The online racing simulator
Race 2 is on practice mode
It should, hopefully, enter race mode after a few moments of joining. It's trialling a new starting system after a race end, where it goes to practice mode initially. This should give everyone a chance to get a set and get on the track for the first race.

It's actually fairly redundant as things stand at the moment, though, with the new ability to catch people removing others from the grid. I thought we'd see how it went. The X-System is very stable now, and only crashes if other filesystem problems on the hardware occur. Still, if the software restarts, it may be worse now than before. Keep me posted!
Sam,

Something is up with the raceauthority.com webserver

Erro
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Microsoft VBScript runtime [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]error '800a003e'[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Input past end of file[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]/inc/functions.asp[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2], line 180[/SIZE][/FONT]

^^^
Same here
... I think we might have ran out of disk space, just judging how our webmail has also taken a dive like a Spanish footballer.

... and with all of the haste of a 400 lb woman in a tutu, Sam's on the case to fix it.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :... I think we might have ran out of disk space, just judging how our webmail has also taken a dive like a Spanish footballer.

... and with all of the haste of a 400 lb woman in a tutu, Sam's on the case to fix it.

LOL. Cool. Maybe time to delete some reply files?
Ack! Our new 1TB HD is taking longer than anticipated to get installed

The problems *should* be resolved, although the "input past end of file" may actually not be, yet. Still looking at it. In the meantime, if you see that error, just hit refresh.
Happens every time I refresh, here.
Hmm.. okay, I've skipped over the problem. Should work okay now. Sorry for the delay.
great!
thx
UF-BR is really playing up. Went very laggy, then 'kicked' (presume time-out) everyone, now won't let us recconnect - errors in pic.
Attached images
lfs_00000077.JPG
Same thing on SS1. Was extremely laggy, disconnecting other people three or four at a time. Eventually it was my turn, and when I finally got back on it appeared the server had restarted as it was a new combo when one wasn't expected.
Race 1 isn't on Server list

EDIT: Same thing on UF-BR as above.

EDIT 2: I hear Sam's footsteps and Dustin's screams as he's used the Servers for p0rn downloads again
same thing on race 1
Everything should be back to normal now. Apologies! I was the one that caused the barf!
Yes! This time my pr0n didn't crash the server!

Muhahaaaaa!
system acting funky, all four drivers timed out together, wont let me rejoin keeps getting errors .
Yep, sorry. I'm moving some files (urgent) and it's causing some system lag at the moment. I'm trying to get finished ASAP. Apologies. I'll reinit the servers as soon as I can
Okay, I've restarted the servers and the X-System. Everything should return to normal now.
There is some major lag on CTRA SS1.

Edit: Seems better now.

Edit: Maybe not..

Edit: Seems back to normal now. Must have been server issues.
I couldn't find any issues on the server, so I tested the connection and it seemed to be okay too. I'm not sure what the problem was. Glad it's sorted
Quote from mcgas001 :There is some major lag on CTRA SS1.

Edit: Seems better now.

Edit: Maybe not..

Edit: Seems back to normal now. Must have been server issues.

For what it's worth, it was very laggy on Race 1 too at about the same time this morning. Only for one race though and only at the start, so ...

... back down to yellow alert!
ss3 is very laggy - Sam are u moving files again?
Nope, but I'm having massive problems with t'internet myself today. I think there's a networking problem at some central point. I'm getting 300-500ms pings to the BBC. Normally I'm between 17 and 19ms there. Weird stuff out there.. I think there's a core issue, and not anything I can do

[edit] My traceroutes show issues at around hop 6, for me.. 9 hops to the BBC in total.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG