The online racing simulator
Ah, that also works on servers. Was unsure of that one!

Yup, works on the servers.

Enabled on all LTC servers.

--

If I get another crash out, I will send you the logs before the crash! Maybe together we can work out whats going on here!

--

Becky Rose - that you real name? Im a Rose too - Mark Rose haha! Hate my name! :P
#27 - Jakg
FTR "Rose" is her middle name iirc.
The SS1 servers seems to be disconnecting everyone but the X-System seems to be staying alive.
fixed

EDIT: It was unrelated, we lost connection to the master server.
Quote from Becky Rose :fixed

When I try and join SS1 I get the message 'Error while waiting for reply', never seen that one before.

EDIT - I'm now getting 'JOOS - COUNT CONNS' given there's a queue to join and about 2 people on each server I think there is something very definitely not working with the CTRA servers atm.
Yes, CTRA servers are currently the target, but the problem can effect any server operator.

I wasn't going to say anything until we found out who, but LFS logging is not sufficient to fully trace the culprit. LFS 0.5X10 dedicated servers have a vulnerability that allows somebody to cause a server to buffer overflow on logon.

This is being used to target a number of servers including ours.

There are two possible reasons for this:
1) An immature twat with no friends and a problem with masturbation
2) Corporate Hostility

As 2 seems unlikely (although i've seen some things in this industry that make me raise an eyebrow I dont think any sim authors would actually hack each other) it seems the problem is down to number 1: A repressed homosexual with erectile problems and a degree in zitology.
You're not the only one Becky.

Someone just took down two of the three LTC servers.

We're in need of another patch, thats for sure! Sigh!
system down again on Race 2 - 19:19 GMT
#35 - SamH
And back up - 19:25

@Becky: The X-Monitor didn't catch the X-System
SS1 has gone again
#37 - SamH
I just went on to check, and it's alive. It sounds like either the X monitor caught the problem and fixed it, or it was a network outage.. either way, get back in there
Something went wrong server not found on main server? Crash? SS1?
the exact same time that they kill the LTC servers.

Idiots.
Yup SS1, Race 2 and LTC all dropped in the same moment of wank stain for our most zit encrusted socially challenged member of the "I believe" fan club convention.
We definately need a stickied thread of where people can post if the system has crashed, cause no offence to anyone, it does crash quite a lot, every other day maybe
For clarity no the system is not crashing. CTRA servers are being crashed by a server hacker. Last night X-System even withstood it and kept running on those LFS servers which where open.

In defence of myself, this crashing isn't anything to do with X-System and we are not the only people effected. LFS servers are closing left right and centre and i've seen something which leads me to believe it is a malliscious attack although you'll forgive me for not divulging details publicly. It does appear LFS has a security vulnerability at the moment, several allegedly.
Does anyone know if Scawen's got a handle on this?, cause it could go very Pete Tong very quickly if left as it is for too long..........
#44 - SamH
Yep, no panic, Scawen's on the case.
Nice to know that Sam
Scawen never misses a thing
+1

I still think we should have a sticky thread so we can post if the server has crashed, and you guys at CTRA can reboot servers?
#48 - Jakg
/looks at thread title

/me thinks Harjun is an idiot :P
#49 - SamH
If the system goes down, or one/more of the servers crashes, you can post in this thread and we will receive an email telling us
yay! STICKY!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG