The online racing simulator
@Matrixi

did you plan to open the wheel to look what had happend?
I'm tempted to but I don't want to break the warranty in case Logitech want the wheel back.
Oh boy, I have the same problem, I just never noticed.
It's only when you steer really fast though. Not sure if I should send it back.
Good grief. I was planning to sell my DFP, but I think I might just keep it as a backup for use during potential RMA shenanigans with the G25.

We probably shouldn't be too shocked. The DFP had it's problems in the first revisions as well. (Heck, it still has some problems.) Price of early adoption and all that.

lyd

EDIT: My g25 doesn't make more noise when turning left, but it seems to make different noise. A slightly lower frequency accompanied by a bit of rattling when turning it medium-fast. Pretty much a milder version of what seems to be happening to the wheel in the video. *shrug* We'll see what happens, I guess.
well according to tweaks its not a qc but a design issue so were screwed untill logitech gets out a new revision
Yep mine makes a little different noise turning one way then the other. But to be onest i expected this since i saw the first pictures of the two-parted big cogwheel with preload by a spring for backlash reduction. Cause when turning one way you turn against the preloaded upper part of the big cogwheel. When turning the other way around you turning against the lower part of the big cogwheel.
[quote=Matrixi;259843]I might have opened my mouth a bit too soon about the great "quality" of this wheel.

It's kaput.

I have had the feeling we've been done for a ride with this wheel the day i installed it even though mines not KAPUT yet i m pretty sure its going to be not very long.

LOGITECH we want you to recall this product and go back to the design board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I still like mine. No problems at all. There is a TINY difference in sound one way to the other, but I remember my Momo's doing that too. Software worked first time, everything feels good.

I'm just 1.5 - 2.0 seconds per minute slower at the moment (more if I turn autoclutch off, but I don't like the weird gear change behaviour on a wrong shift with manual clutch yet. I still press the clutch pedal with auto-clutch, it's just a failsafe in the background).
oh dear... that sounded horrible from Matrixi's video...

Hope Logitech's coming up with a better design real soon..
Quote from tristancliffe :I still like mine.

I love mine, and I am not terribly worried about any possible problems. It's got a year warranty and I am going to be using the hell out of it, so if there is a critical design flaw I have no doubt it will surface before it costs me $$. Well, shipping notwithstanding. Hopefully we will be able to send just the wheel back to reduce the cost of that.

Anyway, I'm perfectly happy with it.

lyd
Quote from sshhaabb :I have had the feeling we've been done for a ride with this wheel the day i installed it even though mines not KAPUT yet i m pretty sure its going to be not very long.

LOGITECH we want you to recall this product and go back to the design board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my, how fast people turn. :uglyhamme

Hundreds of glowing reviews, then one guy has a problem with his unit and suddenly it's a LOGITECH CONSPIRACY TO STEAL OUR MONEY! THE G25 IS COMPLETE GARBAGE! RECALL! CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT!! ZOMG!!! :scared:
Quote from Eric Tetz :Oh my, how fast people turn. :uglyhamme

Hundreds of glowing reviews, then one guy has a problem with his unit and suddenly it's a LOGITECH CONSPIRACY TO STEAL OUR MONEY! THE G25 IS COMPLETE GARBAGE! RECALL! CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT!! ZOMG!!! :scared:

£163 and that also after discount20 is a lot of monies or maybe not for some and its a few guys.

Btw the smiley is great!! LOL
Quote from tristancliffe :I still like mine. No problems at all. There is a TINY difference in sound one way to the other, but I remember my Momo's doing that too. Software worked first time, everything feels good.

I'm just 1.5 - 2.0 seconds per minute slower at the moment (more if I turn autoclutch off, but I don't like the weird gear change behaviour on a wrong shift with manual clutch yet. I still press the clutch pedal with auto-clutch, it's just a failsafe in the background).

I have to say the same, other then the reverse seeming to get stuck, but the wheel is fine. Maybe we're just lucky being brits and get good quality hardware?

Though with a two year warrenty even if it does borken it's no big deal.
Quote from sshhaabb :£163 and that also after discount20 is a lot of monies or maybe not for some.

What does that have to do with anything? All I'm saying is that you are drawing a cartoonishly extreme conclusion (i.e. the G25 design is fundamentally flawed! all of ours will fail! the only solution is recall and redesign! Logitech is trying to swindle us!) from a sample size of one.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Though with a two year warrenty

Did you misspeak/misremeber, or did they issue a longer warranty in the UK?

The warranty on mine is 1 year.

lyd
I know this is totally OT but you should be lucky at the sound of you G25, mine sounds alot worse than that and it's more squeekier....did I mention I have a DFP?

This is why I don't buy knew things, cost to much and if something goes wrong you feel like you've been done up the shitter, hope it works out good for most of you though.

/Me will wait a year or 2 untill he thinks about getting one.
Quote from sidi :Matrixi's wheel sounds pretty bad and i can only assume something inside is not quite fitting aswell as it should (maybe a loose motor).

Yeah maybe just a lose motor, or maybe something with the spring. In the worst case the teeths are damaged, then i would be worried about mine. A lose motor is quite normal for other logitech wheels. Now we have two motors so chances have doubled.

Btw. I think the G25 is a good wheel for the money you pay. But its not close to what i consider a perfect wheel (even with "todays" ff technologie). I would spend more, if ...

lyd, 2 years warranty in germany too.
Quote from Eric Tetz :Hundreds of glowing reviews, then one guy has a problem with his unit

One?

Quote from Shotglass :mine arrived today
has anybody else got the problem that the wheel is a lot louder in one direction ?

Quote from Micaoct :Oh boy, I have the same problem, I just never noticed.

Quote from wrx_20 :I finally got mine here in montreal .

Im waiting since september 9 for it and now its seem that i got a faulty one .

When i turn to the left (and only to the left) a strange noise occur , its pretty hard to describe but it doesnt feel right .

it seem that i will wait again for a replacement (my store only got 1 ) .

I'm sure there's a lot more people around the globe who also have this problem. We've all paid for a fully functional and non-flawed product, and that's what we deserve to get. Would be nice to hear what the actual design error has been and how will the warranty cover it.
2 years warrentry, 12 months at place of purchase, then the 12 months logitech are dishing out or are logitech shelling out 2 full years?
Whilst the number of people with problems here isn't all that big, and whilst Logitech should release a non-flawed product (which I personally think they have), you also have to bear in mind that YOU (whoever) took the plunge of pre-ordering and getting early ones.

You didn't HAVE to pay £163. You didn't HAVE to buy it immediately. Perhaps some of the 'complainers' should have waited until it was a proven product? Of course some of the 'complainers' have legitimate problems that anyone could have had no matter how long you waited.
My G25 is revision 0.5 and I would be worried if there weren't problems with first batches. At least no G25 has exploded in inferno of flames yet, ahem. The G25 has 2-year-warranty at least here in Finland, so I'm sleeping confidently despite Matrixi getting a lemon.
Quote from tristancliffe :Whilst the number of people with problems here isn't all that big, and whilst Logitech should release a non-flawed product (which I personally think they have), you also have to bear in mind that YOU (whoever) took the plunge of pre-ordering and getting early ones.

You didn't HAVE to pay £163. You didn't HAVE to buy it immediately. Perhaps some of the 'complainers' should have waited until it was a proven product? Of course some of the 'complainers' have legitimate problems that anyone could have had no matter how long you waited.

How in the hell would one know that he would be getting a faulty product? How long do you think that one should wait to get a certainly flawless product? Place yourself in the position of the people who HAVE gotten a faulty product and think. Wouldn't you be a bit pissed off? YOU preordered yourself if I understood correctly, think if your wheel would start to break now. Would you be just minding your own business and not caring about it? I somehow doubt it.

Do you think that a faulty product should just be kept in secret and cleaned under the carpet? If that's the way how it would go, Logitech products would remain to have questionable quality forever. Problems like these MUST be brought out to the public, that is the only way the manufacturer will even bother looking at the problem. I wasn't too surprised when the DFP rev A pedal problem started occurring, that was "only" a 120 euro wheel at the time. Imagine if people wouldn't have whined about that problem, do you think we would have gotten the better B revision DFP then?

No reply from the store yet either.
Yes, I preordered, and I'm happy. But if it broke or started to make funny noises, I'd be reasonably philosophical about it, knowing a warranty claim will probably sort it out, or I can reject it as not of reasonable quality.

Any problems, if they really do exist (and I think we need a month or two to find out what are design errors and what are QC mistakes) shouldn't be hidden, but fixed, and I'm confident Logitech would. Complaining, sending things back, and rejected stuff will eventually lead to a design change to stop the problem.

Logitech might not have built the most hardy hardware yet, but their customer service has been pretty damn good, so I wouldn't be too worried or annoyed.

Buy a brand new car and it might get recalls. Buy a brand new vacuum cleaner and it might have teething problems. Buy a brand new PC wheel and it might not be 101% successful. I wouldn't preorder stuff from a lot of companies, but Logitech were welcome to my money, and I'm glad I did. If the wheel falls off tonight I'll still be impressed overall, and put it down to a bit of bad luck. But that's just me, and thank God we are all different!
Everytime you buy something you should expect that (if it is new) it works for the time it is expectable to to work. Of course there are faulty ones, a guy sleeps at production line at ford factory and a million fords go the resellers without the back seat bolts tightened or a guy at logitech is playing LFS instead of checking that every wheels has all its stuff in the box before the nerd with "tapegun" turns the box into air sealed aromatic box filled with love and 1000 wheels are sent to customers with the wheel only inside the box. Or the manual.

The point is, (my examples were just the stupid ones, easy to fix) if you design a product and plan to make very many of them you expect that certain percentage has some failure etc. in it. It is business sense. If no wheels are returned due to bad quality or errors the logitech have made the wheel too good = they have invested too much money in the production. It IS actually cheaper to replace few bad products than build million good ones, because of the perfect factory takes more money than the few replacements.

Of course everyone should expect their product to be good quality, but the sad truth is that the Korporations want to make as much profit as they can. However, changing a faulty product should be obvious but if the fault is "just" a different sound - it may be just a "feature". Like that the Wolkswagen golfs from certain years have the feature that their locks freeze during normal winter nights in Finland. A feature.

I'm sure Matrixi will get a refund or a new wheel. It is just the fact that every time you buy something totally new that is coming on the market for the first time, you can expect that there may be some small "features" or faults in it. _It is just the way the industry works nowadays. Unless you buy premium quality (BRD, ECCI etc.) you should expect to get the faulty one. Cheaper price tag means something else too than just lower price

HINT: Don't buy new car models coming on the market for the first time. Buy the models which have been facelifted few times. Less features
I agree with what you both say. I think I'll just call Logitech directly and ask for a replacement wheel. I wouldn't really want a refund, because when the wheel worked it was amazing and fun. I guess it's just my luck to get the problematic products in the market. Ain't the first time this has happened to me..

But what I do wonder is, that according to Tweak, the griding noise was "fixed" in the retail model. Was it really fixed, or did Logitech release a product knowing it might have an unknown problem in some invidual products?

Never the less, I've always had perfect customer service from Logitech and that's what I expect again.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG