The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
in other words the new iracing tyre model is currently as good as netkars?
iRacing has died. QA event fail.
Quote from anttt69 :iRacing has died. QA event fail.

Some say... we will get our 5$ then anyway for putting efford in it and showing once again the servers are rubbish!
LOL I want monyez, I had registered for teh sessionz!
OMG! They killed Kenny!
Quote from baSh0r :Some say... we will get our 5$ then anyway for putting efford in it and showing once again the servers are rubbish!

I sure hope so. I wanted the credits!
bet they won't give anything to those that couldn't even register for the race

still that's the point of these tests, to find problems so end result is probably good
I think it was the 600+ of us finishing a qualifying and clicking 'results' that did it. They need to adopt more stagger into how people connect with the servers and databases, although it's easy for me to say that I guess.
Once i get a pole
Quote from tinvek :bet they won't give anything to those that couldn't even register for the race

Can't be sure about that, but you're probably right.

On the flip side, if you managed to enter (I got in at just after half past when there were about 400 onboard) and the race "goes ahead" when the constipation clears, anyone who isn't around will lose iR.

Hopefully they'll just vape the session though.... assuming they can find the session among the melted down control rods and sea water sprayed in panic.
OMG GUIS, stop hitting F5!!! lol
Nice internal server error.

Just as the big event was about to start.
That's kinda the point, Chris. This was a test.
But I was looking forward to it
Well there goes my 3 dollars of credits.
hope this helps a lot for the future, but can't help feeling they should have worked up to this by picking a quieter night to hold a test first and then build the numbers up, i'm guessing there's going to be a lot of complaints about peoples' saturday racing being spoilt
Quote from tinvek :h can't help feeling they should have worked up to this by picking a quieter night to hold a test first and then build the numbers up, i'm guessing there's going to be a lot of complaints about peoples' saturday racing being spoilt

Damn right. I wasnt interested in the QA race, but its totally screwed my nights racing. Not happy.
New race time: 4:45 EST.
hmmm i might just be able to get into it before i run out of the door to go to work
Quote from tinvek :hmmm i might just be able to get into it before i run out of the door to go to work

:-) That's what I was thinking too. The daft things we do for this hobby, eh?

I can't see how they'll magic up the kind of resources required in such a short time though. The expected loads must have been planned for but exceeded considerably.
what's annoying is i completely altered my schedule for this, normally on a sat i'll watch Dr who with son then go to bed for a couple of hours before work, tonight i skipped dr who and slept early just to look at a server error.
Race will go off at 4:45pm ET.
We have collected some good data that will
help us going forward. We now want to test
the actual join process. We will open the site
just before the race begins.

Thank you for the help.

9:45 BST, let's see if this one crashes aswell. The only reason they eventually ran the 500 is because people got scunnered and lightened the load on the servers. Bit of a daft idea for a QA test.
They had almost 600 when I last checked, the Daytona 500 event this year had splits of 43 with well over 10-15 splits so somehow their performance has gone backwards
The race is meant to go ahead in 15 minutes, and the site is still down for maintenance. That doesn't make any sense, why don't they reschedule it for half 10 or something?
Quote from boothy :They had almost 600 when I last checked, the Daytona 500 event this year had splits of 43 with well over 10-15 splits so somehow their performance has gone backwards

especially since they were looking for 2000+ judging by the $5 credit figure
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG