The online racing simulator
Quote from Intrepid :so what some of you guys are sayin... if I don't win the race... I can have free reign cheat and even 'hack' LFS....

No, we're not McLaren.
Quote from Albieg :No, we're not McLaren.

think we know who really won the constructors title this year dont we.....
Yes, Ferrari. That's the name you'll find in the annals.
If I hacked LFS and gave my car 10hp more... people would be called for me to be banned...AND RIGHTLY SO!!!!!!

Let's say 'Intrepid' (me the one everyone lieks to hate) was caught hacking... are you seriously suggesting you would support my cause... I THINK NOT!

I don't support hackers, or cheats!!! Doesn't matter who win WDC atm.... if BMW have cheated.. they have cheated... should be excluded...end off...
Quote from sam93 :No, I just think he deserves to win it, not because people are going to or maybe being disqualified, I think he has been doing the best this year.

Raikkonen had six wins, Hamilton and Alonso each had four wins, Massa had three. How do you figure that Hamilton has been the best this year?

A lot of people will be very angry if they gift this championship to Hamilton by penalising BMW and Williams. If the FIA had any integrity or any consideration for consistency then they would have to exclude them from the results, but in this case I doubt they will. The backlash would be huge.
@ Albeig, Ahhhh i see. We've got the ITV highlights in ten mins or so, so i guess i'll be tuning in to that. {edit} I agree with you on the James Allen comment too.

@ TaylorMania, LOL, thats really funny

I do like Kimi, and it would be really sad if he lost the championship this way, but, if other teams have been cheating, then....?

I've been an avid F1 fan since 1979, and quite honestly i've never known a season like it, it's been nothing short of bizarre this year
One thing: why would BMW or Williams even bother trying to cheat? It's not like they could still win anything...
Quote from Intrepid :
Let's say 'Intrepid' (me the one everyone lieks to hate) was caught hacking... are you seriously suggesting you would support my cause... I THINK NOT!

I personally don't support your cause, and judging from what I saw few people do. But I'm not talking about cheating, you know, that's a silly argument. The fact that you refer to something obvious as a comparison doesn't mean that you're seeing the whole truth.
Sounds like the Brazil fuel incident with Benetton/Williams in 1994 ... so I guess, it will not affect the drivers championship.
I guess someone messed up with the ambient temperature measurements by accident...you know, it happens.

But I've always wanted to visit Paris, maybe this gives another reason for that.

Don't really want to over react to this yet. Let's see.
Alonso, is talking about that in a spaniard radio station, he say that it's preatty common that teams use frozen fuel, the rules say that the fuel can't be more than 10 degrees Celsius less than the air temperature.
Alonso said that in almost every race there are teams that are 11-12 degrees under and nothing happens.
He said that if Kimi is stripped from the title it would be a joke and the dead of Formula 1.

I totally agree
lol of course he would say that... !
Quote from Gil07 :Oh FFS. It'll be the stupidest thing ever if they get DSQed. Not that the FIA have any credibility to lose, but still

If the FIA disqualifies cars for technical infringements, which is what you'd normally expect I can't really see how that is a bad reflection on the FIA, if they didn't disqualify them it would be a different matter

Quote from StewartFisher :
If the data is being logged by the teams then you'd expect there to be some sort of system for keeping the temperatures within 10°C of ambient.

Fuel chillers are banned under the rules, and a fuel heater would be a completely useless thing to have adding weight and making packaging difficult, I doubt the teams have a fuel temperature sensor, or if they do it will be used for other telemetry and engine management, not to check if they're legal in a race at least because there's bugger all they can do.
For me what BMW and Williams have done is gained an unfair advantage... what I would call cheating... and what you could call in sim sense HACKING!!!

whats the difference guys?????
Quote from Intrepid :lol of course he would say that... !

Do you really want that Lewis wins his first title this way? You dont want him to win it in fair and proper way later in the future? I wouldn't want anybody to win championship that way :/
Quote from ajp71 :Fuel chillers are banned under the rules, and a fuel heater would be a completely useless thing to have adding weight and making packaging difficult, I doubt the teams have a fuel temperature sensor, or if they do it will be used for other telemetry and engine management, not to check if they're legal in a race at least because there's bugger all they can do.

I was referring to the fuel before it gets put into the car Once it's in the car there's nothing you can do, but the teams must control the temperature of the fuel going into the car. It was common practice during the turbo era (after the FIA limited fuel tank volumes) for teams to chill the fuel before putting it into the car. It would seem from the Alonso quotation that this is still happening.
Quote from Intrepid :For me what BMW and Williams have done is gained an unfair advantage... what I would call cheating... and what you could call in sim sense HACKING!!!

The guys didn't knew about that? Just like in that stupid spying scandal where Hamilton didn't knew nothing.. Do you think his points should be ripped off now?
Quote from Intrepid :For me what BMW and Williams have done is gained an unfair advantage... what I would call cheating... and what you could call in sim sense HACKING!!!

Try to be objective. McLaren was extremely lucky. Don't forget it. And what was done by McLaren was immensely worse. End the argument, please. If it falls on wise ears, it falls on deaf ears.
JUst give them some fines. Doen't mess with the points.
Quote from Hawku :Do you really want that Lewis wins his first title this way? You dont want him to win it in fair and proper way later in the future? I wouldn't want anybody to win championship that way :/

no of course not

but when someone cheats, they cheat... it's that simple... BMW and Williams have cheated, or had an illegal car run in the GP...

so if the fia knew that those cars would be running illegally before the race they would not have been allowed to start the race....

how come they would be able to complete it?
Quote from thisnameistaken :
A lot of people will be very angry if they gift this championship to Hamilton by penalising BMW and Williams. If the FIA had any integrity or any consideration for consistency then they would have to exclude them from the results, but in this case I doubt they will. The backlash would be huge.

If they have found illegal cars they should act upon it irrespective of whether it changes the world championship or disqualifies the last place man, it doesn't matter if F1 is going to have any credibility as a sport it has to act fairly, and if the FIA is to keep any credibility it has to do what it needs to regardless of the implications.

Quote from Hawku :
Alonso said that in almost every race there are teams that are 11-12 degrees under and nothing happens.

Yes but he would say anything to knock Hamilton atm wouldn't he?
Quote from Intrepid :no of course not

but when someone cheats, they cheat... it's that simple... BMW and Williams have cheated, or had an illegal car run in the GP...

so if the fia knew that those cars would be running illegally before the race they would not have been allowed to start the race....

how come they would be able to complete it?

You can apply that same thing to that spying scandal too
If you really think bmw and williams should be disqualified you should think same thing about mclaren as well then
Quote from ajp71 :If they have found illegal cars they should act upon it irrespective of whether it changes the world championship or disqualifies the last place man, it doesn't matter if F1 is going to have any credibility as a sport it has to act fairly, and if the FIA is to keep any credibility it has to do what it needs to regardless of the implications.

Yes but he would say anything to knock Hamilton atm wouldn't he?

here here
Quote from Hawku :You can apply that same thing to that spying scandal too
If you really think bmw and williams should be disqualified you should think same thing about mclaren as well then

maybe we can think about it in the same way... i didn't totally deny this.

but we can';t somehow put aside cheating today because of SpyGate. That is just ridiculous!
Quote from ajp71 :If they have found illegal cars they should act upon it irrespective of whether it changes the world championship or disqualifies the last place man, it doesn't matter if F1 is going to have any credibility as a sport it has to act fairly, and if the FIA is to keep any credibility it has to do what it needs to regardless of the implications.

Just like they did with Hamilton, Sato and Button on Friday, then?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG