The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from EliteAti :So there is an absolute need to make another purchase(s) in order to continue getting up in classes after rookie?

Yes.

Quote from MadCat360 :iPlacebo. I remember not too long ago, people started loving the SRF. They said it was easier to drive, closer races, etc, etc, etc. and called attention to a "secret update". iRacing responded that it wasn't changed and everything went back to normal. People do this with every update.

Until there is actual evidence it's hearsay. I didn't notice a difference. Admittedly, I don't drive it much any more.

To add, David Tucker had this to say about the supposed secret updates:

Quote :There where thousands of changes made in the last 3 months. We have a detailed database of all the changes, but it would take a week to investigate every one of them. With that said, I doubt that we have secretly updated the tires across the board. (Just for reference, 80% of our updates are usually in the graphics models)

We did improve the diff, and the clutch (launch/shift). And tweaked the car physics on several vehicles. What ones of those overlap with your vehicle I do not know.

I would like to think the FFB updates can account for everything, but I don't think so. However, I did notice that the new steering lock helps a lot when catching a slide. Without it the wheel tends to over-rotate so it takes the FFB motors (and your hands) longer to reverse directions when it is time to counter-steer.

The same can be said for the min force setting (eating up the slop around zero). The wheel tended to jump from no FFB to overreacting before, and now it gives a more smooth application of force. That helps keep the wheel pointed in the right direction in a slide. And the linear force does a good job of keeping the wheel from getting overly exited with the small forces (minimizes the oscillations).

The diff updates he talks about were for the detroit lockers on the stock cars.

So no, there was no secret magic physics update, and the force feedback is all you're feeling.

I went out and did some sliding tests in the Skippy and Caddy and they still accelerate into the spin when countersteering same as they always have since the NTM. The new FFB is helping some drivers get on top of those moments quicker.

What did get fixed was the added weight transfer when all four wheels were locked but the throttle was pressed. That section of the 2 foot mash is no longer borked. But the 2 foot mash still works if you don't lock all four tires, which is the way most people do it anyway.
Quote from MadCat360 :Yes.

No? You can get at least to C in road on standard content and I think you can maybe get to even B on ovals (what class is the new SS series?)

EDIT: But yeah you can't get to A on standard content :P

EDIT 2: Hmm seems you can only get to D oval on standard content. I swear on the forum they've been going on about how you can get to B on standard content. Stupid Americans.
Quote from J@tko :No? You can get at least to C in road on standard content and I think you can maybe get to even B on ovals (what class is the new SS series?)

EDIT 2: Hmm seems you can only get to D oval on standard content. I swear on the forum they've been going on about how you can get to B on standard content. Stupid Americans.

It can be done, run the rookie series until your SR is over 4.0 D, then run the C class SS series until your SR is B 4.0, then you can run A class.
Quote from J@tko :No? You can get at least to C in road on standard content and I think you can maybe get to even B on ovals (what class is the new SS series?)

Step 1: Get to D 4.0
Step 2: Find a week where Street Stock C is at a free track
Step 3: Time trail that sonofabitch
Step 4: Repeat once class C
Step 5: ????
Step 6: SUDDENLY PROFIT
Suddenly profit or suddenly bankrupt?
Quote from JackDaMaster :Step 1: Get to D 4.0
Step 2: Find a week where Street Stock C is at a free track
Step 3: Time trail that sonofabitch
Step 4: Repeat once class C
Step 5: ????
Step 6: SUDDENLY PROFIT

Win.
So, I got the 6 month Caddy offer, so if you want, add me: Martin C Kapal
Oo, your wife has a nice name....
Quote from Flame CZE :So, I got the 6 month Caddy offer, so if you want, add me: Iveta Kapalova yes, that is my mother's name, I already requested name change :P

You dont have own CC?
Starting to get back into this game, kinda fun after not playing games these days.

add: Christopher M Aoun

(Cant get rid of the initial!! :/)
Montreal is probably the best bit of news I've heard from iRacing.
Quote from Flame CZE :Nope

I got that changed

Does winning a Series' Time Trial standings do anything for you, because I'm winning the Rookie Street Stock Time Trial standings for season 3 right now, by alot actually (9 points)..
Quote from Cornys :I got that changed

You probably got lucky on the support person. I got this reply:

"No, unfortunately although numbers do get added automatically in our system if someone signs up with a duplicate name, we can not manually add numbers at the end of names."
Why would you want a number added to your name? Surely you want them to change your name to Martin Kapal, no? Its pretty standard for them to do that.
Quote from IsaacPrice :Why would you want a number added to your name? Surely you want them to change your name to Martin Kapal, no? Its pretty standard for them to do that.

I already do have an account "Martin Kapal", that's the problem.
Quote from Flame CZE :I already do have an account "Martin Kapal", that's the problem.

that is the big problem
Quote from Flame CZE :I already do have an account "Martin Kapal", that's the problem.

Do you have a middle name? You could have like Martin F Kapal?
1) Change Martin Kapal to some random name.
2) Change your account with your mother's name to your name.
3) Profit.
Doesn't work like that PoVo, I tried that. I ended up having my nickname on iRacing.
Im lovin ir right now, biggest road block is i cabt afford the content i want... Subscription fee isnt a problem just the content fee...
Well you have two rookie series in both oval and road running on free content, with the Cadillac also available if you used their promotion. Plus the Street Stock class C series which runs on 6 free tracks, and the GTC and SRF series that run on 2 and 5 free tracks respectively. If you know where you want to go then you can buy the minimum amount (hell you can go to class A in oval without buying anything!).
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG