The online racing simulator
LFS is better then any other racing game i played.
Quote from Not Sure :very clean overall feel

You said it better than I could. This is the thing that bugs me about LFS - it feels too "clean".
My 2c is this:

I try most racing sims that I can play on my crappy PC, but I always come back to LFS. The main thing I think for me, is the multiplayer experience. It is just awesome. When I first downloaded the demo, way back in 2003 or even earlier, I couldn't believe the immersive feel of the driving model compared to anything else available at the time.

Even now, I compare other models to LFS. Graphics and sound are all very well for some, but for me, I've played plenty of pretty games with awesome sound, but if the car doesn't feel like a car, it doesn't last long on my play list.
The driving experience. Even with a mouse, it's totally fun and challenging.
The biggest difference is the community isn't full of brain dead idiots like the rF community who will shoot you down if you point out that a 750kg Rolls Royce has been on a serious diet or if you even begin to suggest that a 60s muscle car shouldn't be pulling 2 lateral g. Don't even get me started on the GTR2 '10 seconds a lap fasters normal' people...

The LFS community on the most part seem to know what a car is and have at least some idea about them meaning you can have a sensible discussion without 50 people telling you how they feel you're being unfair because of the effort that was put into the overly detailed model that produces pathetic fps whilst looking atrocious. I also don't think it's coincidental that the knowledgeable people choose to play LFS
rFactor=:biggun:

LFS=:trophy_br :heyjoe67_
why does the lfs community feel the need every day to tell itsself that LFS is the best simulation, i sense alot of insecurity here. I think the LFS community is prob the one large community that needs to get over itself, and look at why LFS actually isn't that great of a sim and try to move it forward, as lfs hasn't had a decent update in a year almost now, and even before that it was barely updated.

hi
rFactor is a game for children with its cartoon look and total stupid physics. It`s just idiots that use that game.

LFS is best and will be that forever, can`t wait for S3
@Richard Towler - I agree with you somewhat there, plenty of one sided fanboy threads do appear and LFS does have a fanboy issue, but it's not the only sim that has this. I think some of the differences are down to the contrast in general knowledge of cars. I was on rF central the other day when a mod creator seemed absolutely determined that the F430 challenge cars have no ECU, the actual mod he created felt pretty good in the physics department but the lack of understanding of basic concepts was rather eye opening.
I think it's more of a way for folks here to celebrate what they do have. LFS ain't perfect, but that doesn't mean it ain't one hell of a good sim, already, either. Besides, there are enough other threads popping up every day pointing out the sims various weaknesses, over and over, ad lib...

Whatcha talkin' 'bout Willis?
Quote from RichardTowler :why does the lfs community feel the need every day to tell itsself that LFS is the best simulation, i sense alot of insecurity here. I think the LFS community is prob the one large community that needs to get over itself, and look at why LFS actually isn't that great of a sim and try to move it forward, as lfs hasn't had a decent update in a year almost now, and even before that it was barely updated.

hi

haha rich, poor envious old man On the other hand, you got some points there, still physics and carfeel wise, LFS is bestest No hovering over ovals or on ISI tracks :P Just show me ONE non-LFS-movie that comes close to DoNs slowmo shot and I shut up. :P
Quote from Vykos69 :haha rich, poor envious old man On the other hand, you got some points there, still physics and carfeel wise, LFS is bestest No hovering over ovals or on ISI tracks :P Just show me ONE non-LFS-movie that comes close to DoNs slowmo shot and I shut up. :P

poor old grumpy vykos, like an old man that is drying that picked the wrong religion!

but seriously, it has nothing to do with envy, i do own LFS afterall Just because LFS is better in areas than rfactor, which is an awful product, doesn't mean LFS great. You can sit here all day and jack off at the fact that the breakfast you eat was better than the shit you had when you woke up but th at doesn't mean your breakfast was all that good
Why is LFS better for me? Because I am on dialup and only have an onboard graphics chip. I never lag and only get disconnected from servers if I am jumping on the inferno site, for example, or attempting th grab a skin now and then (with the very very VERY occasional random time out). I also can get 80 FPS with my onboard graphics if I wanted to. I haven't been able to break 15 FPS with any other current simulator no matter how I configure it (down to 320x280 or whatever resolution in GTL even).

Plus, Papyrus hasn't been around to make Nascar Racing 2004, 2005, 2006, or 2007.... NR2003 was my sim of choice until I found LFS in 2005.
hehe Rich, well then be constructive not destructive and keep helping LFS becoming the best sim, not only the sim which is better than rF :P
Quote from Vykos69 :hehe Rich, well then be constructive not destructive and keep helping LFS becoming the best sim, not only the sim which is better than rF :P

I've already given alot of constructive feedback on lfs, and i'm always here if anyone wants any feedback from me as you know
:grouphug:
#43 - Jakg
Quote from sixfour :For me it doesnt really matter how good the game is when the community totally sucks azz

hello Mr Troll, care to back up your statement?
Quote from Vykos69 :Just show me ONE non-LFS-movie that comes close to DoNs slowmo shot and I shut up. :P

Dons slowmo RBR vid
#45 - SamH
Quote from RichardTowler :lfs hasn't had a decent update in a year almost now, and even before that it was barely updated.

Basically because I'm really boooorrrrrrreeeeeeed right now, I thought I'd afford this with a question. Which other sim out there is receiving more attention from its developers than LFS is? I'm very nearly curious to know.
Quote from SamH :Basically because I'm really boooorrrrrrreeeeeeed right now, I thought I'd afford this with a question. Which other sim out there is receiving more attention from its developers than LFS is? I'm very nearly curious to know.

Live for Skidmarks lol
Quote from sixfour :For me it doesnt really matter how good the game is when the community totally sucks azz

Great first post, welcome to the community

LFS is great simply because the Tin Tops feel like driving Tin Tops, and the multiplayer is superb and well populated. The community aint bad either
The fact it runs brilliantly on really old machines is a real bonus as well.

nKPro still does the best single seaters by a country mile though
You only joined the forums today, how would you know what they're like already?
#49 - Jakg
#50 - SamH
Quote from Becky Rose :Live for Skidmarks lol

I said MORE attention! LOL! Patch W out today.. 9 test patches in the last few weeks.. my question stands

Why Is LFS So Much Better Than Anything Else?
(315 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG