. Oh and if you think the stunt track loops in the Hard Drivin and Race Drivin series are way beyond reality then check out this video that will show you otherwise.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zs6rUOduWd4

With more speed and a bigger loop it could be done just like it is in the Race Drivin simulator. I'm not so sure about the Corkscrew on the super stunt track though.

The most realistic racing simulator for PC obviously goes to LFS. But the most realistic racing simulator for any system whether console/arcade/pc goes to the arcade versions of F355 Challenge and Race Drivin.

Don't be absurd!! You can download an arcade emulator (MAME32) and the Race Drivin' ROM and play it on your PC! The game is about 1MB I think.

I'm sure once you play it again you will realise it is NOT realistic in the slightest!!

lol.
Quote from hypnolobster :How on earth is need for speed second?

I know, it's ridiculous. Especially when we all know that GT4 was the best driving sim ever, and it doesn't even appear in the poll
Quote from adulterated :I'm glad to provide a response and identify trolls for whom they are.

Too bad you haven't identified yourself yet.
Clicked in each box to increase my winning chances but still got nothing... did someone get the jackpot already?
Quote from Ikaponthus :Don't be absurd!! You can download an arcade emulator (MAME32) and the Race Drivin' ROM and play it on your PC! The game is about 1MB I think.

I'm sure once you play it again you will realise it is NOT realistic in the slightest!!

lol.

Doh! I didn't think to check his basic facts, no one can be that baseless in their arguments.
#95 - wien
Quote from rcpilot :Doh! I didn't think to check his basic facts, no one can be that baseless in their arguments.

This... is... the INTERNEEEEEETS!
#96 - col
Most realistic racing simulator ?
NFS owns LFS in this department. NFS is an actual disk in a realistic plastic box on my actual shelf! IT'S REAL, you can't get much more REAL! LFS on the other hand is just a bunch of electrical signals - sure, I could make up some packaging for it, but its still not the same.

Arcade games like WEC Le Mans rule though - with them, you get to sit in a seat in a thing that looks a damn sight more like a race car than my cheapo office chair does.... and WEC Le Mans spins around when you crash - so its way more realistic (assuming you don't have some fancy pants hardware rig - in which case you're cheatin' anyway). And of course these old machines have custom hardware for simulation - no general purpose PC crap with just some 'code', you get actual REAL chips! - there's an extra level of concrete reality of simulator for you !
Roflmao.

Need For Speed Underground 2 54
Quote from tristancliffe :LFS, GPL, NR2003 and Papyrus sims. All ISI games are crap.

To a mod: I missed the box for GPL - can you add one please (then remove this request so more don't get added by subsequent mods).

RACE 07 isn't there either. My limited experience of it is that its ok. Not the same level of realism than LFS of course but fun anyway.
Race07 = ISI/SimBin game, using the same crappy physics engine.

Most realistic racing simulator?
(358 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG