The online racing simulator
They were all killed overnight, it's become a routine now. Last thing they do as they turn in for the night is kill the servers.

The good news is that X-System was still running ! ... no? OK, well I thought it was ironic...
Do we need an X-LFS-Dedi-Monitor now?
Servers killed again.

When you find the **** that's doing this feel free to send him to my house. I'm surrounded my moorland,reservoirs and and old airfield. Plenty of places to hide his remains
#79 - SamH
ROFL!
They're back again
The times that the server falls over is most interesting and has helped narrow the search for a culprit down. I'm reasonably confident that since the problem began two people have been involved, right now we just have somebody in an American timezone doing it - which is immediately suspiscious to me because of some misleading information posted elsewhere. Suspiscions are not enough though, evidence is required which is why we can only be sure of 1 person at the moment.
SS1 down again?
Down again
If this is some kind of attack, then this can be very boring untill next patch...
Quote from mike20002 :If this is some kind of attack, then this can be very boring untill next patch...

Well let me put it this way, other operators are having the same problem and the crash seems to correspond to a number of known exploits for which a tool has been developed to make use of, and we're running the same versions of software on the server that was previously stable before the tool was released.

Unfortunately the nature of the hack is such that there really is not much in the logs to go on in terms of preventing it, and the one person we have a definite fix on uses a floating IP address so we cant stop them anyway.

Basically we're holding on for an LFS patch, Scawen does know of the issue and hopefully it will be fixed soon - but also consider that he's half developed patch Y and you see that patching this out hasn't been an instant fix as often is the case with these things have been found in the past. Consequently, at least one person is prooving a point, and I suspect but cannot prove (due to the pattern of the attacks) that another is just a jerk.

It is entirely possible that this is a bug, I dont think it's the X-System as other operators are having similar difficulties, but it is plausable that the problem is in the LFS dedicated server software - however that ran fine for a long time then suddenly we all started having problems with dissapearing servers after the hack was released.

So it does kinda add up.
Well im not givin up that easy and I hope others wont either...
The good "guys" always win, just look at all movies!
Quote from Becky Rose :Well let me put it this way, other operators are having the same problem and the crash seems to correspond to a number of known exploits for which a tool has been developed to make use of, and we're running the same versions of software on the server that was previously stable before the tool was released.

Unfortunately the nature of the hack is such that there really is not much in the logs to go on in terms of preventing it, and the one person we have a definite fix on uses a floating IP address so we cant stop them anyway.

Basically we're holding on for an LFS patch, Scawen does know of the issue and hopefully it will be fixed soon - but also consider that he's half developed patch Y and you see that patching this out hasn't been an instant fix as often is the case with these things have been found in the past. Consequently, at least one person is prooving a point, and I suspect but cannot prove (due to the pattern of the attacks) that another is just a jerk.

It is entirely possible that this is a bug, I dont think it's the X-System as other operators are having similar difficulties, but it is plausable that the problem is in the LFS dedicated server software - however that ran fine for a long time then suddenly we all started having problems with dissapearing servers after the hack was released.

So it does kinda add up.

Is that a quote from him and can we deduct a releasedate from it
For your reassurance, i'm not any more in the loop than you are and have no special relationship with the devs. Don't get me wrong, there's things i'd like to do that their respective wives would not approve of, but the fact is i'm just an end user like you guys.

If I was to hazard a guess, i'd say the absense of an immediate patch says we're closer to a test patch or full release than we are to patch X. Given the nuisance of servers closing many times a day, my hunch is that we should see something any time now.

Either that or the hacks really are problematical to fix, which given the new queuing system and the test patch problems we had prior to the launch of patch X, is also quite possible.
SS1 crashed not found on main server 22:18 CET
Multiple servers yet again :/ Sorted now.
race2 has gone....

btw: a LOT GTR servers are gone... i can just see 12 gtr-servers now (icluding all empty ones)... something strange is going on there...

edit: single-seates are gone, too
Damn. We (dSRC) had just restarted our servers yesterday (actually..more like last night) and now they're gone again. Never had we so much problems.. I hope this will be over very soon.
server 2 AND ss1 has gone.
#93 - SamH
All back. It's rather irritating isn't it?
'tis indeed Sam.

I've managed to get round to coding something that relaunches my LFS servers, and the insim reconnects and unpasswords it. *meh*

Maybe you should do the same?
system is down in bump and jump right now
X-System down on SS1
Its down on Race 1 aswell just said X-System Self Detected An Error - Exiting.

Sam.
#99 - Jakg
Quote from The Moose :X-System down on SS1

Moose, theres only way we can free you of the CTRA Addiction.

COLD TURKEY!
system down on race 2

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG