The online racing simulator
Quote from porschedrifter :Same reason that Gran Turismo owns all on consoles. It's the physics that does it for me. That and the ability to change every little part of your car's setup that is important.

Very poor comparison in my opinion. Because GT is far from owning all on consoles. I have limited time on consoles, but Forza was far better than GT.
Quote from porschedrifter :Same reason that Gran Turismo owns all on consoles. It's the physics that does it for me. That and the ability to change every little part of your car's setup that is important.

Drifting is my thing and LFS is the only racing sim that allows you to do it right. It feels the closest to the real thing.

Hell no, Forza 2 blows GT out of the water for car handling simulation.
The most tested game ever :)
I think it the best cos the users are some kind of testers for the game.

more testing & more feedback -> better results

LFS will be unbeatable when the project is finished.
Quote from kew0914 :I think it the best cos the users are some kind of testers for the game.

more testing & more feedback -> better results

LFS will be unbeatable when the project is finished.

I think another part of this is, the fact that the DEVS even through they could give the game more exposure, they do a lot less with it than possible. The thing is, they could easily pull sponsors like the thing with FBMW, and have a bigger workforce, and get the project a bit more light.. but they are not... and while I dont agree with this 100%, I understand the reasons behind it. The fact is, scavier is not looking to get a bunch of money, but they COULD as a side effect of their true goal, which is creating the best automotive simulator. I tend to think of it as not working for the money, but working for a passion and getting a good reward.
the multiplayer is great.. nice close battles amd nice physics..

Only thing I miss in LFS are the graphics.. (like gtr2/rfactor F1 mod)
Quote from Infiniti :Because :lfs: has been touched by the hands of not one god, but three. :cookiemon:mr-t::hippy:

So from Left to right its Scawen, Victor, and that other guy...lol...
these threads are pointless, it always turns into a war between biased lfs players, and biased rfactor players. neither party will give the other a chance, yet they cant understand that each game is a totally different concept, totally different purpose, totally different idea.

please people, we dont need to argue about whats the best game, its gets everyone nowhere.

the idea of both games is for the community to have fun, and we can do this by going and playing the games right now, whichever one you prefer, instead of arguing on the internet about which is best which to be honest, gets us nowhere and is in reality very sad!

seriosuly, this is kids stuff, its pathetic!
Quote from GruntOfAction :So from Left to right its Scawen, Victor, and that other guy...lol...

Nah, Victor, Eric and Scawen
Well as a simulator its lacking, even quite bit lacking but the fun factor is very high. The most fun online driving simulator me thinks. ok one thing is clearly better than anything else.. menus!
Quote from kaynd :Best physics.

That's everything for me…

I love LFS but its not the best when it comes to physics...I would have to say that title belongs to netkar.
I would be inclined to agree. But as nK only works on three computers it's hard to be sure.
Quote from tristancliffe :I would be inclined to agree. But as nK only works on three computers it's hard to be sure.

Did you count my computer to that 3 also?

I has very nice FFB, somehow so quick compared to others, don't know how else I would explain that. Come over and test it
I play LFS, Rfactor, NR2003 and RBR all actively and I do think LFS is the best true sim of them all. However in saying that I play RF a lot thanks to it's diversity and still very good driving model. V8's around bathurst for example are and absolutle blast and I dont get the same feeling of enjoyment out of any of the tracks in LFS. But as far as proper league racing goes LFS wins quite easily for me at least.
I`ve been with LFS since it was released Day 1,still love the grfx and appreciate the efforts of the team behind it, but still find the A1 absolute crap they are blind robots all driving in a line weather a wall is in front of them or a car,as ever.I find nowadays I play it for about 5 minutes "just updated to x30 " then move onto Rfactor where the A1 has a sense to change direction when approaching from behind unlike lfs.
I used to race online but the stupid D..k head pilots there drove me off that, for good.
So I only get my pleasure racing the A1.
No I`m not 15 yrs of age lol, 51ys here there are oldies here,and I own "in real life" 2 rs2000`s a mk5 and 6 and an Evo 5 and mk5 xr3i that I both hill climb.
All the best to all you guys here and many old timers from way back where ever you are. JJ

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG