The online racing simulator
I think Race 1 just died.
The whole server appears to, not just LFS servers. On it now..

[edit] Nope, it was a network issue. It appears to be ongoing too. I am guessing that there are some residual effects from the web-wide DNS hotfix the other night. I'll keep my eye on it, but I'm not around much today.
Server went down with "X-system failure contact admins" type message.

Everything seems to have gone,including website.

EDIT..website back.....servers not.
It all should be back now. MS decided to restart the server after an update, despite the fact it's supposed to wait til we say restart.
The X-System appears to be down in Race 1
It is up now
You mean it isn't now?
heh - left out the "up"
Ss3
Server just kicked me out n the website isn't working ( - was working on the AS1R record too... bummer
Should all be back now
was on SS1:

"x-system detected an error, exiting" or something, and i got booted.

edit: looks good now
Yep, Microsoft's favourite trick to restart servers after major updates. It's very annoying because we have automatic restarts disabled.

Everything is back up and running again
Likewise, but there are certain ones that just force it
Quote from SamH :Yep, Microsoft's favourite trick to restart servers after major updates. It's very annoying because we have automatic restarts disabled.

Everything is back up and running again

god, i love using linux.

Quote :Current file server uptime:

09:44:08 up 416 days, 11 min, 0 users, load average: 0.08, 0.04, 0.02

Quote from bunder9999 :god, i love using linux.

And the WINE window running your LFS Server has been up how long?

Linux only works because no software is running ;P
Quote from bunder9999 :god, i love using linux.

LOL! We run Linux boxes too.

What you're saying is that your Linux box hasn't been critical kernel-patched for nearly a year and a half Not actually a boast I'd make, even if it were true - which it never would be! .. but each to his own..

You should maybe go read here.. http://www.kernel.org/pub/linu ... l/v2.4/ChangeLog-2.4.36.7, unless you value your uptime more than you value the data that's sitting on it

[edit] Becky, LOL
Quote from SamH :LOL! We run Linux boxes too.

What you're saying is that your Linux box hasn't been critical kernel-patched for nearly a year and a half Not actually a boast I'd make, even if it were true - which it never would be! .. but each to his own..

You should maybe go read here.. http://www.kernel.org/pub/linu ... l/v2.4/ChangeLog-2.4.36.7, unless you value your uptime more than you value the data that's sitting on it

[edit] Becky, LOL

the only exploit for my 2.6 kernel is the vmsplice exploit, which i have corrected with the loadable module. thanks for your consideration though.
Quote from bunder9999 :the only exploit for my 2.6 kernel is the vmsplice exploit, which i have corrected with the loadable module. thanks for your consideration though.

Glad for ya I'm not linuxist, we just don't believe in linuxism. It doesn't suit our life or workstyle much
Only because you're a communist!
not sure but i lost connection to server, cant get back and cant get onto the website either???
We are aware, and we're looking into it now.

edit: Should be back up shortly
edit2: Back up
Quote from Christofire :We are aware, and we're looking into it now.

edit: Should be back up shortly

cool, seems to be working again :-)
Actually it's not the X-System, but the lfsworld remote server tracker is not working. Maybe the insim relay has been reset or something in some of the servers. Currently it's showing CTRA SS1 and SS2, but not any of the other servers.
Quote from MaKaKaZo :.... Currently it's showing CTRA SS1 and SS2, but not any of the other servers.

...same here
Reconnected

Not sure why contact gets lost between our machine and LFSW, but it seems to happen fairly regularly. There were a couple of instances the day before yesterday when routers were switched around at the datacentre. One of those occasions, the UKCT box lost connectivity for about 2 minutes. The 2nd time, connectivity wasn't lost at all. The reconnection routine on LFSW should recover all losses of connectivity but for some reason it doesn't always happen. Not sure what the answer is.

Post HERE If the X-System is down
(769 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG