The online racing simulator
Ok, thanks much.
Quote from StanleyCarter :It's simple: LFS = Has the best physics + great multiplayer netcode

+1
And more the way it evolves keep you holding your breathe !
Quote from TechAde :If you don't feel what you should with the Powertec and Caterbusa at default values then there's probably something amiss in your controller.ini or control panel settings - the ReadMe should help you out there.

The track can make a big difference too. For example, the otherwise excellent Virtua_LM Le Mans seems to have issues with the track surface which cause force feedback oscillations even when using cars that otherwise work well with the RealFeel plug-in such as Major Parts/Cubits' Caterham mod.
Quote from JTbo :Luckily there is now helpful tool from Niels to get stuff closer to what it should be. If it would not be Niels and Bristow, there would perhaps not been even near that much improvement.

And at one point Niels was one of the most hated guys at the rFactor forum
Quote from BuddhaBing :The track can make a big difference too. For example, the otherwise excellent Virtua_LM Le Mans seems to have issues with the track surface which cause force feedback oscillations even when using cars that otherwise work well with the RealFeel plug-in such as Major Parts/Cubits' Caterham mod.

D'oh, that's the main track I was trying it on.

I have to say, things like this are a big part of what turns me off from rFactor.
lfs is better then many things but theres some things you cant beat ( e.g having a child , meeting borat in real life , killing osama bin laden ) other then them few things i think its great , if only there was a good tool to beat them :heyjoe67_ racers while im in my :auto: , annoying kids :rotf:
Quote from DeadWolfBones :D'oh, that's the main track I was trying it on.

I have to say, things like this are a big part of what turns me off from rFactor.

Wow, the incongruency (no idea on the sp) of rfactor boggles the mind.

This mod with this car on this setting only on these tracks with this steering wheel can provide a LFS-esque experience.

I love with LFS, you get on and you know everyone is accesible to race. And everyone should be having ~the same experiences with it.
Quote from TechAde :and caster is locked at 0

uh what ?
you shouldnt get much of any steering torque at all with 0 caster
Quote from Shotglass :uh what ?
you shouldnt get much of any steering torque at all with 0 caster

Yeah, and wouldn't the car be amazingly unstable if it were actually set at 0? I am no car suspension geometry expert, but some small amount of caster (wheel behind the attachment point for the horn) would be essential for stability.

Le Mans is the track I have been using in rFactor lately too... for obvious reasons. Wistful thinking, but a Le Mans-like track developed by Eric for LFS would be awesome. 24 Hour races on Kyoto GP Long are great, but an 8+ mile long track with some longish straights would be cool.
Quote from Hallen :Yeah, and wouldn't the car be amazingly unstable if it were actually set at 0? I am no car suspension geometry expert, but some small amount of caster (wheel behind the attachment point for the horn) would be essential for stability.

not necessarily
from my udnerstanding the main function of caster is to keep the wheel pointing in the direction the car is going ... if you have a human/servo behind the wheel thats strong nough to keep the wheel straight all by him/itself it shouldnt pose much of a problem

there will be some changes in how the car turns in and how much grip you have during the corner but for the most part it should be about the wheel not returning to centre by itself
Quote from Shotglass :not necessarily
from my udnerstanding the main function of caster is to keep the wheel pointing in the direction the car is going ... if you have a human/servo behind the wheel thats strong nough to keep the wheel straight all by him/itself it shouldnt pose much of a problem

there will be some changes in how the car turns in and how much grip you have during the corner but for the most part it should be about the wheel not returning to centre by itself

That is what I meant by unstable. You would have to constantly be forcing the steering wheel to maintain your direction and the feeback would be extreme. It seems like you would also have the undesireable effect of turning the steering wheel just a tad, and have the front wheels want to turn very quickly to a much higher angle forcing you to fight to hold the steering wheel where you want it. It would be very twitchy indeed. (It would be just like driving LFS with negative force feedback. In other words, working backwards from what it does now)
Quote from Hallen :That is what I meant by unstable. You would have to constantly be forcing the steering wheel to maintain your direction and the feeback would be extreme. It seems like you would also have the undesireable effect of turning the steering wheel just a tad, and have the front wheels want to turn very quickly to a much higher angle forcing you to fight to hold the steering wheel where you want it. It would be very twitchy indeed. (It would be just like driving LFS with negative force feedback. In other words, working backwards from what it does now)

no that would be the case if you had negative caster
with 0 caster there should be very close to no forces at all coming through the steering rod
Quote from deggis :And at one point Niels was one of the most hated guys at the rFactor forum

Yes and I'm sure there is lot and lot of guys on that forum that do hate still anything that is against what they are used and what is path ISI has laid out, but truth hurts and babies cry until they adopt to new situation

I'm sure I'm hated too because of my one Arcade style work and from many other reasons but I don't really care to be popular, I prefer to be me and everyone else can go and f*** *** themselves if they don't like it
yea they hate me over there
I love LFS and is the number one and the best for all times, lol, and its free !!
(s2 almost free :razz
It`s so fun to see the LFS fanatics here throwing stones in a glasshouse. Pathetic
Quote from frankwer :It`s so fun to see the LFS fanatics here throwing stones in a glasshouse. Pathetic

And what that does make you then, a troll ?

Provide some examples of such activity?

Surely there is always a few that don't see bigger picture, but hey, even you are here and surely not building anything with that comment, are you fanboy of what?
THE best
I have tried alot of download-able games and this so far has been the best 100+mb EVER!!I plan on purchasing a license soon and will enjoy this game for many hours.My reason why this game is better than anything is simple-the fact that a few guys have dedicated so much time and effort into making this game the perfect driver, and in the process pleasing alot of racing/drifting fans in the world-something big name corporations have failed at.Greatest game i have ever played!!
I think it's the best due to the fact it is only made by a small team of people. Means they don't lose that flare the average person has in driving. Everyone knows the best cars in the world are hand built by a handfull of people. Such as the Atom from the small company called Ariel who only have SEVEN employees! Now a days people want that almost hand crafted feel and usually it's a greater experience and more detailed. So I think that's why LFS has become one of the best.
Yes, expect S3 in the Fall.

2011 [Joke]
nah, its the best cos its like, fun, not to serious, and a laugh

Moo!
Same reason that Gran Turismo owns all on consoles. It's the physics that does it for me. That and the ability to change every little part of your car's setup that is important.

Drifting is my thing and LFS is the only racing sim that allows you to do it right. It feels the closest to the real thing.
Because :lfs: has been touched by the hands of not one god, but three. :cookiemon:mr-t::hippy:
No, really, I do love LFS! Now I just need to earn some money, fix my real car, sell it, and get a good pc/G25. Then I can buy an old ride and turn it into a race car with the left over money.
Quote from Electrik Kar :The driving experience. Even with a mouse, it's totally fun and challenging.

yea. simply a great game

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG