The online racing simulator
OK ASK YOURSELF THIS

If you were running in a league... The LFS WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP let;s say... imagine if there was one

and a team let's say hacked into the system and managed to somehow gain an advantage. You are driver who finished behind them and it cost you the title...

would you be calling for their exclusion.... ??? OR JUST DOCKED TEAM POINTS.... I THINK NOT!

considering how much you lot detest hacking (as I do) then surely there is NO ARGUMENT HERE!

what happens if the hack didn't make a difference to the final result... say you were too far behind... oh please!!! like it would make one bit of a difference!

The WDC shouldn't be decided liek this but if someone has hacked the system... basically what cheating is... then they have to be punished!
LOL Alan. Hamilton has been running a McFerrari chassis all year, shouldn't he not score points?
Quote from Gil07 :LOL Alan. Hamilton has been running a McFerrari chassis all year, shouldn't he not score points?

:ices_rofl

(and I seldom use smileys)
And as close back as Friday you could break the rules for as cheap as $15000... Whuthappend?
Quote :and a team let's say hacked into the system and managed to somehow gain an advantage. You are driver who finished behind them and it cost you the title...

I don't think the governing body of the Sim League would bother with it tbh, I would be furious of course ,but the people cheating didn't win, so it didn't mean shit, if they won, then sure, it would be a BIG problem. But Hamilton already screwed up his race, and he needs to learn from it. For him to just get the championship without learning anything or teaching anyone else about mistakes and life just would be a real shame and he would continue to be annoyingly arrogant.

Quote from Albieg :I could provide more posts about Ferrari being slagged much more badly. Justice, sometimes, is no more than a point of view. So are kicks in the arse.

That made me Laugh ALOT Alberto, thanks for that
Quote from BlueFlame :but Aoun, like everyone will agree, you can't NOT like Kimi, he doesn't say any stupid things, do any stupid things, he just seems like a nice guy, who is DAMN fast.

he's says nothing does nothing, ppl call him ice man cos he's cool under pressure?? no he's just dull,
Quote from Gil07 :LOL Alan. Hamilton has been running a McFerrari chassis all year, shouldn't he not score points?

That's a different issue. We should be looking at the one in hand.

You can't go... we shouldn't punish them because of a past decision..

Quote :OK we won't black flag that driver because it's a really nice bloke!

it don;t work like that.... Stepneygate is a different issue. If the FIA don't punish BMW on the basis of wehat happened at Stepneygate then they would be imposing penalties above what they said.

i don;t recall part of McLarens punishment that teh FIA would consider other cheating cases and if McLaren can gain an advantage from punishment of another team they would eb pardoned... I didn't read that part
Sweet Jesus, when do the FIA test the temperature of the cars' fuel?

Is that a standard test? If it is, it's gotta be like #89 on the check-list. Could this test have been done like 2 hours after the race.... bizzare...
Quote from jfgcatalan :And as close back as Friday you could break the rules for as cheap as $15000... Whuthappend?

FIA wonderboy didn't win
Quote from BlueFlame :I don't think the governing body of the Sim League would bother with it tbh, I would be furious of course ,but the people cheating didn't win, so it didn't mean shit, if they won, then sure, it would be a BIG problem. But Hamilton already screwed up his race, and he needs to learn from it. For him to just get the championship without learning anything or teaching anyone else about mistakes and life just would be a real shame and he would continue to be annoyingly arrogant.

That made me Laugh ALOT Alberto, thanks for that

so if YOU fnished in the same position as Hamilton and some guys in front HACKED and cost you the title you would be fine..... YH RIGHT... I KNOW i WOULD GO F'IN MENTAL!
Quote from BlueFlame :I don't think the governing body of the Sim League would bother with it tbh, I would be furious of course ,but the people cheating didn't win, so it didn't mean shit, if they won, then sure, it would be a BIG problem. But Hamilton already screwed up his race, and he needs to learn from it. For him to just get the championship without learning anything or teaching anyone else about mistakes and life just would be a real shame and he would continue to be annoyingly arrogant.

and what if lewis had won the race by a technical infringment?? for him to lose the championship because sombody else broke the rulse isnt fair ethier take you hamilton hating head out your arse and stop talking bollox
Quote from Intrepid :so if YOU fnished in the same position as Hamilton and some guys in front HACKED and cost you the title you would be fine..... YH RIGHT... I KNOW i WOULD GO F'IN MENTAL!

No, I was saying I would be pissed, but I don't think the organisers of the League would do anything. Especially as it gifted someone else the championship when the cheaters in question didn't win anyway.
Quote from axus :Depends on which of their previous decisions the FIA decide to be consistent with.

Quote from sam93 :It will make my day if LH gets it, he deserves it I think

I think Bernie made it pretty clear he didn't want Hamilton to win, I think this is the general feeling of the F1 paddock, with the exception of course of McLaren and sponsors, it would be just to embarrassing for a rookie to win the title, despite the fact he's the reason for a huge resurgence of interest in F1, I suppose the TV plot was for it to go down to the line in the last round with ideally not Hamilton winning so it can be exciting when he does next year without totally discrediting the double world champion.

Quote from Intrepid :Hamilton on Barrichellio... lol I thought those types of 'karting' moves don't work in single seaters... nuff said guys... nuff said!!! seriously nuff said....

Had Barrichello been racing Hamilton it would have ended in the gravel trap. Barrichello clearly saw Hamilton coming, knew he would do a silly move and pulled over to let him through knowing that otherwise he would be taken out. Hamilton probably didn't weigh up the risk of that move and if he didn't have nothing to loose and a world title to win he probably wouldn't even have seriously considered it.
Quote from andybarsblade :and what if lewis had won the race by a technical infringment?? for him to lose the championship because sombody else broke the rulse isnt fair ethier take you hamilton hating head out your arse and stop talking bollox

It's not about the Championship 'winner' being under scrutiny, it is about funnily enough the 3 cars infront of Hamilton who by the way, DIDN'T win the Race being under scrutiny for some lame excuse of a..... well another excuse.
Oh FFS. It'll be the stupidest thing ever if they get DSQed. Not that the FIA have any credibility to lose, but still
Quote from BlueFlame :It's not about the Championship 'winner' being under scrutiny, it is about funnily enough the 3 cars infront of Hamilton who by the way, DIDN'T win the Race being under scrutiny for some lame excuse of a..... well another excuse.

who cares where they finished if they cheated the should be punished..... 1st or last
Quote from srdsprinter :Sweet Jesus, when do the FIA test the temperature of the cars' fuel?

Is that a standard test? If it is, it's gotta be like #89 on the check-list. Could this test have been done like 2 hours after the race.... bizzare...

Seeing as they're comparing the ambient temp to the temp of the fuel, the longer they leave it the more likely it is to pass the test.
Well it has been said they have been found guilty now just have to come up with a penalty and I say disqualify them, then we can see what ferrari say then lol.
Quote from BlueFlame :It's not about the Championship 'winner' being under scrutiny, it is about funnily enough the 3 cars infront of Hamilton who by the way, DIDN'T win the Race being under scrutiny for some lame excuse of a..... well another excuse.

I generally don't like conspiracies, but there are people hinting at a selective whistleblower, who just pointed his finger at some cars. The paddock shares this sensation too, and it's generally in a bad mood (except for McLaren, of course).

I have no data to confirm this, however it's rather curious.
Quote from Jakg :Seeing as they're comparing the ambient temp to the temp of the fuel, the longer they leave it the more likely it is to pass the test.

The latest Autosport article claims that the fuel was too cold at the time of the Williams/BMW pit stops. Quite how the FIA have managed to get hold of that data without the teams being aware of the temperature problems at the time I'm not sure.

If the data is being logged by the teams then you'd expect there to be some sort of system for keeping the temperatures within 10°C of ambient.
Quote from BlueFlame :I don't think the governing body of the Sim League would bother with it tbh, I would be furious of course ,but the people cheating didn't win, so it didn't mean shit, if they won, then sure, it would be a BIG problem.

Well it's a huge issue, if a driver doesn't win the championship because he was beaten by two illegal cars then how is it any different to being beaten by an illegal car I can't understand your logic.

Quote from Clownpaint :Ironic that it happens to be the 3 cars separating Hamilton and Alonso that are under investigation. Even more bizarre that the Williams ahead of Hamilton would be involved, but the one behind not.

The second Williams was too cold on the first pitstop, but not on the second, why that isn't a problem I don't know.

Quote from srdsprinter :Sweet Jesus, when do the FIA test the temperature of the cars' fuel?

Well there's a huge potential advantage to be had from doing it so I can understand it's a worthwhile test. From what I've gathered from the news articles a sample is taken at each pitstop, which has to be within 10 degrees of the ambient temperature. My guess is then that the teams put the fuel into the car as cool as they can within rules and for whatever reason these teams got caught out by it.
Quote from Albieg :I generally don't like conspiracies, but there are people hinting at a selective whistleblower, who just pointed his finger at some cars. The paddock shares this sensation too, and it's generally in a bad mood (except for McLaren, of course).

I have no data to confirm this, however it's rather curious.

Where are you getting this information from ?
so what some of you guys are sayin... if I don't win the race... I can have free reign cheat and even 'hack' LFS....

JESUS.... what a load of bull..

You would be HAPPY for someone to hack LFS as long as they didn't win... come second and out perform your cars potential... 3rd even.. but only if you win you are in trouble...

sorry racing just don't work like that....
RAI TV. They are following events quite closely, and they have lots of reporters at Interlagos.

Edit: RAI TV is respectably less biased than Allen (or BBC).

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG