The online racing simulator
LOL i will try to eat more pizza. But thanks man.

But i just got new hardwood and i had problems with the pedals sliding back too(shitty rubber stoppers) so i had to get my bath mat and put it there, now it stays in place better, it will still drift left and right..... Maybe logitech should have tried a little harder for a better design on the pedals to keep them from sliding. Cause when i race i go crazy on the pedals, pushing them really hard, logitech needs a hardcore racer to test there wheels before launch on every type of environment. they miss the simplest of details, but most important. I really wish the pedals would stay still and my rolly chair.

Thanks again guys see ya on the race track,
Perhaps if your driving was smoother you might go faster I don't have problems with the pedals moving side to side but I wedged a plastic container between them and the wall to stop them moving back.
Yea well mainly its my chair thats the problem, i need a chair that doesn't have rollers and that doesn't spin. I wish this chair had brakes or something lol.
Totally off topic,and really stupid question: But how do you change Helmet skins? Thanks
Quote from skstibi :Yes, I now know that it is not going to be an easy job. It is not going to be the hardest either I am also going to try to make that shift clicking almost go away if not completely, yes, I know what I am doing. I have done much harder things.

The reverse gear on G25's shifter is activated by two inputs that the firmware is looking for: "sixth gear" output from the two potentiometers plus the reverse switch. This will be tough to get around since it is not a simple button press, but multiplexed inputs.
Quote from Honda_TypeR_VTEC :
But i just got new hardwood and i had problems with the pedals sliding back too(shitty rubber stoppers) so i had to get my bath mat and put it there, now it stays in place better, it will still drift left and right..... Maybe logitech should have tried a little harder for a better design on the pedals to keep them from sliding. Cause when i race i go crazy on the pedals, pushing them really hard, logitech needs a hardcore racer to test there wheels before launch on every type of environment. they miss the simplest of details, but most important. I really wish the pedals would stay still and my rolly chair.

You can always use the included M6X1 threaded bolt holes (hard points) in the bottom of the pedals (that Logitech included at added cost and engineering time) to attach your pedals to a piece of plywood (use countersunk holes). This piece of ply could be shaped to set under you chair, or be long enough to reach the wall to prevent sliding. Of course, on carpet you can use the included carpet lock, another added feature unique to Logitech pedals (patented) which is also an added cost/complexity that helps the pedals stay put. Finally, you could buy a simple race sim set and use all of the "hard points" that Logitech thought to include so all three componets can be bolted down. I know of no other vendor that provides this many solutions at this price point.

Note: if you do use the hard points make sure you review the included "bolt pattern templates" to make sure you do not use too long of machine screws that could damage the top case of your device.
I completely forgot about the hard points on everything, might have a little experiment later.
Awww, no! :weeping: :weeping:

The next G25 delivery at the shop where I ordered ist December 15th. #%$! Happens to be the same day as my birthday though, so that would be one really nice present

Also makes me hope that I might be getting a revisited version of the wheel and that it won't be noisier one way than the other...
Quote from tpa :Awww, no! :weeping: :weeping:

The next G25 delivery at the shop where I ordered ist December 15th. #%$! Happens to be the same day as my birthday though, so that would be one really nice present

Also makes me hope that I might be getting a revisited version of the wheel and that it won't be noisier one way than the other...

cancel your order and get it at another place
http://www.geizhals.at/de <- might help you find one
Hi all, maybe a stupid question, but I couldn't find an answer from looking at info about this wheel and I don't have time to read all posts about it unfortunatly.. so if it's asked before.. sorry

but..

About the 900 degrees of rotation.
Do I understand correctly you can also set it to less rotation?
and if so, are there several modes to pick from, or can you
put it to whatever you like?

thx in advance

Fred
Quote from DFS_MadFred :Hi all, maybe a stupid question, but I couldn't find an answer from looking at info about this wheel and I don't have time to read all posts about it unfortunatly.. so if it's asked before.. sorry

but..

About the 900 degrees of rotation.
Do I understand correctly you can also set it to less rotation?
and if so, are there several modes to pick from, or can you
put it to whatever you like?

thx in advance

Fred

You can change it in 1* values. I think, I would check but it isn't plugged in ^^;
Cool, that's good to know

Thanks a bunch, mate
Quote from Dabs :These never arrived on the date we had been informed, the latest date we have now been given is 20th November.

Sorry for this delay.

Customer Services
dabs.com Plc

Dabs delayed, oh well, thats what you get for saving money I suppose!
Hehheh, my mate *accidentally* ordered a G25. It got delivered eventually, but the delivery guy didn't get his signature on it If my mate can be arsed to call them up and say it never arrived, I'll be buying the extra one off him for half the price
my parents forced me to cancel it despite me telling them and showing them that my Momo pedals are practically falling apart, and the wheel isn't up to much right now either.... it annoys me, if my dad's CD player was broken, he'd go out and buy another one. My momo is well and truly knackered, and they force me to cancel a G25. Just because it's for a game they won't let me.... what they don't realise is, LFS is practically my life right now (yes, i have no life), just like Music is my dads life.... it really does annoy me...

I'm hoping to convince them in the next week or so that I'm in desparate need of a wheel that works and that a cheap crap one isn't an option, just like a cheap crap CD player isn't an option for my dad.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
I'm 18, so not exactly a kid anymore. but they just annoyed me practically telling me what I should do with my own money! I'm not saying LFS is my life full stop... obviously I have a life outside of gaming. But when I have spare time I quite like to go on Ventrilo and have a laugh with the rest of the team and a few others. My girlfriend lives in Dubai so there's a 4 hour time difference so I end up with nothing to do in alot of the evenings as my 'mates' seem to screw me over a fair bit.... anyway this is getting too personal....

point is, I don't see why my parents are complaining when it's my own money, I'm 18 and I have enough of it. Surely at this age I can make my own decisions!

oh, I don't really want another Momo wheel that's at risk of falling apart any time soon (pedals wise especially), and the G25 seems to me to be the wheel to have and it's affordable. and, well, H shifter and Clutch included for £150, (i do mainly race road cars in LFS)
so it's your money and they can't finiancially prevent you from buying one, what did they do to force you cancelling the order?

I never let my parents know how much this wheel worth even if it's my own money though
was it on their credit card?

if not i dont see how they could cancel it.

are they the type of parents who despise videogames and think that they are a waste of time?
You're 18? Just move out mate, I'm assuming it must be less than a year until you kart yourself off to Uni anyway (assuming you're going down that route, I know some people like to go earn some cash, frankly I prefer bumming around).
it's my money, my card... but they say 'christmas is coming up' and 'you're going to Dubai soon' yeah... I'm going there in 5 months. had a massive shouting match with my mum, and I'd quite like to stay at home as it's so difficult and expensive to get your own place in the UK! So i thought it'd be best to cancel it, even though i really didn't want to.

even showing them how buggered up the pedals are doesn't work.... But i will order one eventually.... even if I'm forced to stop playing LFS because of lack of controller (I tried mouse, once, hated it), I'll get a G25 before xmas hopefully

edit: Bob, I left college in June, not bothering with Uni, looking for a job in IT around the Newcastle area is really hard, as there are barely any jobs for that area at all! I have a decent amount of cash saved up, and it's not as if I can't afford the G25, I have more than 3x the money required for it. *goes off looking for recruitment agencies*
I had to take the wheel off to fix a button and when I took that plastic cover off it had a sticker on the wheel with hand written numbers on it.

They were exactly like this (actual numbers):
007 057

087 03

Just curious what they would be.
I'm not sure what these numbers mean, but I'm sure the Chinese text on top of each number would explain it... Here's a picture of it. maybe someone can translate it:

It's probably nothing but the identification numbers of the persons who worked on the wheel during manufacturing.
Attached images
g25_0.jpg
-
(AndroidXP) DELETED by AndroidXP : Turned out I was wrong, lol
ok, now who said that nobody has had their G25 start to smoke? Mine just fried mid-drift Funny thing is that my tires were smoking and I smelled smoke so I thought that it was just in my head but when I saw the smoke coming out of my wheel and the thing shut off..... Well anyway it is shipping out tomorrow, they are gonna replace it. Well, I guess if they did any improvements I will get the better model. I am sooooo glad I did not do anything to it. heh.
Quote from thisnameistaken :
If my kid (I don't have any kids, nor would I be any good at being a parent, hehehe, but still...) told me that a computer game was practically his life right now, I wouldn't give him money to spend on it, I would find him something else to do.

Kev, I'm in the opposite boat there, the computer is where I do most of my things, and my parents completely support me in it, by helping me fun upgrades, loaning me money for my G25, and other things of that matter.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Kev, I'm in the opposite boat there, the computer is where I do most of my things, and my parents completely support me in it, by helping me fun upgrades, loaning me money for my G25, and other things of that matter.

Lucky one. My parents do not support me playing games or working from my computer. If I want anything that costs more that a sweater, I have to pay for it. My mom and dad buy me SOME stuff. My dad buys some stuff for me but he is very selective of what. My dad and I race together so we kinda split the costs of the more expensive stuff.

Here is what I have paid for and that is my life:
Shifter kart, about $6000 NZD
My 1976 Yamaha 500 Dirtbike: $300+ $800 NZD to restore it (all work done by me)
Computer: $1500 USD Monitor $450USD
Radio control cars and trucks: adds up to $2000NZD
Soon to buy another car. (Looking at a 1996 Audi A4 Quatro)

I had to work my ass off to buy this stuff.

Some kids are spoiled rotten and some are like me who don't get much if anything, and some are right in the middle.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG