The online racing simulator
First thing i noticed about this game was the graphics are eccelent, and its the only racing game i have played that is good and quite easy while your view is inside the car, most racing game are only easy when your view is out side the car and its very realistic
That's an interesting avatar...
Rofl!!!
i guess some phishing-script was done in this thread, be careful and dont enter your password please!
Edit: it was a stcc-error, no dangers
Quote from matze54564 :i guess some phishing-script was done in this thread, be careful and dont enter your password please!

It's not the thread, there's just some sort of problem with the UKCT servers, it appears. I'm sure it'll be fixed shortly.
Gee, I could barely tell that from reality. Are you sure that was a game? Good thing there are experts on the ISI engine lurking!
Just an Example

GTR4 LFS
*very good graphics textures *excellent physics
*well programed A.I. *free roam camera
*great engine sounds *very easy to modify world
-need modern graphics cards *can be used on low end systems
-can't change music *ok multiplayer system

Just some reasons

I think LFS is great because you don't need very high tech equipment to make skins. You might need a program to convert music to 16bit OGGs but there are freeware software that can do that. Audacity is a freeware editor (you'll need LAME for mp3 encoding) that can convert into WAV, WMA, MP3 or OGG files. DDS files can be used with Adobe Photoshop Elements which can be sold for under $200 AUD or you could use the free DDS Converter and then open it up in paint, GIMP or any other tool. A very customisable game.
Whitmore, that is an easy mistake to make. The things you SEE in rFactor don't have to correspond with their physical properties! Remember the kart mod? 400kg karts. The absolute minimum (even then with too high inertias) to stop the engine from going crazy. I've encountered the issues on the 'lower limit' even with some single seaters; the thing just goes nuts.

I haven't tried overly heavy vehicles but its likely that the ISI engine just doesn't have a wide range of vehicles it can deal with. So even if the engine can do trucks; we'd need the TBC / HDV files to see what sort of a vehicle it actually is..
Quote from Whitmore :Luckily some people know more about editing ISI physics than you do

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1pf2u_truck

Luckily there were guys that knew how to drive car better than you did when you were 1 year old

Guy is real champ, did you ever crossed to mind that when I did experiment with physics for trucks there were none that knew how to get them to work?
What about such thing that perhaps not all of us are 24h/day lurking at forums to see what new has come?

Such kid like attitude, it is shame we see such in LFS forums. Grow up and start to build instead of destroying.
Quote from The General Lee :Sorry if this has been asked before...

But, most people on this forum will agree that LFS is one of, if not the best racing sim available. I have seen videos on YouTube of LFS and in the comments it says, "Best sim ever!!"

It got me thinking...
What makes LFS so much better than other Race Sims that you would buy off the shelf?

LFS is only made by 3 guys, whereas other racer sims have teams of hundreds, but LFS is still classed as the best by alot of people. Why so? I admit, it is a brilliant game, and I love it. But when makes is that extra bit special?

The best sim is still to be done, but LFS has many good things, and I think its best is the raw force feedback which gives a big sense of immersion.

But I don't know if the majority of the serious simracers stick with LFS.

I guess the crowd from GPL is more about rFactor and GTR than LFS. I don't know for sure... many of them are still with Nascar 2003 and even GPL indeed.

People from LFS community is more activist and LFS is much older than rF and GTR, so when sites or magazines promote some contestes is natural that LFS becomes the more voted, but that does not mean that it is the best.

I guess there is no the best, not yet. It depends on what exactly your are looking for in a simulator to find one that fits with your taste.

It is like Jesus or Buddha... you make your choice, and for you HE is the best, don't matter WHO is HE in fact.
Quote from Speed Soro :I guess the crowd from GPL is more about rFactor and GTR than LFS. I don't know for sure... many of them are still with Nascar 2003 and even GPL indeed.

Well those people are more about simulating the real life EVENTS, rather than simulating the real life physics... It took me years to realize that and one ban from one forum...

They are not so much interested in XFG at Blackwood because they never seen that on TV, it doesn't exist. Those people are Real life racing fanatics, they know all the details about racing history, who was Senna's first girlfriend, who was the Schumahers godfather, etc.. so they want to play something that has real content and i totaly respect that... BUT the annoying fact is that they think that everything that doesn't have real life content is simply not real and can't be called a simulation...

One guy from that forum i was banned, now says that he finaly realized how wrong the FF in rFactor was (what i was saying all along and the partial reason why i was banned) and also confirms the "floating" feeling in ISI sims, because he started to play with that "real plugin" for rFactor...
The irony.... ohhh the irony...
Quote from Boris Lozac :Well those people are more ... can't be called a simulation...

True.
Quote :One guy from that forum i was banned, now says that he finaly realized how wrong the FF in rFactor was (what i was saying all along and the partial reason why i was banned) and also confirms the "floating" feeling in ISI sims, because he started to play with that "real plugin" for rFactor...

Yeah. The whole real feel thread on rFactor is the definition of irony. All along they have said that LFS' FFB is all wrong, you can't feel the car etc. But now when rF has a similar system, the thread for it is nothing but praise.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Well those people are more about simulating the real life EVENTS, rather than simulating the real life physics... It took me years to realize that and one ban from one forum...

They are not so much interested in XFG at Blackwood because they never seen that on TV, it doesn't exist. Those people are Real life racing fanatics, they know all the details about racing history, who was Senna's first girlfriend, who was the Schumahers godfather, etc.. so they want to play something that has real content and i totaly respect that... BUT the annoying fact is that they think that everything that doesn't have real life content is simply not real and can't be called a simulation...

One guy from that forum i was banned, now says that he finaly realized how wrong the FF in rFactor was (what i was saying all along and the partial reason why i was banned) and also confirms the "floating" feeling in ISI sims, because he started to play with that "real plugin" for rFactor...

How familiar this sounds

Of course to their defence we must agree that what we like surely has habit of creating certain fanboyism that masks small or large imperfections from our or their eyes.

I do like how there has been new direction risen by few we know from this board too, maybe if that will catch wind will make things better in certain 'community' too.
Quote from Boris Lozac :BUT the annoying fact is that they think that everything that doesn't have real life content is simply not real and can't be called a simulation...

You can still simulate a typical or generic car without it being a copy of a particular real one.
You might not be recreating a real event, but even if something has never happened, you can still run a simulation to show what would occur if it did.

Simulations with specific content from the real world are not real either. The level of realism in a simulation is determined by how accurately real processes and reactions are represented, not the scenario your objects and names are derived from. Would LFS (without changing it along the way) be any more technically, physically, realistic if we built Blackwood and 20 GTis with the exact same specifications as the ones in LFS? Would RACE (assuming they still used all the same technical data) be any less technically, physically, realistic if you replaced all the cars with fictional ones and used fantasy tracks?
Quote from sinbad :The level of realism in a simulation is determined by how accurately real processes and reactions are represented, not the scenario your objects and names are derived from.

Yea, but tell that to the "Floating boys"....
There are two ways to think about simulation: car simulation and race simulation.

The car simulation does not need a pair in real life cause you just need to model you own car with those things you think is enough to give you a feel of driving. Of course that is not easy to do, but it is easy to understand. So LFS is a car simulator, but yet with too many things to be done to become so realistic as GTR, where you can find many other things being simulated, things that are not still in LFS, but will... someday... I hope...

In the other hand, when you think about race simulations, you need to keep the word "simulation" in mind, cause one thing it to have a race using the computer, and that can be ni any format, since arcades like toca series until netkar pro ultra-realistic scenario, and other thing is to have a real-life race simulated.

A good example of what is to simulate a race is the GP F1 series from Geoff Crammond. That is a real race simulator.

LFS is not a race simulator cause it does not simulate any pair in real life. It is a racing game with car being simulated. The race is real, it is there, it is not simulated, you are racing against other people in a virtual tray, so you are not simulating anything, just racing. It is the opposite to seat at Schumaker's cockpit and think that you are doing what he did in Barcelona someday.

I don't expect that too much people understand or agree with my point of view, but I think that LFS is the BEST racing game for multiplayer purposes, and a good tyre/suspension simulator, but not the best racing simulator.

The word "simulator" when applied to a race is more about GPL or GTR than rFactor mods (there are 2 or 3 that worth the pain) or LFS. When applied to a car, I guess GTR series is the best at this moment, not because it has the best physics or feeling (and it has not), but because it simulates much better more things (and in a good format) than LFS.

But if the contest was about gameplay, multiplayer content, tyre physics and force feedback, surely would be fair to say that LFS wins the trophy.
Quote from Speed Soro :please...

Please what? In years they "sweared" in their uber realistic Force Feedback system, rubbing on my face how realistic it is...
I swear I never see anyone saying a thing like that there, but if you are saying...

Anyway, I don't think to bash rFactor community is a good idea neither the way to guide this tasteful conversation, so, please...
Quote from Speed Soro :I swear I never see anyone saying a thing like that there, but if you are saying...

Anyway, I don't think to bash rFactor community is a good idea neither the way to guide this tasteful conversation, so, please...

Not here, on RSC, on some local forums, nvm... i also don't want this to turn in that kind of discussion, i am sick of that, i was just kidding, but they well deserve it...
I agree with Speed Soro..
I didnt play much rfactor but
LSF seams like a game for quick online 5 lap fun...and then you play another 5 laps after that... like another game I know: counter strike

LSF players also seem immature calling rfactor craptor and things like that
rfactor audience knows more about rl racing

I follow WTCC,F1,DTM,motoGP and like to watch races on tracks Im familiar with - raced on..

for me.. there is nothing like playing GTR for 3h on spa or barcelona..
I like LFS but I dont get the same feeling...
:checkered
the thing i like most about LFS is racing against other people. Since N2003 multiplayer was so good I can't race against the computer. With LFS I open the server list, find a race, and GO. I don't really like the tracks, but everything is so immersive that I dont care. But to me there is nothing more thrilling than racing against other people, whether it is on foot on bike or in cars. Since its too expensive in real life I do it online and LFS does the best job of that. With RFactor you spend more time offline than online; the tracks and cars are better but bottom line I just want to RACE and that's where LFS shines.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG