The online racing simulator
Quote from turbo4door :took the plunge and ordered one just now

DO NOT BOTHER WITH AMATTEROFFAX.COM

completely rude customer service, shows 10 in stock (verified through online warehouse verification as well) and was given invoice number. Called to confirm and was told they do not have them. Rep was very short, would not let me talk. kept saying "I SENT YOU AN EMAIL, I SENT YOU AN EMAIL" over and over. He was "kind" enough to reverse my order....

what a joke:thumbsdow

ended up ordering from DELL
Quote from turbo4door :DO NOT BOTHER WITH AMATTEROFFAX.COM

completely rude customer service, shows 10 in stock (verified through online warehouse verification as well) and was given invoice number. Called to confirm and was told they do not have them. Rep was very short, would not let me talk. kept saying "I SENT YOU AN EMAIL, I SENT YOU AN EMAIL" over and over. He was "kind" enough to reverse my order....

what a joke:thumbsdow

ended up ordering from DELL

Er really? I just recieved a email from them to confim something. Still waiting on a call back. WTF I hope it's ok. Now im really worried.
The G25 is starting to turn into a european Eleanor. Uncatchable.
SQUEE!!!!

So I get home, and there is this box sitting on my computer chair. For about 1/16th of a second, I was upset. Then I noticed the tape on the box (which, oddly enough, is branded with the Logitech logo).

It cries for me, begging to be assembled and used! But alas, it is late and I have work tommorrow . BUT THAT DOESN'T MATTER! ITS HERE!! Weee! (I'd spam a million more of these, but I've a box to gawk at).
That does it, I'll bitchslap the next American/Australian/G25-holding-person I meet. :mad:
I'll hold him while you do that...
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
And while you all are busy kickin his arse, I'll be grabbing his G25 and running since I'm not getting one.

I'll be sure to thank you guys for it.
Quote from spankmeyer :That does it, I'll bitchslap the next American/Australian/G25-holding-person I meet. :mad:

im surprised we actually got something before the uk to be honest,

we are usually the last country to get pc games, consoles etc.

but yeah, i checked with a guy at harvey norman last month
and he was told the 31st of october,
so it doesnt make much sense that the date was three weeks ahead of schedule.
Quote from Micaoct :Er really? I just recieved a email from them to confim something. Still waiting on a call back. WTF I hope it's ok. Now im really worried.

thats the email he sent me. Sorry man
I say we hunt down the guy that sent the UK's shipment to Australia and shoot him
I must say I'm really amazed at Logitech. And I certainly am not talking amazed in a positive kind of meaning.

I called them two days ago and tried to ask which retailer/store are getting the biggest bunch of the shipment therefore from who should I order the wheel from. The answer? "We don't know". Ooookkay.

After that, I asked the Logitech person how come the wheel shipment arrival date to Finland is 5.11 (sunday, every store closed you know etc) instead of 3.11 (friday) or 6.11 (monday) the answer? "We don't know. The date might be pushed further back this year"

Seriously. What the (insert vulgar word here). Why are they giving us the Sony treatment? I've ordered TWO G25 wheels from separate finnish retailers just in case one gets it faster than another, but somehow I'm starting to lose faith here.

Spankmeyer, if you need ANY help at all with the bitchslapping, I'm with you. Oh I'm so with you. I can so imagine all the Americans/Aussies going :haha: at us eurofolks.
I'll help to with the bitchslapping too. Down with the suckers with the G25:s.
i've had my wheel for 5 days and have broken the left paddle lol

*take's it back to the store to get another*
send me the broken one, i dont care, my wheel is playing up and my new pedals have broken
Quote from masternick :i've had my wheel for 5 days and have broken the left paddle lol

*take's it back to the store to get another*

How is it broken? Thank you for some insight.
Quote from Matrixi :I must say I'm really amazed at Logitech. And I certainly am not talking amazed in a positive kind of meaning.

I called them two days ago and tried to ask which retailer/store are getting the biggest bunch of the shipment therefore from who should I order the wheel from. The answer? "We don't know". Ooookkay.

After that, I asked the Logitech person how come the wheel shipment arrival date to Finland is 5.11 (sunday, every store closed you know etc) instead of 3.11 (friday) or 6.11 (monday) the answer? "We don't know. The date might be pushed further back this year"

Seriously. What the (insert vulgar word here). Why are they giving us the Sony treatment? I've ordered TWO G25 wheels from separate finnish retailers just in case one gets it faster than another, but somehow I'm starting to lose faith here.

Spankmeyer, if you need ANY help at all with the bitchslapping, I'm with you. Oh I'm so with you. I can so imagine all the Americans/Aussies going :haha: at us eurofolks.

Can I have the second one?
Quote from Jakg :send me the broken one, i dont care, my wheel is playing up and my new pedals have broken

Is this a G25? If so, how have the pedals broken? Thank you for your reply.
Quote from mcman :How is it broken? Thank you for some insight.

the left paddle doesnt work unless the wheel has done 1 full turn left or right, just isnt reading the paddle when i push it unless i turn the the wheel a bit
Thats weird. I've been pounding my paddels for a while now. I found that moving from wheel to mouse for a few months, and back to wheel, dealing with the wheel and shifter and clutch was a bit too much to handle (especially when I drive an automatic IRL, heh). So I've been using the paddels the entire time. At first they seemed a little... how to put... weird (having been used to the MOMO's Plastic ones) but now they're fine, and show no sign of wear. It might just be a wireing fluke on your part . Did you call Logitech Tech support?

So far, it all seems pretty well built. My only issue at first was the shifter. However, after throwing it around a bit (Yes, I played with it before I decided to stick with the paddels until I got acustomed back to using a wheel), I've found the 'flimsy' feel so many people reported is just an illusion. Its actually pretty well build. Only, I kept missing gears, heh.

I'm happy with it, and I'd be suprised if a unit or two didn't have a fluke like the paddel issue mentioned. It probably won't be a common problem. I hope.
Meh. No G25 for me now; I've suddenly got an urgent need for the cash I just hope Gameseek process the cancellation fast.

In short it's a heads up to let you guys know theres going to be 1 more available G25 there.

*shakes an angry fist*
I doubt one cancelled G25 order helps much as the balance is somewhere around 7 879 units ordered and zero delivered in Europe.

(I made the numbers up, so shoot me)
At this rate we might have something nice to open on Christamas DAY (joking.......I hope)

Andrew
Quote from spankmeyer :I doubt one cancelled G25 order helps much as the balance is somewhere around 7 879 units ordered and zero delivered in Europe.

(I made the numbers up, so shoot me)

*finds a gun*
*pulls trigger innocently*
:hide:

Bleh, I am sick of waiting for my G25, even though mine will be here by either Friday, or next Friday.
It's strange, no matter how hard I look at the date on my watch, it doesn't change!! GRRRR!!!

I'm going to spain on the 8th of Nov, i better have it by then!! :S waah
Quote from Robster230 :It's strange, no matter how hard I look at the date on my watch, it doesn't change!! GRRRR!!!

I'm going to spain on the 8th of Nov, i better have it by then!! :S waah

OR

Just think, you MIGHT have a nice surprise when you come back.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG