The online racing simulator
Hi guys!

I have a G25 and I love it, but recently both the shifter and the clutch pedal have become pretty squeaky at times. Sounds like they could use some lube. Thing is, I don't want to dismantle anything such that the guarantee gets cancelled.. Has anyone figured out a "safe-and-easy" way of lubing?

Cheers!
Even lubricating may invalidate your guarrantee
I don't know if G25 is sealed with some stickers but I would defenately open my wheel if it started to squeel. Squeeling is quitea annoying and most of the time easy to fix. Without lubrication the wheel wears faster too.

I don't think there is a way to lube your wheel without opening it
i have problem with shifter. he not wanna change seq to manual. allways stay in seq mod...when i turn button to manual, all its ok, but, when i wanna change gear, gears is reversed to seq mode. big - for g25 shifter

g25 is just three weeks old.
Quote from Hyperactive :I don't know if G25 is sealed with some stickers but I would defenately open my wheel if it started to squeel. Squeeling is quitea annoying and most of the time easy to fix. Without lubrication the wheel wears faster too.

I don't think there is a way to lube your wheel without opening it

I'll investigate it when I get back home and check if it seems easy. If not, I won't bother, although it's quite annoying. (I've had some problems with Logitech wheels in the past, and I don't want to risk loosing the guarantee just because of some noise.
Quote from Dr.Yoga :i have problem with shifter. he not wanna change seq to manual. allways stay in seq mod...when i turn button to manual, all its ok, but, when i wanna change gear, gears is reversed to seq mode. big - for g25 shifter

g25 is just three weeks old.

Does it physically feel like it has the Hshifter enabled? Are you making sure your changing it right (i.e. pushing the gearstick down and turning the wee knob round the full 180 deg). If it doesnt ive not got a clue, but make sure it actually is in H-Shift mode (i had a few moments when i got it that i tried to push the knob down instead of the gearstick and it wouldnt change). Make sure that all the gears are binded correctly in setup options.

Or if it is stuck in seq mode and wont change, and youve only had it 3 weeks, just give logitech a call. They have a very good customer service and will more than likely tell you how to fix it or send you out a new one.
yes. i do it on right way. but, this is like shortcut or something like that. right led lights on but when i touch shifter, both lights start lightning and shifter going to sequel mod. hmm hmm. i try to repair that before bring him to service.
anyone got some info how to do handbrake for it etc from joystick gamepad something like that
Can someone say me how i can see which revision of G25 i have?
Quote from BlackbirdCaD :Can someone say me how i can see which revision of G25 i have?

It was on the label of that plastic bag which included installing instructions and drivers.

But if you threw it away without noticing like I did, better wait if someone knows other methods
Ok thx.
Just got my G25.. i have revision 101 :P
It's newer than 0.5 atleast =) and my H shifter don't have the click sound and that means i have a pretty new revision.

EDIT: Got some "issues" with my G25.
For the first, the wheel makes terrible noise when i turn it fast, i don't know if it's normal..
the wheel sounds loud even when i use headphones.
and I can't get in reverse on the H pattern gearbox.

Could someone help me?
Thanks.
Quote from BlueSkunk :
i'm currently having real issues with my H-shifter. it doesn't shift precisly at all anymore. a slight wobble on the stick in second often causes a shift to 4th. very annoying. it somehow feels like the stick itself is loose. is that possible?

Same problem here and it does the same with the R and 6th gear.
I really can't get in reverse, it's impossible.
Anyone have an idea why this happens or how it can be fixed?
It's very annoying when u can clearly see where the R should be..
Push the shifter down, and then shift it to where you'd normally find 6th gear.
Yea i figured it out just before u said it :P
lol, now i feel me a bit stupid ^^
i need a G25
I'm getting a G25. I know to set profiler FFB to 101% and LFS to 40ish %, but any other words of wisdom?
Quote from angrysasquatch :any other words of wisdom?

Don't let anyone else near your shifter. Every time I [reluctantly] let someone try shifting, they insist on SLAMMING the damn thing into every gear. I don't understand how people can sit down in front of a computer, and assume that the shifter is going to be just as difficult to move as in their 15-year-old Camaro. It's amazing, the sheer number of people who lack common sense.
Those familiar with Danowat's Road Sport Summer/Winter Cup might remember my on-going problems with the shifter unit as certain gears would randomly jump out to neutral without moving the stick itself. Very annoying when you're engine braking and in mid-braking it jumps from 2nd to neutral... or when you're trying to accelerate out from a corner and it jumps out from 3rd and revs go through the bonnet.

I popped the unit open last Wednesday and successfully repaired it with a piece of toilet paper. No kidding.

First thing I noticed was the whole shaft and the sockets were covered in thick grease. Lots of it! I figured, 'hey, it's rev 0.5A and I'm rich, bitch - I'll buy a new one if it fails'. So I grabbed some toilet paper, cleaned it up and screwed it back together.
Quote from spankmeyer :First thing I noticed was the whole shaft and the sockets were covered in thick grease. Lots of it! I figured, 'hey, it's rev 0.5A and I'm rich, bitch - I'll buy a new one if it fails'. So I grabbed some toilet paper, cleaned it up and screwed it back together.

This really works? I gotta do that too then I guess, I always wondered what was causing this random jumps back to neutral. Though I'm not rich enough to buy a new one if it fails, so I just have to watch that I'm not killing it while "fixing"
I got it a week ago.. It's just delicius
G25 Setup
hi all, I'm the the lucky owner of a new G25, I must say that I'm finding it a bit of a trial setting up the pedal axes especially ,can anyone cast some light on the best procedure?
Quote from Daveebee :hi all, I'm the the lucky owner of a new G25, I must say that I'm finding it a bit of a trial setting up the pedal axes especially ,can anyone cast some light on the best procedure?

Goto recalibrate, click recalibrate (dont touch anything) then press each pedal down individually.
G25 Setup
Thanks Panda, I wonder if you could elaborate further on this recalibrate button as I'm not sure if you are referring to the controller page in LFS or the 'control panel' or even the Logitech profiler...I am running M/soft Vista Home Premium.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG