The online racing simulator
Quote from Taavi(EST) :two from tonights lightshow.

Nice ones, **** me it was a hard storm. Dunno if it was there as bad as here.
Downburst was amazing, clouds looked like it was end of the world coming. And lightnings every second for 30mins.. Crazy. Haven't seen a weather like that in finland.

Random people met on the street.
Nice one, Mikko.

Getting closer to completing my great kit rearranging...

Quote :Pentax:
K-7
DA 15mm f/4 Ltd.
FA 31mm f/1.8 Ltd.
DA 35mm f/2.8 Ltd. Macro
FA 43mm f/1.9 Ltd.
A 50mm f/1.2
Helios-44K-4 58mm f/2
FA 77mm f/1.8 Ltd.
Tokina 90mm f/2.5 Macro
Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8*

Nikon:
D700
Nikon 16-35mm f/4G VR II
Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8G
Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G VR I
Sigma 100-300mm f/4
Vivitar 28mm f/2.8 Close Focus*
50mm f/1.2 Ai
50mm f/1.8D
85mm f/1.8D

Panasonic:
GF1
20mm f/1.7

(* denotes to-be-sold or currently on the chopping block)

Still not sure if I want to swap out the 16-35/4VR for a 14-24/2.8...
Quote from (SaM) :Curious as to whether the rumour was true, Rodie anxiously waited for the little bird to come out of my lens.
Even though he's a senior in cat-years, his eyes are still fiery and youthful!

So amazing.

I love that picture. Do you have it any bigger for me?
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Nice one, Mikko.

Getting closer to completing my great kit rearranging...

Still not sure if I want to swap out the 16-35/4VR for a 14-24/2.8...

The 14-24/2.8 is amazing and destined to be a classic Nikkor so I'd say yes if you don't need filters and have balls of steel.

And yes, I'm green with envy of your lens collection. Dayumn!
A few more from the GF1/20mm combo... lunch and then drinks after work last Friday:

3 shots from my epic Sony Ericsson K530i camera (photoshopped). The first pic is already posted in here, but i just wanted to repost it again, to see all of them in 1 post. They still look a bit crappy at this high resolution (resized from 1600x1200 to 1280x720).

Amazing!
Really nice Hazaky, that scenery looks awesome.
She wanted to build a rock model portfolio for herself so this was the start. Going on different direction in next shoot.

Quote from spankmeyer :She wanted to build a rock model portfolio for herself so this was the start. Going on different direction in next shoot.

She's purdy!
I found myself a fit bird as well.

Attached images
DSC_2738.jpg
My friend Kris is just about the most patient model you could ask for. Here are a few evening portraits from last Thursday, all with the GF1 and 20mm f/1.7:

Quote from Seb66 :Some pictures from the kart meeting I went to. Haven't really edited these, only crop and resize.

Can see some more here (Going to upload some more soon) - http://www.dropbox.com/gallery ... 0Festival%202010?h=061d2c

Comments needed/welcome

A few nice shots there, think img9 (yellow kart no 67) out of the set in the dropbox link is the best out of that bunch.

Next time I would be looking to try and get a bit lower down if possible it will give a better overall look to the kart's. Also try and avoid capturing the rear of the kart's (although 'img1' is the exception that proves the rule here) and get more face on photo's. Not only will you get more emphasis on the driver and kart, but if they are wearing a reflective visor you could get some nice reflections, see my set from the LFS kart meet for an example, click my flickr link on sig and chose motorsport.

But back to 'img1', not sure what was too your right as you set up, but I would have been trying to get further right than you got and get some of the apex/entrance of the last turn, he left hand side is a bit cluttered and draws the eye away from the track, which has a nice setup of the kart's following the racing line which should be the focal point of that pick. It could be that there's no way that could happen but for me that's where I would be trying to take it.

What are you using btw?
Just booked a 4 day stay at Ocean City, Maryland for some fun on the beach with the kids before school. I'm taking the tripod and hope to escape for a few hours away from the wife and kids to spend some time at the harbor.

As a last minute budget trip I won't be staying on the beach with a balcony overlooking the ocean. Wifey and the rats will probably sleep in while I get up at 5 or 6 am so I hope to head out to the beach with the tripod early for some good sunrise as well. Maybe catch some beach fishermen with the camera. Someone landing a small shark would be a good catch for me.
Some landscapes from Saturday:

Thought I'd take some time to comment on some pictures. I look here everyday and always get amazed at the quality pictures you guys take, so just wanted to congratulate.

@DWB - Lovely pictures as usual, but that third one is really amazing. Also I could swear Kris was your girlfriend or wife or something...

@mrodgers - Can't wait for them.

@Velociround - That's a big sun.

@spankmeyer - (in a general way) Love your style! Also that website is hilarious.

@diablo21 - Beautiful Mini shot. Quite fun how small it is near a regular car.

@(SaM) - It might be a scary cat, but the picture is awesome!

@Taavi(EST) - How do you take those lightning shots? Keep shooting until it happens? Great stuff as usual!

Oh well there's so many, but you get the idea. Hopefully I'll to enter this 'business' in the next few months as well, but I probably won't be able to get the big sensor stuff.
Abiquiu Lake:

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG